What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The delivery dates were published back in 2008. I am surprised that people are surprised when they hear the dates.

PAF F-16D block 52 #10801 spotted on final approach into NAS Fort Worth on November 6th, 2009.

no CFT yet!

picture snapped in Kamra or at TAI facility at Ankara?

To me it looks like Photoshopped because MLU is starting on 24 october 2010 and will complete in 46 months.

Also Vipers are being upgraded to Block 52 standard so Air frame changes would be made(if i am not wrong) and they will look like our newer C/D vipers.:tup:

To me it looks like Photoshopped because MLU is starting on 24 october 2010 and will complete in 46 months.

Also Vipers are being upgraded to Block 52 standard so Air frame changes would be made(if i am not wrong) and they will look like our newer C/D vipers.:tup:

FYI, An initial batch of 4 F16s from PAF has been undergoing MLU upgrades/retrofits in USA for the last year or so.

Please Do tell if this picture is a photoshop, otherwise i was having a heart-attack from joy. Please tell me this is not photoshop.

Regards,
Sapper

1.)

It was MY understanding that they would initially be upgraded in Ankara TAI facilities, with follow-on upgrades @ Kamra facility. On the other hand, some people are saying that initial upgradation would be carried out by Lockheed Martin @ Fort Worth, with follow-up MLU kits to be carried out by TAI.

As far as I know, Pakistan is having "Trial Verification Installation" aircrafts (4 in total) which is part of the MLU program. Pakistan is procuring Falcon STAR structural upgrade kits for the thirty-two original F-16A/B aircraft and thirty-five MLU avionics upgrade kits for the current fleet (including three of the recently transferred EDA aircraft). There is an option on the contract to procure eleven additional MLU avionics upgrade kits for the remaining eleven aircraft. Pakistan has not yet exercised this option, but plans to do so at future date.

(source --> http://foreignaffairs.house.gov/110/wie091608.pdf)

We had 14 F-16 (C block 30?) delivered to Pakistan by US which arrived August 2008. Are they to be included in this MLU deal? I have asked this question many times, nobody could tell me.

2.)

I would also request somebody to ascertain the validity of this picture.

3.)

on a side note, it is to my knowledge that Turkish Aerospace industries (under license by Lockheed-Martin) performed MLU of 17 (?) Block15 F-16 belonging to Jordanian Air Force. Upgrade/MLU kits and airframe work carried out under license of LM.

What is the "feedback" from them (Jordanians)? Was it an identical MLU package to what PAF is getting???

i.e.

* APG-68(V)9 with Synthetic Aperture Radar or the APG-66(V)2 radar;
* Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (JHMCS);
* AN/APX-113 Advanced Identification Friend or Foe Systems;
* AN/ALE-47 Advanced Countermeasures Dispenser Systems;
* Have Quick I/II Radios;
* Link-16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System-Low Volume Terminals (MIDS-LVT);
* SNIPER (formerly known as AN/AAQ-33 PANTERA) targeting pod capability;
* Reconnaissance pod capability;
* Advanced Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation Units (for training);

MDE included in the MLU modification and structural upgrade kits;

* 21 ALQ-131 Block II Electronic Countermeasures Pods without the Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM); or ALQ-184 Electronic Countermeasures Pods without DRFM;
* 60 ALQ-213 Electronic Warfare Management Systems;
* 1 Unit Level Trainer;
* 10 APG-68(V)9 spare radar sets.

(apart from initial structural work which entails replacement of structural
components in the F-16 required to return the A/B airframe to a structural life
of 8,000 spectrum hours)

any info would be oh-so-appreciated

Last edited:
Egypt deal extends F-16 line into 2013
By Stephen Trimble

Lockheed Martin has secured a key order as it seeks to extend F-16 production long enough to stay in the competition for a massive order by the Indian air force.

An agreement between the governments of Egypt and the USA on the sale of 20 F-16 Block 50/52s will likely extend production into 2013.

Lockheed confirms the agreement under the foreign military sale (FMS) process was signed on 24 December. The US government is likely to sign a contract with Lockheed shortly to build the F-16s.

Egypt's current inventory of about 220 F-16s is mostly powered by General Electric F110 engines. But a notice published by the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) in October indicates Egypt is considering both the Block 50's F110-129 and the Block 52's Pratt & Whitney F100-229.

© US Air Force
An Egyptian air force F-16C flies in formation with a US Air Force KC-135 tanker

The DSCA notice, which informed Congress of the potential sale, indicated Egypt could order as many as 24 F-16s. However, a Lockheed executive in November told Flightglobal.com the deal would be for only 20.

The sale also could include conformal fuel tanks, advanced targeting pods made by Lockheed or Northrop Grumman, the Northrop APG-68(V)9 radar and ITT ALQ-211 advanced integrated defensive electronic warfare systems (AIDEWS).

The pending contract from Egypt adds to a recent spike in F-16 sales after a two-year slowdown. Lockheed plans to deliver only 20 F-16s in 2010 and 2011, but as many as 40 in 2012. Deliveries in 2012 will include 24 signed by Morocco in early December, the remainder of Turkey's order for 30 and a portion of Egypt's backlog.

Lockheed executives have also noted that smaller orders for F-16s are in discussions with Greece, Iraq, Oman and Qatar.

But the long-term future of Lockheed's F-16 production line depends on India's competition for the medium multi-role combat aircraft contract for at least 126 fighters. Lockheed has proposed the F-16IN, a version similar to the United Arab Emirates' Block 60.

Lockheed receives F-16 contract for Morocco
By Stephen Trimble

Lockheed Martin has been awarded a nearly $841.9 million contract by the US government to deliver 24 F-16 Block 52 fighters under a previously announced deal with Morocco.

The US Air Force is processing the contract on behalf of Morocco within the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) process.

The amount of the contract award shows that Morocco is paying $35 million per F-16 Block 52, which includes advanced countermeasures, electronic warfare and support equipment.

It is not clear if the award also includes the Pratt & Whitney F100-229 engines or air-launched weapons. According to a press release in 2007 by the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, the full value of the deal could rise to $2.4 billion.

Lockheed won the contract in 2007 after a presumed deal for the Dassault Rafale fell apart reportedly over conflicting messages between the French government and the manufacturer.

1.)
We had 14 F-16 (C block 30?) delivered to Pakistan by US which arrived August 2008. Are they to be included in this MLU deal? I have asked this question many times, nobody could tell me.

Out of the 14 birds we have received 12 so far under EDA and will receive 2 more in 2011 after it undergoes MLU.
Now all the F-16's in our inventory will undergo MLU other then the new block 52s.

http://www.dsca.mil/PressReleases/by-date/2008/071608%20US_Delivers_EDA_Jets_to_Pakistan.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/pakistan/f-16.htm

4 birds are at HillAFB, Utah undergoing what is called a 'pattern' MLU. then the MLU for the rest of the birds will start in oct-2010 following the 'pattern' MLUed F-16s. so the above pic could be real!!!

Back
Top Bottom