What's new

Pakistan discusses Su-35, S-400, T-90 MBT purchase with Russia.

Following points should be considered in the upcoming SU35 deal:-

1. Stealth coating to reduce frontal RCS.

2. Assembling facility in Pakistan

3. Engine overhaul facility

4. Active electronically-scanned array (AESA) radar

5. Thales TopOwl-F helmet-mounted display and sight (HMD/S) system

6. Integration of Marlin and Darter missiles.
Counting your chicken before they hatch?

It's not ToT. Remember: Pakistan is almost certainly looking for a loan to back a purchase (just as it had sought loans from Turkey, Sweden and China for various arms). That'll take years to negotiate as well. Not only will the Russians need to see Pakistan stick to a payment schedule, but because the Russians are at risk of losing much more from India, they'll need to see how Pakistan can make it worth their while.
Is it possible that China will base 2 squadron of SU35s in Gwadar for naval security and Pakistan will get the protection without even buying it?

@Basel @wanglaokan

Is it possible that China will base 2 squadron of SU35s in Gwadar for naval security and Pakistan will get the protection without even buying it?

@Basel @wanglaokan
I think it's not possible my brother, Pakistan is a sovereign country with very strong defence ability. But we are ready to extend Pakistan any help when push come to shove.

China navy will frequently visit and dock Pakistan's port as always.

Now Russia is opening their arms to Pakistan, you might send RFQ to them for anything you want.

Whether they will offer you is a problem, you can keep trying it. Who will say no to money?
India is looking for more French and American weapon.

The problem is India doesn't trust USA either, they just try to be on the fence.

why Su35s why not chinese stealth J-20?
J-20 should be more advanced as per chinese than su35s. Gwadar is so much important to chinese they will even send 4 squadrons of j-20 because as we all know CPEC is a game changer.

why Su35s why not chinese stealth J-20?
J-20 should be more advanced as per chinese than su35s. Gwadar is so much important to chinese they will even send 4 squadrons of j-20 because as we all know CPEC is a game changer.
J20 will easily fly from Base in Xingjiang to South tip of Pakistan, with four fuel tanks it 's range can reach to 6000KM, with 2000KM combat radius.

After J20 face Su35 in the excercise drill, PLAAF decided to expand J20's production rate as many as we can.

Although Su35 has very strong manuverabity, but it get shot down many times before it can find J20.

The front RCS of J20 is around 0.05, while Su57 is 0.4. Not to mention Su35.

We shall resold those Su35 to Pakistan if Russia has no problem of it.

Su35 is definitely a benchmark which let us know where J20 stands. A huge success for all Chinese and its ally.

But I can make sure one thing: Su35 can deal with Rafale.

If J20 development fails, PLAAF will be annihilated by USAAF's F35 and F22 combo. God bless China.

At some day, I finally understand why USA stops F22's production at less than 200 hundreds. It's no hype, it's overkill for all the fighters back that time.

The pressure we face at the east front is super big, as all Japan/Korea/USA will have flocks of 5th gen fighter in the near future.

I think those workers and engineers in CAC now are working 24 hours a day by shift to churn out J20.

J20 will easily fly from Base in Xingjiang to South tip of Pakistan, with four fuel tanks it 's range can reach to 6000KM, with 2000KM combat radius.

After J20 face Su35 in the excercise drill, PLAAF decided to expand J20's production rate as many as we can.

Although Su35 has very strong manuverabity, but it get shot down many times before it can find J20.

Su35 is definitely a benchmark which let us know where J20 stands. A huge success for all Chinese and its ally.

If J20 development fails, PLAAF will be annihilated by USAAF's F35 and F22 combo. God bless China.

At some day, I finally understand why USA stops F22's production at less than 200 hundreds. It's no hype, it's overkill for all the fighters back that time.

The pressure we face at the east front is super big, as all Japan/Korea/USA will have flocks of 5th gen fighter in the near future.

I think those workers and engineers in CAC now are working 24 hours a day by shift to churn out J20.
Dont waste your time explaining to trolls.

@Basel @wanglaokan

China can do that if they wanted but it will burden them to some extent also will give India and US reason to do deployment near Gawadar, so its better to increase capabilities of Pakistan to handle Arabian Sea while suporting China in Indian ocean.

T-90? I'm not sure it is wise to operate the same tank India has for years.
As for SU-35, it's expensive, I doubt the PAF has funds for this, the economy is in a precarious shape as well.
The S-400 could be a maybe, as funds have been set aside for a long range SAM system for years.
These funds are most likely going to towards HQ 9s.
I doubt we'll have enough of them for S400s

I believe the J-20 and FC-31 are - while great advancements - just the start of China's next-gen fighter work. I see the J-20 especially as more of something closer to a demonstrator and a step towards a much more ambitious CAC program (to rival the European SCAF).

We sold them surplus stingers for them to use against Iraq and we had the 'fundamentalist' Zia Ul Haq as our president at the time. It's not black and white. You would do well to look at everything thats in between.
And we sent them actual trains full of arms and ammunition during the Iran-Iraq war. Perhaps the reason was the Iraqi support to Baloch separatists, in 73 I believe, our forces raided Iraqi embassy in Islamabad and consulate in Karachi and captured thousands of soviet made weapons destined for Baluchistan.

our forces raided Iraqi embassy in Islamabad and consulate in Karachi and captured thousands of soviet made weapons destined for Baluchistan.

That did happen! And this happened when the Balochistan troubles had reached their peak in the 70s.
People don't read their history but Saddam was not exactly a friend. By the time of the 1991 Gulf War he was fully supporting India's claim in Kashmir.

That did happen! And this happened when the Balochistan troubles had reached their peak in the 70s.
People don't read their history but Saddam was not exactly a friend. By the time of the 1991 Gulf War he was fully supporting India's claim in Kashmir.
Yes when bibi traveled to Baghdad in 89, Saddam declined discussing Kashmir and that was a diplomatic snub to Pakistan. The fact of the matter is, barring KSA, Libya and may be Jordan, most of the Arab countries never had a soft spot for Pakistan.

Egypt especially during Farooq and Nasser viewed Pakistan negatively and had a good relationship with Nehru's India. It was only after their banishment from the OIC after camp David accord and Pakistan's role in their re-admission that our relations improved a bit. Same is with the Iraqis, even before Saddam they were supporting Baloch insurgency when we did not have any direct conflict with them at all.

Back
Top Bottom