What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

PAFFalcons-June11-large.jpg

FALCON AT FULL THROTTLE: The F-16 boosts forward with its afterburners activated displaying a beautiful pattern behind.

I dont know how many times this question has been asked but as i am new in here if somebody can please tell me whether we have got CFTs for our block 52+ and if somebody knows which squadron has got these new F-16s Griffins,Arrows or a new squadron has been made for them?

I dont know how many times this question has been asked but as i am new in here if somebody can please tell me whether we have got CFTs for our block 52+ and if somebody knows which squadron has got these new F-16s Griffins,Arrows or a new squadron has been made for them?

Not only the new F-16s are equipped with the CFTs, but the older aircraft will also be capable to deploy these tanks after upgrade.
Next month, No.5 Squadron (Falcons), a former Mirage unit, will stand up equipped with the Block-52s.
You may find this thread interesting.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/92338-paf-pioneered-cft.html

Not only the new F-16s are equipped with the CFTs, but the older aircraft will also be capable to deploy these tanks after upgrade.
Next month, No.5 Squadron (Falcons), a former Mirage unit, will stand up equipped with the Block-52s.
You may find this thread interesting.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/92338-paf-pioneered-cft.html

No the old one will not be equipped with CFT's. CFT's are not a part of MLU also according to latest AFM this is not going to be the case

Only the block52+ can have CFT. You cannot just put them up to do the job. There is a big structural modifcation and it is not an option. Let me put it different. If it was possible then there would be many nations having it already. I doubt the PAF is the first to have it as an upgrade.

No the old one will not be equipped with CFT's. CFT's are not a part of MLU also according to latest AFM this is not going to be the case

As they say in Pakistan, "Sir Yea Clerical ghalti thi" :)
Indeed, i misunderstood the disclosure, the older F-16 will be plumbed to have the in-flight refueling facility installed during the MLU.

As they say in Pakistan, "Sir Yea Clerical ghalti thi" :)
Indeed, i misunderstood the disclosure, the older F-16 will be plumbed to have the in-flight refueling facility installed during the MLU.

Every f16 has standard ifr. It cost you more to get it removed. Maybe you should read the comment of our former ACM who told in an interview (published in AFM) that the only reason it was not used by PAF in the beginning cause they had no checked it. So a simple and direct question. Where did you get your data sir?

Every f16 has standard ifr. It cost you more to get it removed. Maybe you should read the comment of our former ACM who told in an interview (published in AFM) that the only reason it was not used by PAF in the beginning cause they had no checked it. So a simple and direct question. Where did you get your data sir?

Yes you are right because if i remember correctly the vipers that went for red flag were refueled mid air twice on the route.

Hi,

In our theatre of affairs---why do we need CFT----. It may only be used for certain special needs missions---but on regular basis----our geography is not such that cft is needed----the BLK 52 can use cft and that number is enough for any special strike needs----. CFT has to have a purpose and its usage has to have need for all the F 16's to have it-----

Yes you are right because if i remember correctly the vipers that went for red flag were refueled mid air twice on the route.

Yes ,the current refueling system f-16's have is boom refueling system not a Probe and Drogue one .So the f-16's can't be refueled by il-78 MRTT or for that matter any other aircraft equipped with probe and drogue system .Only tankers which have boom operating system can refuel F-16's .Like KC-135

Here is the boom refueler

large_Refuel.jpg

KC-10_boom_closeup.jpg

And this one drogue and probe ,the one we also have in il-78 MRTT

aerial_refueling-USAF.jpg

US_Navy_020201-N-0000X-001_F-A-18_Damaged_during_refueling.jpg

Before you question the source of my information, some home work is in place as the same magazine (AFM) covered the exercise Antonio Eagle, in which the PAF deployed it's F-16s for the first time. However to reach Turkey, the PAF aircraft had to make several stop overs since they didn't incorporate IFR capability. According to the then ACM, the plumbing of such facility was time consuming hence the refueling stops were considered as the convenient option. The aircraft involved were the first batch of "A" & "B" models received in the 80s, which are now going through the MLU process also incorporating the IFR capability. The F-16s that participated in the Red Flag were the once embargoed machines, released within the last five years under the code of "Zesty". Before being dispatched, these aircrafts received some upgrades in US, hence they were also capable of conducting IFR during the exercise. As for the claim, that the aircraft were not checked, I find that incredible, since the very first batch of F-16s that landed in Saudia to be handed over to Pakistan, were refused by the PAF. After inspection, the Pakistani authorities discovered that the aircraft, instead of the ANPG-66, incorporated an inferior radar system. However after assurances by the US, the F-16s were eventually flown into Pakistan.

The issue of plumbing had more to do with being disused rather than being disabled..
The USAF never authorized a refueler.. so the PAF's receptacle has been largely sealed...and the plumbing that went into those tanks neglected compared to the other systems.
On the issue of the APG-66.. it also had to do with the Saudi's being a little hyped about the radars on their F-15's having several components with name tags scratched out..
that had to do with those components being made in Israel.. which the Americans thought best to omit.. rather than risk an issue..
PAF F-16's.. were actually tricked out .. better than most Block 15's operated by other airforces..

Back
Top Bottom