What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

FIA Institute test F-16 Canopy for potential application F1 in open cockpit racing cars, a tyre travelling at 225/KMH is first fired into a
an American Dragster's canopy and then into an F-16 Bubble Canopy.

but same results cannot be expected when the plane is flying at cruising speed as the glass will be already under stress and any additional impact will have different consequences than this video...
This test was for racing cars,but would have been more accurate in a wind tunnel where the glas was blasted with 300KPH wind and then hit by tyre....

Last edited by a moderator:
Capture-2.png

Revetment Parking Bays with blast proof walls. ??

It could also be drainage system so the water from the field doesn't flood the taxiway. ??

but how the plane is supposed to enter this ?
no taxi way leading to this...Its grass and slope all around it

but same results cannot be expected when the plane is flying at cruising speed as the glass will be already under stress and any additional impact will have different consequences than this video...
This test was for racing cars,but would have been more accurate in a wind tunnel where the glas was blasted with 300KPH wind and then hit by tyre....

The thing here is that say an F-16 will seldom have the same hazard other than a bird strike in air, which again would be much less lethal than a tyre.

The thing here is that say an F-16 will seldom have the same hazard other than a bird strike in air, which again would be much less lethal than a tyre.

well yes you don't expect a Tyre hitting you midair...

The picture, is most probably to keep the runway incase of heavy showers/rain. How would you expect a fighter to get out, there is no opening on the runway.

And PAF Base Minhas has 19 hangars, excluding those for C-130. No need for underground hangars at PAF Base Minhas. :)

Sorry folks, that is only a drainage!!!

The fact that it has no lines to guide the plane. Totally forgot this!

What is the material composition of the F-16 canopy? Any info about that? looks like heavy use of plastics by the video.

Hi, A Fool will only tell you people, I am sure Oscar drives carefully.

This not really a secret, things bigger than this are known to the world and to people.

And you people refers to.....?

Hi, A Fool will only tell you people, I am sure Oscar drives carefully.

Unfortunately.. in this case.. Oscar is too unsure to make any comment .. yes(s)..and No(s).. flood his Brain in answer to this question.
And since I do try to drive carefully, Ill only say that Underground shelters are possible where the terrain permits it.

Unfortunately.. in this case.. Oscar is too unsure to make any comment .. yes(s)..and No(s).. flood his Brain in answer to this question.
And since I do try to drive carefully, Ill only say that Underground shelters are possible where the terrain permits it.

Thank you.

Underground facIlities for military do exist though.

I read somewhere that new shelters for the F-16 were made, both above and below. I know about the above part, but below was uncertain. Hence the question.

Capture-2.png

Revetment Parking Bays with blast proof walls. ??

It could also be drainage system so the water from the field doesn't flood the taxiway. ??

Possibly a drainage...and link between the two sides for water to flow during heavy rains.

Notice how the land has barren steaks running the length of the direction of drainage tunnel. Both sides of runway there is a barren land, while green patches around it. So probably, when water flows, the plants cannot be grown obviously in standing water....so grass/plants don't exist in that region.

Just my arm chair analysis.

:undecided:

Yeah most probably, because there are no yellow guidelines leading to the area for taxi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom