What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Latest additions to 1,000 hrs Viper Club

Here are the latest additions:

Sqn.Ldr. Aftab "Viper-Phantom" Zia (Updated: 29 May 2010)
11 sqn

Wg.Cmd. Zulfiqar "Sidewinder" Ayub (Updated: 29 May 2010)
9 sqn | 9 sqn

Wg.Cmd. Bilal Hassan (Updated: 29 May 2010)
9 sqn

Sqn.Ldr. Moin "Tornado" Rana (Updated: 29 May 2010)

Sqn.Ldr. Asim "Mav-Slammer" Raja (Updated: 29 May 2010)
9 sqn

Not just 18, Pakistan is now acquiring all 36 F-16s. This report in Defence Industry Daily now confirms what I have heard lately.

May 23rd, 2010
On June 28/06, the US DSCA notified Congress via a series of releases of its intention to provide Pakistan with a $5.1 billion Foreign Military Sales package to upgrade the F-16s that serve as the PAF’s top of the line fighters. Some of these items had been put on hold following the October 2005 earthquake in Pakistan & Kashmir, but the request for 36 new F-16 Block 50/52s is now going ahead, along with new weapons, engine modifications, and upgrade kits for Pakistan’s older F-16 A/Bs.

Regarding the older F-16s, they are not just getting the standard MLU but the CCIP upgrade which will bring them up to Block-50/52+ standard.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/?s=pakistan

Last edited:
sir mig 21 bison has them su 30 has them all i want to know is that can we counter them by EW suits

Hi,

That is indeed the most important question of all---can our jammers match and compete and outdo the israeli and russian jammers.

Not just 18, Pakistan is now acquiring all 36 F-16s. This report in Defence Industry Daily now confirms what I have heard lately.

Regarding the older F-16s, they are not just getting the standard MLU but the CCIP upgrade which will bring them up to Block-50/52+ standard.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/?s=pakistan

Sounds like a good news.

Can you please tell that what would be the total number of vipers in our inventory inc B-52+ and MLU M3 upgraded vipers ?

Shamim sahib,

are we buying new 18 F-16s blk 52 (that were on option when we ordered the first 18) or is it going to be EDA upgraded to blk 52 standard?

Seeing that we had problems financing the first batch of JF-17s, our FC-20 order is on hold, I wonder where we got the money to purchase 18 new F-16s AND if that would be a wise decision.

Regarding the CCIP standard and bringing older F-16s to blk 52 standard, all avionics will be brought to blk 52 standard but these key differences will remain between newer blk 52 and MLUed F-16s:
- no improvements in mission range
- no improvements in loiter time
- no engine improvements
- and no improvements to payload capacity.

Other than that, they will basically be equivalent to blk 52 standard.

MLU Upgraded vipers wont be able to carry CFT's either:coffee:

Shamim sahib,

are we buying new 18 F-16s blk 52 (that were on option when we ordered the first 18) or is it going to be EDA upgraded to blk 52 standard?

Seeing that we had problems financing the first batch of JF-17s, our FC-20 order is on hold, I wonder where we got the money to purchase 18 new F-16s AND if that would be a wise decision.

Regarding the CCIP standard and bringing older F-16s to blk 52 standard, all avionics will be brought to blk 52 standard but these key differences will remain between newer blk 52 and MLUed F-16s:
- no improvements in mission range
- no improvements in loiter time
- no engine improvements
- and no improvements to payload capacity.

Other than that, they will basically be equivalent to blk 52 standard.

The engines have already been upgraded to 220E standard.Which is the high end upgrade for all F-16's till block 30.

Sounds like a good news.

Can you please tell that what would be the total number of vipers in our inventory inc B-52+ and MLU M3 upgraded vipers ?

32 original
14 EDA stocks (or transferred from USAF - embargoed)
46 total
01 attrition
45 to go upgrade
18 blk 52 under delivery
18 blk 52 option taken
81 total

expect the number to go to at-least 100.

6 sqdns inc a OCU

32 original
14 EDA stocks (or transferred from USAF - embargoed)
46 total
1 attrition
45 to go upgrade
18 blk 52 under delivery
18 blk 52 option taken
81 total

expect the number to go to at-least 100.

6 sqdns inc a OCU
Fatman
According to Hkhan of pakdef.info the embargoed F16s will also be released in the fall of this yr. it is on grounds of the fact that USN is by law required to keep aircrafts that can be serviced by the inventory of parts that it holds.As these are BL15OCUs they no longer hold parts for them and therefore have to release them. As discussed with you earlier, I had heard that 14 new Bl52s were being acquired but it seems that PAF will take up all the available options of 18. Good news as long as we maintain a hefty load of spares on board!!
Araz

Awsome news.. about the new blk 52's and now that we will go for the 18 more option and or older f-16's will go through mlu and hopefully usn will clear our older aircraft . I heard from a good friend of my dad who is a retd top PAF offical that PAF always wanted to maintain atleast a 100 vipers.

THE FIRST AND THE FURIOUS
June 7, 2002

Squadron Leader Zulfiqar and Squadron Leader Afzal (GIBS) of No. 9 MR Sqn destroy an intruding UAV (Searcher-II) of IAF on the night of 7th June, 2002, during Ops Sentinel. This was the first kill of a UAV by any fighter aircraft in the world.

Back
Top Bottom