What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

What if APG-68 is switched off and SNIPER is used to target an aircraft with AMRAAM ? 8-)
Technicalities apart, how will you find the target flying at beyond visual range with the SNIPER ?

Technicalities apart, how will you find the target flying at beyond visual range with the SNIPER ?
A bit of possibility ?

F16.jpg

Pakistan should ask Turkey to upgrade PAF 57 "older" F-16 to block 52+ standard.

Pakistan should ask Turkey to upgrade PAF 57 "older" F-16 to block 52+ standard.
According to cobfirmed open sources, 43 of the Block 15s which PAF have already been upgraded capability wise to block52 standard. The radar and pods used are the same. They lack the additional HPs and CFTs.
The Jordanian block 15s are ADF versions and capability wise less than PAF'S BL15s.
I think the oulays are such that PAF would not want to convert all of their block 15s to 52 standard even if it could be done.
So in short barring the Jordanian planes our fleet is upgraded appropriately.
A

They cannot do that without US permission either.

Not sure where u are getting your info but all older block 15 are Mlued and equivalent to block 52 level minus the last batch of Jordanian f-16 which are block 15 plus or adv variant so bvr capable and day light ground attack capable

They cannot do that without US permission either.
According to cobfirmed open sources, 43 of the Block 15s which PAF have already been upgraded capability wise to block52 standard. The radar and pods used are the same. They lack the additional HPs and CFTs.
The Jordanian block 15s are ADF versions and capability wise less than PAF'S BL15s.
I think the oulays are such that PAF would not want to convert all of their block 15s to 52 standard even if it could be done.
So in short barring the Jordanian planes our fleet is upgraded appropriately.
A
Not sure where u are getting your info but all older block 15 are Mlued and equivalent to block 52 level minus the last batch of Jordanian f-16 which are block 15 plus or adv variant so bvr capable and day light ground attack capable
I am aware of the upgrades. Pakistan purchased the MLU M3 Tape kits (63 of them) and radars for these itself before these were sent to Turkey. These F-16s also got structural upgrades
I’m not “getting my info” from anywhere as there was nothing that needed a source. What I said was correct. They cannot upgrade anything without US permission (at least not for a foreign customer). These upgrades happened with US permission.
Pakistan wanted to get ToT and do them locally but was denied permission.

Is SNIPER IRST capable? That doesn't look like Sniper in the picture you posted.

Also as per my understanding, IRST is only used with sidewinders as the whole objective is to locate and target Stealth aircrafts that cannot be targeted via radar missiles such as aim120..

When you lock a target from the radar you can then see it on the MFD via TGP feed..like the pictures you posted

@Signalian A bit of technical side, you might be able to locate the target via Datalink, bull's-eye coordinates , bore sight, IRST , buddy, awacs or ground radars but at the end of the day you need a radar to fire the weapon be it your own radar or from support, you cannot take out the target without the use of radar ( be it directly or indirectly ) until the weapon goes pitbull. Radar will be involved one way or another unless its a WVR fight... that's my understanding..

I am not talking about AG operations here of course..

Also dont forget, if you turn off your radar you wont be able to see the other guy as well.. yes your buddies can help you but in a battle things aren't that simple. Turning off your radar can only help you against a SAM and that too in certain scenarios only.

If you would become invisible by just turning off your radar then combat aviation would be a totally different thing..

Is it easy to find target with the pod without using radar?

If the target is aerial and obviously moving then no its not easy or dare I say possible to locate it without a direct or indirect radar feed, you can try the coordinates ( if from awacs But then radar is involved ) and if from ground units then by the time they give you the coordinates the enemy Aircraft would have changed its coordinates with respect to bullseye..you can only locate it via coordinates if the target is static OR you are in IAF, then you can be lucky enough to locate it via TGP feed only..

Back
Top Bottom