What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Friends let's study economics some other day and on a more relevant thread plz.

As far as the future plans of PAF are concerned, the decommissioning process of the older planes have already started with the induction of JF-17 by replacing A-5's of the 26 Sqn. A-5's will be replaced completely within another 12-16 months and then the Mirage III starting from 2012 - 2013.
The retirement of F-7PG and Mirage V will be complete by mid of 2015.
As far as F-16's are concerned we currently operate 41 F-16 block 15 and 1 F-16 block 52, the old block 15's will undergo MLU starting from Oct 2010 one per month and the new 17+14 F-16 block 52 will be delivered by the end of this year except for one plane that will be delivered in Dec 2011.
So this should be the inventory of F-16s in 2015 (41+18+14=73) +/-18

Cheers.

will the Fantans be totally moth-balled, or will we donate/sell them to friendly countries like Nigeria or Bangladesh Air Force?

roughly how much service life is left on them?

1357546.jpg

81-0911 / 84713 (cn 5G-13) On the landing roll after complete a test flight. Ex USAF 81-0911, this F16A along with another one (F16B 82603) stayed at Lajes for 4 months and 3 days due some problems on the 82603 F16B engine. They were even coded 'L J'-Lajes on the tail in the third month as a ground crew joke!!! The 2 F16s have already leave Lajes inbound to the United States were they will serve as prototypes for the Pakistan Air Force F-16 MLU Program.

its happen long ago in 2008,i think these two might have done with MLU now.

will the Fantans be totally moth-balled, or will we donate/sell them to friendly countries like Nigeria or Bangladesh Air Force?

roughly how much service life is left on them?

As per my knowledge no one has shown interest in the Fantans as most of our friends are very rich(arabs) who can afford fancy toys to show off in air shows and the poor ones don't have the money nor the expertise to maintain such an old AC, which PAF has done beautifully.

Though they will look great at fortress(lhr), Committe chowk(rwp), boat basin(khi) and few more, they have served our country well and the masses should know that F-16 is not the only plane we have :D

The 2 F16s have already leave Lajes inbound to the United States were they will serve as prototypes for the Pakistan Air Force F-16 MLU Program.

its happen long ago in 2008,i think these two might have done with MLU now.

The two ACs you are talking about are from the Peace gate III/IV.
I'm sure that we will receive one of them in Dec 2011, not sure about the other one.

The two ACs you are talking about are from the Peace gate III/IV.
I'm sure that we will receive one of them in Dec 2011, not sure about the other one.

yup ur right,we will inshallah receive both after MLU cuz Pakistan getting all embargoed f 16 which were made and send to bone yard.
but i raised my point here for the news published in 2008 with picture and its 2010 now.i think these two would have been completely upgraded now.
any senior member can resolve this.:)

yup ur right,we will inshallah receive both after MLU cuz Pakistan getting all embargoed f 16 which were made and send to bone yard.
but i raised my point here for the news published in 2008 with picture and its 2010 now.i think these two would have been completely upgraded now.
any senior member can resolve this.:)

F-16 is indeed vary potent fighter cum bomber plane :smitten:

But i read some where that USA is giving Block-52 to Pakistan. But Why Pakistan is accepting it because Block-60 is already available in Market. In fact USA is offering India Block-60 with AESA radar!!!!!

I think Pakistan should on accept any thing Less then that:pop:

What do you say guys:coffee:

But i read some where that USA is giving Block-52 to Pakistan. But Why Pakistan is accepting it because Block-60 is already available in Market. In fact USA is offering India Block-60 with AESA radar!!!!!

Dear sir Block 60 is very very expensive and simply we cant afford it in greater numbers.

The answer is Block52+ and Thunders + J-10B.

That is all we can afford to have at this stage and we will continue relying upon our home grown tactics and higer pilot Skills.

We guys say that you should go through some previous pages of this thread and some other threads in this forum and you will get your answer.

Dear sir Block 60 is very very expensive and simply we cant afford it in greater numbers.

The answer is Block52+ and Thunders + J-10B.

That is all we can afford to have at this stage and we will continue relying upon our home grown tactics and higer pilot Skills.

Dear friend,

Yes F-16 block-60 is expensive. and it's expense due to AESA radar, Vary advance avionics( Close to 5th generation fighter),RAM usages and many more advancement.

If you are purchasing J-10 then it's going to cost equal in new Logistics, Pilot traineeings, new facilitys and many more things........:undecided:

Instead you could purchase vary potent F-16 Block 60 which can counter India Su-30MKI(270 in near future and all are with new avionics and AESA radar & with RAM) !!!!!!:police:

China will give you Limited TOT on J-10. and no one will argue with me on that F-16 Block -60 is WAY WAY WAY better Fighter then J-10:cool:

India is operating 4.5 Generation fighter form Decade or so but Pakistan only have 4th generation fighter(F-16 Block -52) now.

* India is moving with 5th generation fighter (PAKFA-250 in future)

* 4.5 th generation Fighters(Su 30mki - 270 , MMRCA-200 , LCA Block-2 - 200)

* 4 th generation fighter (LCA -40 , MIG-29 SMT-100 , Mirage-2000 - 60)

Come on guys you can see form above examples that now pakistan also have to start towards some quality stuff the quantity..... (in fact in quantity india is ahead of pakistan in every military weapons):coffee:

Mr. Cool

Just a little suggestion for you as you seem to be jumping throughout the forum. If you do some research on this forum, you will find many threads and posts discussing these very matters that you have posted on various threads. Please, do us all this favor as it will increase your awareness and save precious bandwidth.

Regards

Mr. Cool

Just a little suggestion for you as you seem to be jumping throughout the forum. If you do some research on this forum, you will find many threads and posts discussing these very matters that you have posted on various threads. Please, do us all this favor as it will increase your awareness and save precious bandwidth.

Regards

I I Major:angel:

A5 will be gone by the end of this year or mid of next year.....would be replaced with 40-45 JF-17's Block I.

F-7 will be gone by the end of year 2013 or mid 2014 .....would be replaced with 100 JF-17's Block II.

Mirage III/V/ROSE will be gone by the end of year 2014 or mid 2015 .....would be replaced with few dozen JF-17's Block II and few dozen J-10B.

F-16 will remain. old 46 will be upgraded to BLock 52.
New 18 + 14 + 18 Block 52 will join PAF from June 2010 to Dec 2012.

I am a little confused with your numbers....

40-45 JF17 Block I by next year
100 JF17 Block II by 2013 or 2014
Another few Dozen JF17 Block II by 2014-2015

So we are saying that by 2015 PA will field around 180 JF17(Block I and II) in next 5 years??? This means 30-36 planes an year...You must be kidding.....

I am a little confused with your numbers....

40-45 JF17 Block I by next year
100 JF17 Block II by 2013 or 2014
Another few Dozen JF17 Block II by 2014-2015

So we are saying that by 2015 PA will field around 180 JF17(Block I and II) in next 5 years??? This means 30-36 planes an year...You must be kidding.....

Well nothing can said with certainty but Pakistan will increase its production capacity to 25-30 by 2011.Other than that China will also manufacture JF-17's for Pakistan and if China is able to deliever 15 aircrafts a year and Pakistan can produce 15-20 aircrafts locally then 30-35 aircraft target is not unachievable.

My analysis goes as follows
first 50 by 2011
next hundred by 2015
and by 2016-2017 we may have around 200 JF-17's

please watch the video of ex-acm's interview

sorry mods, for being off topic

Back
Top Bottom