What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Morocco is having it sweet these days from Uncle Sam along with Tunisia and Egypt.

Today In History - June 7, 2002: PAF F-16 piloted by Squadron Leader Zulfiqar and Squadron Leader Afzal (GIBS) of No. 9 MR Squadron 'Griffins' destroy an intruding UAV (Searcher-II) of IAF on the night, during Ops Sentinel. This was the first kill of a UAV by any fighter aircraft in the world.

My Checha was the ATC on duty on this fateful night who steered the vipers onto the target. He narrated the whole story to me and it was fascinating to know it all right from the source. I will ask him to pen it down and send it to me for all to know what really went down that night.

Nice pic from PD

5840571020_7ea136e988_b.jpg

My Checha was the ATC on duty on this fateful night who steered the vipers onto the target. He narrated the whole story to me and it was fascinating to know it all right from the source. I will ask him to pen it down and send it to me for all to know what really went down that night.

any update

ISLAMABAD: The US has decided to supply two P3C Orion aircraft to Pakistan to replace the aircraft that were destroyed in the PNS Mehran attack on May 22nd, diplomatic sources told DawnNews.

According to sources, the US will also be supplying F-16 aircraft and its spare parts.

Moreover, it is also expected that the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen will soon be visiting Pakistan to convey US President Barrack Obama’s message, sources added.

Official sources had earlier told Dawn that the destruction of the two four-engine all-weather P3C Orion aircraft would temporarily affect the Pakistan Navy’s counter-terrorism and surface and underwater reconnaissance operations.

The aircraft is designed for surface and underwater reconnaissance and anti-submarine and anti-surface vessel operations. It is rated as the fastest turbo-prop long-range maritime patrol (LRMP) platform used worldwide and is also called the airborne destroyer.

The aircraft is 116 feet long and has a maximum speed of 410 knots. Its distinguishing features are long endurance, multiple role capability, variety of integrated sensors and above all the capacity to carry a wide array of anti-surface and subsurface weapons such as harpoon, torpedoes, depth charges, mines and rockets. It can fly a mission of at least 18 hours.

More US F-16s on the way? I hope this proposal or the 'idea' gets rejected.
After WoT, no more spare parts for the 16s, means we are just buying scrap :tdown:

WE SHOULDN'T GO FOR F-16S ANY MORE.THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A HEADACHE FOR PAKISTAN N WILL REMAIN SO WHEN USA PULLS OUT OF AFGHANISTAN.

Exactly. One US is gone from Afghanistan, the F-16s wont last more than a year.
And we had a plan for fleet of 14 F-16s (Maybe Block 50/52+) which was overlooked after shipment of the recent 17 (out of 18 F-16s Block 52+).

Seems like they got aware that US will soon pull out and what will happen to the F-16s.
Must head towards JF-17 and J-10Bs. (Inside news suggest interest in J-15s, not confirmed)

I DON'T KNOW Y PAF IS SO MUCH OBSESSED WITH F-16S.IMPROVED VERSION OF JF-17 N J-10S N LATER ON J-20S SEEM TO BE THE BEST AVAILABLE OPTIONS FOR PAF

It is not obsessed. The plane is good and PAF knows it inside out. They have around 70 so getting enough spares to keep them up in the air is a smart strategy. If we buy time with that we can get more evolved FC20 or other options. Surely we all like PAF to be better etc but there are no better alternatives now. Not if you do not have as much to spend as you like.

maybe you guys are dumb f16 might be beneficial to airforce requirements which we don't understand!!

I am one of the scores of Pakistanis who grew up hearing of the greatness of the f-16 and it has a certain aura in our nation...so naturally people, including the military leadership, get carried away whenever they are offered. A great aircraft, the very definition of multirole, produced in numbers so it is well priced...and it has shown itself to be a very able aircraft.
On the other hand, the way Pakistanis keep flip flopping between being friends with the US and just annoying the US, we can never be sure if the spares will come, but I cant claim its unfair...we have shown ourselves to be very untrustworthy allies, who may have lost many people to terrorism, but only because our leadership sacrificed them for their "genius" plan of playing both sides.

Never mind, PAF higher officials wont take a look at your suggestions and requests. They will prefer, no, LOVE TO ACQUIRE busted old F-16s.

if more f-16s are offered through some aid program (free) then PAF should totally go for them!
if PAF wouldto buy them then its a no no!

if they are free,we would be able to use them in future (once US abandon us) for spare parts to keep our inventory alive!

Back
Top Bottom