What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

yup in terms of weapons and avionics PAF MLU will be far superior to Euro MLU with newer APG-68v9 radar and better EW/ECM suite.

It seems MLU of PAF F-16s have already started and seem to be at some advance stage.

No bro. in the picture it shows, it is in initial stages.

2010-12-21-tai-09.jpg

its much similar to this one
1809588.jpg

its in the initial stage where all the parts and avionics are separated out and only airframe lefts behind for major structural over hauling.it is also called as de-paneling process after that aircrafts are re assembled.

here is an Original F-16 MLU manual. its quite heavy site and it might hung ur PC.So better download on computer and enjoy worthy info.
F-16 MLU Manual Part 1

Why is the MLU so late.

and cant PAC do the MLU things for f-16 when it can manufacture jf-17 totally indegenously except engine.

i knw PAC is more advance then TAI..integrating new engine and new radar is nt a big deal for PAC..

Why is the MLU so late.

and cant PAC do the MLU things for f-16 when it can manufacture jf-17 totally indegenously except engine.

i knw PAC is more advance then TAI..integrating new engine and new radar is nt a big deal for PAC..

u r flying above the limit, come down man ur flight is over.
and there are a lot of Indian here to pick ur post and DHOOL DHAMAKA TROLL.

PAF might upgrade a few 5 or 10 at PAC at the last stages of MLU process. currently PAC ain't that advance to modify F-16.

As u talked about Jf-17, remember what CAS said in evaluation ceremony of first Jf-17 111 "JF-17 is a light, low cost, Easy to produce aircraft that is capable of delivering advance weapons". in other words its a Cheap birds easy to manufacture and maintain.
F-16 is not a low cost bird neither it is easy to maintain as compared to Jf-17.

initially MLU at PAC was considered but PAC is already involved in JF-17 production so idea was dropped.

They should have, otherwise what's the use of spending so much money on MLU.

gosh guys IFR in F-16 added with MLU you got be kidding me.
F-16 was built around in-flight refueling back in the 70s.
It uses the USAF Boom Aerial refueling capability. PAF F-16s has that capability since 1983 but we don't use it as we currently don't have Boom refuelers.

Why is the MLU so late.

You are wrong.

The major programs of TAI include:
* Electronic warfare retrofit and structural modifications on TuAF F-16s.[2]
* MLU, Falcon-Up and Falcon Star Modifications on the Royal Jordanian Airforce ( RJAF ) F-16s,[3]
* Modifications of 42 Block-15 F-16's of Pakistan Air Force to Block-50.[4]
* Modification of the S-2E Tracker Maritime Patrol Aircraft into Fire Fighting Aircraft
* CN-235 and Black Hawk modifications for the Turkish Special Forces
* Modification of CN-235 platforms for MPA/MSA missions for the Turkish Navy and Coast Guard
* Modification and modernization of Eurocopter AS 532[5]
* Glass Cockpit Retrofit of S-70 helicopters[6]
* Conversion of B737-700 aircraft AEW&C aircraft[7]
* Avionics modernization of C-130 aircraft for the Turkish Air Force (TuAF) [8]
* Production of the center fuselage of Joint Strike Fighter F-35 aircraft[9]
* Participating in the design and development of the A400M military transport and tanker aircraft[10]
* Avionics modernization of T-38 aircraft for the Turkish Air Force [11]
* Design, development and production of the attack helicopter T-129 for the Turkish Armed Forces (TAF).[12]
* Design, development and production of Turkish Primary and Basic Training Aircraft, named HÜRKUŞ, with EASA CS-23 certification.[13]
* Design, development and production of Anka unmanned aerial vehicle for the Turkish Air Force.[14]

gosh guys IFR in F-16 added with MLU you got be kidding me.
F-16 was built around in-flight refueling back in the 70s.
It uses the USAF Boom Aerial refueling capability. PAF F-16s has that capability since 1983 but we don't use it as we currently don't have Boom refuelers.

very, very correct - the plumbing is in-built!:cheers:

i do know U.S. is planning to retire some of their KC-135s, though at this point I think we should work with what we have for now, and perfect it.

the israelis locally developed a conversion kit (IAI Lahav IFR probe) for their F-16C refuelling needs-- no reason at all why we cant do the same....

Back
Top Bottom