What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

APG 66

Now as far as the range goes... there are different modes on the radar

Six Air-to-Air modes

Look-down (25-35nm)
look- up (30-40nm)
four Air combat maneuvering (ACM) modes (search and track, track while scan, automatic tracking, and air combat search)

Two Air-to-Ground modes & Two Air to Sea modes

Primary air-combat mode is look-down. In that mode, the APG-66 can detect a fighter-size plane at a range of 34.5 Nautical miles (55.6 kilometers). Four modes are available in air-to-air combat. In dogfight mode, the radar scans a 20 degrees x 20 degrees field. In high-g maneuvers, it scans a 40 degrees x10 degrees pattern.

so it means in current status it can't fired SD-10
am i right?

yes! for F16 we are hoping to get the AMRAAM 120 C5 where as the SD10 are for JF17z and may be FC20z!

regards!

could not resist,,, sorry if it is a repeatation!!!!

2a19e9c6a558366d39a1d93d7cf76697.jpg

30a91b5f999dde99c4a494831a1ee5ee.jpg

regards!

Attachments

• 2a19e9c6a558366d39a1d93d7cf76697.jpg
    2a19e9c6a558366d39a1d93d7cf76697.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 11
JF-17 Radar "KLJ-7 Radar" is far batter then APG 66.

Radar Modes

Range While Search (RWS)
Velocity Search (VS)
Single Target Track (STT)
Track While Scan (TWS)
Dual Target Track (DTT)
Situational Awareness Mode (SAM)
Air Combat Mode (ACM)(with five sub-modes)
Real Beam Map (RBM)
Doppler Beam Sharpening (DBS)
Ground Moving Target Indication/Ground Moving Target Track (GMTI/GMTT)
Air to Ground Ranging (AGR)
Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)
Sea Single Target Track (SSTT)
Beacon (BCN)

Look-up: ≥105 km (for RCS of 5 m2)
Look-down: ≥85 km (for RCS of 5 m2)
Total targets tracked: 10 in TWS (Track-While-Scan) mode

The KLJ-7 has multiple modes, both beyond-visual-range (BVR) and close-in air-to-air modes, ground surveillance modes and a robust anti-jamming capability. The radar can reportedly manage up to 40 targets, monitor up to 10 of them in track-while-scan (TWS) mode and simultaneously fire on two BVR targets.[2] The detection range for targets with a radar cross-section of 5 square meters is stated to be ≥105 km (≥85 km in look-down mode). Surface sea targets can be detected at up to 135 km

JF-17's radar is not KLJ-7 anymore, its now better then the original specifications printed about 4-5 years ago.

not KLJ-7?? then what is it? can you please specify? :what:

Type is not known as for now, some rumors say it may be KLJ-10/JL-10A, as after the evolution stage of JF-17, the nose of the JF-17 got changed & became larger then before, meaning it can house a bigger antenna of a radar.

Type will be known sometime later, but the capabilities overall are much improved over the original one.

Type is not known as for now, some rumors say it may be KLJ-10/JL-10A, as after the evolution stage of JF-17, the nose of the JF-17 got changed & became larger then before, meaning it can house a bigger antenna of a radar.

Type will be known sometime later, but the capabilities overall are much improved over the original one.

what happened to the Grifo S-7 ?

not KLJ-7?? then what is it? can you please specify? :what:

Bro, I think no one will able to answer u with 100% authenticity as PAC/CAC have delink development of avionics for Thunders from its Airframe developments. One aim was to keep it on fast track and other thing which came as a french benefit along with this was "secrecy about radar" ... But one thing is sure whatever it is it is not KLJ-7 anymore.

I believe we may see an AESA radar from the manufacturer of Grifo radar in future if they wish to keep the Pakistani market as China is also improving its products and pitching it against western options.

yes! for F16 we are hoping to get the AMRAAM 120 C5 where as the SD10 are for JF17z and may be FC20z!

regards!

arslan i have known that TUSAS has won the tender to MLUed our falcons please
after being MLUed does our falcons are going to be able to fire BVR
missile air to air missile
or will they also be fitted with new radars

The F-16s will be upgraded to near Block 52 standards in almost all departments except engine, fuel capacity and max payload (or Gross Take-off Weight GTOW). This means that yes, they will be BVR capable, and yes, they will be getting the new APG-68 Radars.

Here are all the details. The credit for this goes to blain2:
The MLU upgrade kits will include: APG-68(V)9 radar; Embedded GPS/INS (EGI); Link-16 data link; APX-113 Advanced Identify Friend or Foe (AIFF); Color Cockpit with Color Moving Map; ALQ-211(V)9 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) Pod; Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) Cockpit and External Lighting; Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod; Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS); Reconnaissance Pod capability; improved avionics systems; JDAM capability; EGBU capability; AIM-120 AMRAAM capability; and AGM-84 Harpoon capability. While many of the avionics systems and capabilities are common with the new Block 52s and the MLU, some significant differences remain between the MLU F-16 Block 15s and the new PAF Block 52s: there are no improvements to the Block 15s mission range and loiter time; there are no engine improvements; and, there are no improvements to payload capacity. Overall, the MLU program will extend the service life of Pakistan’s original F-16 aircraft and very significantly increase the capability of the Pakistan Air Force to conduct Close Air Support and night precision attack missions. I would like to highlight that in parallel with the significant improvement in weapon accuracy gained by precision guided munitions like JDAM, there is the potential to dramatically reduce collateral damage and civilian casualties.

Overall, in terms of sheer capability and parity with the IAF, 45 MLU F-16 Block-15s will do us a lot more good than 18 F-16 Block 52s. Combined, they will be very potent indeed. Enhanced by an additional squadron or two of FC-20s (which is, for all intents, a formidable paper plane right now, but a paper plane nonetheless) and backed up by the JF-17 in large numbers, it looks like Pakistan will, after a very long time, finally achieve an Air Force she deserves.

Last edited:
The F-16s will be upgraded to near Block 52 standards in almost all departments except engine, fuel capacity and max payload (or Gross Take-off Weight GTOW). This means that yes, they will be BVR capable, and yes, they will be getting the new APG-68 Radars.

Here are all the details. The credit for this goes to blain2:

Overall, in terms of sheer capability and parity with the IAF, 45 MLU F-16 Block-15s will do us a lot more good than 18 F-16 Block 52s. Combined, they will be very potent indeed. Enhanced by an additional squadron or two of FC-20s (which is, for all intents, a formidable paper plane right now, but a paper plane nonetheless) and backed up by the JF-17 in large numbers, it looks like Pakistan will, after a very long time, finally achieve an Air Force she deserves.
thanks a lot for your information "ace"​

well the Grifo S7 were never there for the first block planes, moreover keeping in view the pace at which PAF wants to induct the planes i dont think it will be there even in blk II. as far as i am concerned and my discussion with one of my friends who is an aeronautical engg is concerned i have concluded that the european touch might only be introduced in or even after blk 3 aircrafts.

regards!

well brother i guess PAFAce have said it all..
i totally agree!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom