What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Not likely -- Anyway, look at building not buying, we are not arabs after all.
I was just saying if we buy F35 we might buy from.......

But if we buy 5th genration fighter then its going to be chineese jxx no matter when it comes out.....

I was just saying if we buy F35 we might buy from.......

But if we buy 5th genration fighter then its going to be chineese jxx no matter when it comes out.....

i guess ur right but chinese 5th eneration will probably a twin engine a/c.........and u kno PAF is very alergic to twin engine aircrafts!

but PAF probably will buy 2-3 squads max...

Just hope for better Economy in next 15 Years. You might see more than 3 Squadrons in the future.

i guess ur right but chinese 5th eneration will probably a twin engine a/c.........and u kno PAF is very alergic to twin engine aircrafts!

How exactly is it allergic to twin engine aircraft?? :what:
Having operated B-57's, F-6's, A-5's throughout its lifetime, having an allergy to twins makes no sense. And if twin engine's were such an issue, the PAF would never have tried for the EF, Rafale ,Fulcrum or Flanker series.
Its a fairly weird logic there...which Ive only heard from Indian members till now who were unaware of the PAF's history..:blink:

China has two 5th generation programs, one heavyweight twin engine fighter similar to PAK-FA and F/A-22, as well as a medium-weight design. It is unclear if the medium weight design is single or twin engine, but regardless, I don't think PAF has an inherent issue with twin engine fighters. Traditionally, the twin-engine types have been larger and more expensive to maintain - but PAF was positive towards having F-5 Tiger IIs back in the early 1970s. Hence it shouldn't be a problem if a medium weight 5th generation fighter is offered...capabilities above F-35 but at reasonable costs.

Not likely -- Anyway, look at building not buying, we are not arabs after all.

Last I checked, Egyptians were building/assembling quite a bit on their own, from their own Chinese aircraft to Abrams tanks (since 1988), all in country.
Saudis support all of their platforms themselves in country.

China has two 5th generation programs, one heavyweight twin engine fighter similar to PAK-FA and F/A-22, as well as a medium-weight design. It is unclear if the medium weight design is single or twin engine, but regardless, I don't think PAF has an inherent issue with twin engine fighters. Traditionally, the twin-engine types have been larger and more expensive to maintain - but PAF was positive towards having F-5 Tiger IIs back in the early 1970s. Hence it shouldn't be a problem if a medium weight 5th generation fighter is offered...capabilities above F-35 but at reasonable costs.

I hope they make it similar to F/A 22. The whole concept of F-35 is that missiles will do the turning and chasing, but if it ever came down to F-35 in dog fighting, it's worse than F-4. At least that's what the members on f-16.net forum were saying.

F/A22 is the real deal, with dog fighting and advanced avionics it surely is a great plane though not the best one for value for money. I bet PAF is looking for something, and J-xx might be their only solution.

How exactly is it allergic to twin engine aircraft?? :what:
Having operated B-57's, F-6's, A-5's throughout its lifetime, having an allergy to twins makes no sense. And if twin engine's were such an issue, the PAF would never have tried for the EF, Rafale ,Fulcrum or Flanker series.
Its a fairly weird logic there...which Ive only heard from Indian members till now who were unaware of the PAF's history..:blink:

i think it has been an issue, twin-engine a/c. remember PAF initial requirement for the A-5s was ~150 a/c but only abt 55 were inducted. ofcourse there were other issues with the A-5. PAF friends have termed the A-5 'rustic' until abt 22 improvements were made.

F-6 according to my info (even though inducted in numerous numbers) remained a high maintenance a/c. (every 100 hrs or so). so yes in a sense PAF had issues but if a 'technologically superior' twin-engine is offered they wld consider it.

Saudis support all of their platforms themselves in country

So you would propose we have every US defence manufacturer set up shop in Pakistan, like they have in Saudi -- no, the Saudi was not exactly a fair example - I'm sort of traditional Arab to me are peole from the Arabian peninsula - you and I speak English, that does not make us englishmen

Does anyone has any information if its correct that flood warnings issued including there is a danger to Jacobabad "Shahbaz" Air Base.

So you would propose we have every US defence manufacturer set up shop in Pakistan, like they have in Saudi -- no, the Saudi was not exactly a fair example - I'm sort of traditional Arab to me are peole from the Arabian peninsula - you and I speak English, that does not make us englishmen

The Saudis have US and British support, but the bulk of work is done by Saudis themselves even though they have contractors to direct the work. May not be a perfect example, but also not one which disproves my point.

Egyptians are a very fair example. They do just as much as Pakistan does in their own indigenous programs. Until the joint JF-17 venture, they were doing the same level of depot maintenance and development/assembly work as Pakistan.

Gulf is a different issue. They'd rather spend money on building high rises than investing in something of substance. Saudis are better than all of the other Gulf countries in terms of indigenous military production and support.

Forgive my ignorance, Does F-16 blk 52 has an IRST? If it has whats its specs?

1759680.jpg

Here is the first F16C block 52 for Pakistan Air Force during its delivery flight!

Back
Top Bottom