What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

^^^once the realations get back to normal, I'll request the mods to add indian flag as well.... lol.....:P

sir,

F-16 are amazing fighter but the only problem is that us of A will start decommissioning them from 2020. And replace with f-22 by then the f-16 will become obslete frame. yes for Pakistan they have j-10 and jf-17 and other future programme but at a general level f-16 won't be their main weapon.

sir,

F-16 are amazing fighter but the only problem is that us of A will start decommissioning them from 2020. And replace with f-22 by then the f-16 will become obslete frame. yes for Pakistan they have j-10 and jf-17 and other future programme but at a general level f-16 won't be their main weapon.
:wave:

US has more than 1000 f-16s they will start replacing after f-35 becomes operational and thats gonna take them beyond 2025 and by 2030 there wont be a single f-16 in their main operational squadrons...

any views ??

:cheers:

can anyone please tell us about the MLUz, are there any planes currently undergoing MLU or upgradation from Turkey??

when is this project going to start and how long it may take. what is more important is that when will it be started.??

i will really appreciate any guidance in this regard

thankyou!

can anyone please tell us about the MLUz, are there any planes currently undergoing MLU or upgradation from Turkey??

when is this project going to start and how long it may take. what is more important is that when will it be started.??

i will really appreciate any guidance in this regard

thankyou!

sir i know that this point may have been discussed earlier but sorry if i missed it,,
can anyone kindly help me about the CURRENT status of the MLUz actually the Turkish upgrades were stated to start somewhere in 2009 so whats going on!!

sorry for my ignorance but i am yet unavle to get the point,,

the MLU from US and the Turkish upgrades where two different projects, will the same plane receive both upgrades or will it be distributed into two batches, one may also think that the Turkish upgrades may be a back-up in case we face some problems from US side,

can anyone please clarify this point,

thankyou!

'Father' of F-16 Dies at Age 89
Staff report
Published: 10 Feb 15:28 EST (20:28 GMT)

The man known as the father of the F-16 and a founding member of the "fighter mafia" is dead.

Aircraft designer Harry J. Hillaker died Feb. 8 at his home in Fort Worth, Texas. He was 89.

Hillaker spent 44 years with U.S. contractor General Dynamics, where he was a point man for designing the F-16. General Dynamics and Lockheed Martin have delivered more than 4,400 F-16s to air forces around the world.

In a 1991 interview with Code One Magazine, Hillaker recalled how believers in a lightweight fighter became known as the fighter mafia.

"That was the title given to the small group of people responsible for the conceptual design of the lightweight fighter, what became the F-16," Hillaker said. "The group had three core members: John Boyd, Pierre Sprey and me. We were given the 'mafia' title by people in the Air Force back in the mid-'60s. We were viewed as an underground group that was challenging the establishment. We were a threat of sorts."

At the time, the U.S. Air Force was focused on fielding the F-15 Eagle. Development efforts for what became the F-16 were low key.

Hillaker wanted a plane that achieved speed and range by being small and more efficient than the much larger F15.

"If we wanted to fly faster, we made the drag lower by reducing size and adjusting the configuration itself. If we wanted greater range, we made the plane more efficient, more compact," Hillaker said.

Hillaker was born in Flint, Mich., and attended the University of Michigan. In 1941, he went to work with Consolidated Aircraft in San Diego, Calif., and a year later was assigned to the firm's Fort Worth plant.

Consolidated became General Dynamics, where Hillaker had a hand in several major projects, from the B-36 to the F-16. He retired in 1985, but continued to work with the U.S. Air Force and aviation groups.

'Father' of F-16 Dies at Age 89 - Defense News

can somebody please answer Arsalan's question... i am curious as well now how can we talk about MLUs from the US and TURKEY at the same time....and will the MLUs be the same better or worse....?

Turkey just assembles the parts... It does not matter whether you buy labour in Turkey or elsewhere as long as they do the same. Which is pretty logical cause no one is allowed to alter the design which will be tested on the first PAF f16's in USA at the moment...

Take the radar... Do ou think Turkey will build the the radar? Nopes They will get it from Lockheed and assemble it into the F16...

1]which mlu package are we taking? will the block15 be equal to block40 or 50+?
2]also will be having the new pw229 enjine or keep the old pw100?

4mlu from usa.. all other in kamra by turkey]

Turkey just assembles the parts... It does not matter whether you buy labour in Turkey or elsewhere as long as they do the same. Which is pretty logical cause no one is allowed to alter the design which will be tested on the first PAF f16's in USA at the moment...

Take the radar... Do ou think Turkey will build the the radar? Nopes They will get it from Lockheed and assemble it into the F16...

Actually for the radar, even Lockheed gets it from Northrop Grumman and installs it in F-16. Radars for F-16, APG-66 and new APG-68 are made by Northrop Grumman (formerly Westinghouse).

we should be more concern about our JF-17s block II rather than handfull of F-16s.

Back
Top Bottom