What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Hi

I don't think that there is any other plane of the calibre of J 11 in the price range of 40---60 million dollars each ( am I right about the price ). The only thing that paf needs is parity with iaf---that is all---that is where the game changes.

Parity with iaf will bring political stability to the region and that is the most important part of the deal---iaf will have to think seriously before making any threatening gestures on pak borders and air space.

Fear of sanctions is always there---so either it is the french or the chinese. We can't touch a french plane for less than 80-90 million dollars a piece ie the rafael.

My request is for the posters to consider this---a stronger paf at par with the iaf will completely change the indian aggressive posture towards pakistan.

At this stage in the game we need not be concerned with what india has (we are concerned )---what we need to be concerned with is, to acquire something that brings us at the same level of SU 30. And that is the J 11---we don't need too many of them--as MuradK suggested a sqdrdn and half at kamra and a sqdrn and half at karachi and we have all our bases covered.

If we can't get the J 11's under any condition at all---then I am pretty sure that the numbers of Jf 17 and the Fc 20 will be juggled around---and then there are always those m2k-5/9 coming up sale in a couple to three years time from qatar and uae.

50-60 j-11s wont stand a chance against 230 mki's, and 120 mirage 2000 and mig-29s which both have practive against j-11 type fighters. i think more are needed, why not cancel j-10 and buy 100 j-11?

and i think the mrca winner will be rafael, why? a lot of common stuff with mirage 2000, along with nice ew, multi role, and aesa coming soon. i want F/A-18 to win but i remember malaysia had problems when the F/A-18 and some Migs were in the same air force, reports said they just didn't work well together. also i think 80 mig-35 may be ordered to keep russia happy.

i think that makes sense, because no way 200 mrca gonna be produced by 1 vender by 2015 when a LOT of planes going to retire and lca will only come in limited numbers (50 or so by 2015), that way u can order rafael and keep similarity with mirage 2000 and u can order mig-35 to keep similarity with mig-29, that way planes are inducted the fastest and at the lowest maintenence cost and u already got weapons for them too and also some experience with mig-35 anyway.

Malay,

How are you? SU 30 is an extremely superior multirole aircraft. Except for the F 22, SU 30 can rule the sky on any given day against any aircraft. So, regardless of what the IAF purchases, it will not get the bang for the buck---they already have a top tier air craft in the arena that they operate in. Which means that there won't be any eye popping performance from the new aircraft---mrca.

Its good, but its RCS lets it down mate. This is where Typhoon and Rafale score. Along with that, the range of a2g munitions that come with American planes. This apart from having a high serviceability rate. MKI is maintenance intensive.

AESA, solid state EW jammers, most likely newer engines etc etc all will be fit on the Su-30MKI when it goes for its MLU. All is derived from the fact that MKI specs were frozen in '99-2000.

Malay,

How are you? SU 30 is an extremely superior multirole aircraft. Except for the F 22, SU 30 can rule the sky on any given day against any aircraft. So, regardless of what the IAF purchases, it will not get the bang for the buck---they already have a top tier air craft in the arena that they operate in. Which means that there won't be any eye popping performance from the new aircraft---mrca.

Please allow me to differ on that.

Maybe on paper, but I do not think that will happen in reality. Good luck for the MKI against the Rafale and EF Typhoon or the F-16 with DRFM jamming and firing the AIM-120C5.

I wouldn't be surprised if it struggles against the F-18E/F, F-15K or even the F-16 blk 52. It might have some advantages against a blk 52, but it certainly will not "rule the sky".

SU 30 is an extremely superior multirole aircraft. Except for the F 22, SU 30 can rule the sky on any given day against any aircraft.

I know at least one USAF fighter pilot who disagrees with you. Guess who it is?

Bold statement to make despite all that has been discussed on these forums before.

Hi,

Well, thankyou very much for the responce. On any given day, a JF 17 may down an Su---so---did I say any thing wrong :toast_sign: ---just like you may say---any given day pakistan can beat australia---they just did it today. So---:cheers: have one on me.

Hi,

Well, thankyou very much for the responce. On any given day, a JF 17 may down an Su---so---did I say any thing wrong :toast_sign: ---just like you may say---any given day pakistan can beat australia---they just did it today. So---:cheers: have one on me.

Yes we did, amazingly. All hope is not lost for our cricket team.

As for the Su-30 business, I claimed nothing of the sort, sir. I said I know at least one USAF pilot who disagrees that "except F-22 the Su-30MKI rules the skies". I think that was a pretty unresearched statement to make for a man as experienced as you are. Your knowledge makes everything you say very credible, but that does not take away from the fact that the statement was not entirely accurate. Ofcourse, you are entitled to your opinion.

Please forgive my audacity, the intent was pure.

Paface,

I am sorry---you didn't get the pun in my comments. I tried to explain it.

Alright---I am sorry---you win. :cheers: :pakistan:

Hi,

lolz, yes it is very true!! :yahoo:

well for the Su30, it is one of the best in the world! US claim that F18 latest version are 400 times better than the Su30!!
well this is the statement made by the US known for boasting off there equipment whereas russian keep it modest!

though it might not be true that Su30 is THE BEST but without any doubt it is one of them, capable of giving hard time to any plane!!

regards!

anyway boss! no point in comparing Su30 with the F18 now!

we might be facing both mammoths by 2015!

all our hopes are now pinned to FC20 and F16 block 52Q hope both these deals are materialized!!

regards!

Neo posted in Air crashes thread about different F-16's that PAF lost.
I noticed a lot of variety of block15's. Wondering what are the differences?
PAF 14 sqn F-16A Block 15U
PAF 38 TW F-16B Block 15N
PAF 38 TW F-16A Block 15T
PAF 14 sqn F-16A Block 15S
PAF 38 TW F-16A Block 15Q

CAN OUR F-16 B-15 LAUNCHES BVR MISSILES AND AIM-7 SPARROW?
NEED HELP?
REGARDS:pop:

AIM7 is old missile.They will launch AIM120/C5 AMRAAM BVR missile.

CAN OUR F-16 B-15 LAUNCHES BVR MISSILES AND AIM-7 SPARROW?
NEED HELP?
REGARDS:pop:

brother no offense to you but sadly enough all your post have a same answer!!
do some research, the net is full of this info! the very thread you are posting your question have detailed discussion about pakistani F16 firing BVR!

anyhow for a quick review:
currently no PAF plane is able to fire BVR missiles. (this includes F16)
pakistani F16 will be able to fire BVR Aim 120C5 after the MLU is completed and also the new block 52, IF we get them will be able to use these missiles!
i hope this helps you and yaar please dont take my post offensive but i will suggest you do do some research of your own and this surely will be benificial for you!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom