What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Salaam
I am reader of defence.pk for long time and recently got registered. I have read that our old f-16s going through MLU. I cant find the date when it will be all completed.
Can some1 kindly mention the time it will take for all of old ones to be upgraded?
Thanks

Salaam
I am reader of defence.pk for long time and recently got registered. I have read that our old f-16s going through MLU. I cant find the date when it will be all completed.
Can some1 kindly mention the time it will take for all of old ones to be upgraded?
Thanks

Hi

If you have been a reader for a long time..I suggest you go through the last ten pages or so of this thread.. your question will be answered.

Salaam
Thanks

42months starting in nov-2010

Brother, i have played falcon 3 and 4 :), regarding your question on rolls, i have seen my self that PAF pilots are able to roll even a mirage so beautifully with different techniques that its amazing, let alone the f-16 which seems like favorite toy to them. Its not whether they are short of airshow expertise, its just their way of showing the skill. Most of us think that quick roll, rocket climb, quick turn or dropping at high speed is skill, on the contrary, its all extremely difficult to do at low speed and this is why pilot skills are tested more at low speeds when you have less power, loosing altitude quickly. We saw a glimpse of this skill in Zhuhai with JFT's stunning low speed performance....

thanks for replying.

5 Jan 1986
Worldwide F-16 fleet surpasses one million flight hours

main.php

Embargoed PAF F-16A Block 15, #92-0408 carrying PAF serial 93739 and US ferry marks sits on the receiving line at AMARC. The aircraft went to the US Navy in late 2002. [Photo by Kevin Patrick]

they must have completely ruined our bird.

why no CFT on our block 52?

each CFT has 1700 litres.and by this the range of f-16 will surpass 5000km

An Interesting news item appeared in the latest issue of AFM Magazine.
" A final batch of five F-16 Block 52s arrived at Shahbaz Air Base on December 13, marking completion of deliveries to the PAF. Although 18 aircraft were ordered, only 17 have actually arrived in Pakistan.The first F-16D 10801, although officially handed over, has been retained in the US for continued development work and is currently operating from Edwards Air Force Base, California.
The delivered aircraft are flown at Shahbaz by 5 Squadron, previously a Mirage unit.

An Interesting news item appeared in the latest issue of AFM Magazine.
" A final batch of five F-16 Block 52s arrived at Shahbaz Air Base on December 13, marking completion of deliveries to the PAF. Although 18 aircraft were ordered, only 17 have actually arrived in Pakistan.The first F-16D 10801, although officially handed over, has been retained in the US for continued development work and is currently operating from Edwards Air Force Base, California.
The delivered aircraft are flown at Shahbaz by 5 Squadron, previously a Mirage unit.

I wonder why is the last viper held back ? :what:

According to original delivery schedule the plane is to be delivered in january 2011. It was the first to be tested and they probably have to refit it (remove the testing equipment) and probably doing some maintenance to make it brand new again. There is no strange or new development.

Back
Top Bottom