What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Hi,

Thank you for your post---but what can be said----pakistanis believe that the world is after them---whole of pakistan is paranoid---they are paranoid of leaves moving by the wind as if itwas a conspiracy---. But thank you for your post---.

People don't understand that the u s defence industry is an independant business entity that does not take any dictation from the u s government----.

That is why is has been brought up---instead of the u s govt---if paf had signed a contract directly with Lockheed Martin / GD / with the approval of the u s govt---there would be no sanctions on pakistan in the 90's.

No fighter aircraft company would want its name tarnished by planting kill switches----if you can do it to John---then you will do it to Mohammad and Hari Ram as well and businesses of the defence industry are not run like that---.

could that be the fear that india did not pick a u s fighter aircraft.

Isn't it mandatory that for all weapons exports from USA, the corporation cannot sell directly to other nations/entities, but the fact that US Government/ DoD becomes the customer first, gets the delivery, and then ships off to the receiving nation.

Like PAF F-16s were delived to US Airforce units, which were then passed on to PAF........same with upgradation of P3 Orions, the US government took them, and the company worked for USA government which in turn was acting like a broker on Pakistan Navy's behalf.

Please correct me if am wrong.

Could anyone confirm that how many F-16 do we have? I mean including from the original purchase of 40 plus 18 were ordered in 2006 with an option of additional 18 and I believe 14 optional were ordered in 2010. Am I right? Any one please?

Could anyone confirm that how many F-16 do we have? I mean including from the original purchase of 40 plus 18 were ordered in 2006 with an option of additional 18 and I believe 14 optional were ordered in 2010. Am I right? Any one please?

32 from original 40

14 old ones received with 1 lost

18 Blk 52s.

Total 63

kill/devil switches discussion: the only way this 'absurd' discussion can be proved either way is for PK to instigate a incident so that this discussion can be closed forever.

While speaking to a PAF guy, i inquired about this "Kill Switch" dilemma, basically he replied that, "Even a mobile phone has a 'chip' in it, so what's the big deal, there is no such technology which will switch off all the systems and make the aircraft fall out of the sky". !!!..... In any case, introducing such a barrier, would instantly kill off the American military aircraft market.

While speaking to a PAF guy, i inquired about this "Kill Switch" dilemma, basically he replied that, "Even a mobile phone has a 'chip' in it, so what's the big deal, there is no such technology which will switch off all the systems and make the aircraft fall out of the sky". !!!..... In any case, introducing such a barrier, would instantly kill off the American military aircraft market.

Whatever! Any thing which 'll reduce f-16's performance is not good at all.

Whatever! Any thing which 'll reduce f-16's performance is not good at all.

I have mentioned this before, US has not supplied PAF with CFTs, so the air crafts could merely fly circuit within it's borders.
One needs to remember, Block-52 may be the top notch fighter in PAF's inventory, but Pakistan's defence doesn't merely rely on 18 aircraft.

I have mentioned this before, US has not supplied PAF with CFTs, so the air crafts could merely fly circuit within it's borders.
One needs to remember, Block-52 may be the top notch fighter in PAF's inventory, but Pakistan's defence doesn't merely rely on 18 aircraft.

I thought we were going for Norway's used F-16s?
Do you know if PAF is showing any interest for used or new to increase inventory?

sir
18 Blk 52 have CFTs.....are u sure that US has not supplied CFTs with F16

sir
18 Blk 52 have CFTs.....are u sure that US has not supplied CFTs with F16

No, you misread me, what i was implying is, the fact US has supplied the CFTs, means the Block-52s are meant to carry out long distance missions beyond Pakistan's borders.

No, you misread me, what i was implying is, the fact US has supplied the CFTs, means the Block-52s are meant to carry out long distance missions beyond Pakistan's borders.

Or to stay longer in the air, in air defence missions. More fuel does not only mean more range, but also more endurance!

Or to stay longer in the air, in air defence missions. More fuel does not only mean more range, but also more endurance!

That too, but in the safety of your own airspace, the air fuellers can be called to top up your tanks.

Thanks But bad news though. I thought we had close to 84 and that is what globalsecurity.org says.

First batch 40 aircraft

2nd batch 26 or 28 aircraft which we never initially got as we got embargoed but after WOT started we got 14 out of them.

3rd batch 18 blk 52s

That gives a total of 84 or 86 if my calculations are right.

Thus 61 in total left as of now.

First batch 40 aircraft

2nd batch 26 or 28 aircraft which we never initially got as we got embargoed but after WOT started we got 14 out of them.

3rd batch 18 blk 52s

That gives a total of 84 or 86 if my calculations are right.

Thus 61 in total left as of now.

Khan Sahib you may be right but as per wiki we ordered 40 orignaly and we lost 8 so
32 old ones
14 at no cost old ones as per wiki
18 block 52 Received 18 Optional
14 Ordered in 2010 from option as per wiki.

Back
Top Bottom