What's new

Pakistan discusses Su-35, S-400, T-90 MBT purchase with Russia.

only 4 batteries of S-400 was inducted @AUSTERLITZ[/QU
just 4 ? Chinese SAM's are at par with Russia .. and we would be happy enough with HQ-9 if we get them ..

RD-93 was mentioned as example , if Pakistan wants Flankers they can buy it from China by negotiating a NoC from Russia where India can not do Sh!t .. we don't need Chinese Tanks as we have our own project of AK-2 on its way , as for Aircraft we have our JF block3 and Azm ..

No chinese SAMs are on par with S-400.S-300 yes.
Yes,PAF can get flankers but not su-35 as china has to buy them themselves.They can get older flankers.In any case Pak doesnt have money it seems to maintain double engine fighters,otherwise they might have got them earlier.

No chinese SAMs are on par with S-400.S-300 yes.
Yes,PAF can get flankers but not su-35 as china has to buy them themselves.They can get older flankers.In any case Pak doesnt have money it seems to maintain double engine fighters,otherwise they might have got them earlier.
Pakistan will not buy any Russian jet since we do not have maintenance felicities, trained staff plus Russian jet are very good but their maintenance is very costly and spares are very sub standard.

None of the above can Pakistan really buy due to high maintenance cost

If PAF buys modernized SU-35 would actually be one of the great purchases. New platform, new techniques, new weapons, new knowledge. It will give the much needed technical enhancement in PAC industry and overall fill the gap of a long range strategic fighter.

With SU-35 induction, Rd-93, and other aviation design items will relatively easily come to Pakistan from Russia.

Our whole western-Chinese LLR network is prone to jamming.

If PAF buys Su35 we can get 24/36 fighters in 1 Billion $ where as EF would cost 2 billion $ to get a sizable fleet of 24/36.

Last edited:
If PAF buys modernized SU-35 would actually be one of the great purchases. New platform, new techniques, new weapons, new knowledge. It will give the much needed technical enhancement in PAC industry and overall fill the gap of a long range strategic fighter.

With SU-35 induction, Rd-93, and other aviation design items will relatively easily come to Pakistan from Russia.

Our whole western-Chinese LLR network is prone to jamming.

If PAF buys Su35 we can get 24/36 fighters in 1 Billion $ where as EF would cost 2 billion $ to get a sizable fleet of 24/36.
EF would cost 8 to 10$ billion...

If India buys the F-18(which apparently the US is pushing), only then does the Su-35 become a possibility.

yes we can afford, billions saved from not buying extra F-16s, we can utilize that allocated amount here with purchase of Su35, S-400 and T-90s.
I don't think so...s-400 is 6 billion dollars for just 4 batteries...
su-35 costs approx 70 million dollars including all weaponry...
t-90 may be we can but...I don't think it would be wise to buy it...
With such huge account deficit and loans....I won't recommend...
we should stick with Turkish and Chinese arms only...

How did you calculate that?

yes we can afford, billions saved from not buying extra F-16s, we can utilize that allocated amount here with purchase of Su35, S-400 and T-90s.
just check the recent deal of EF for the same number you mentioned...

I don't think so...s-400 is 6 billion dollars for just 4 batteries...
su-35 costs approx 70 million dollars including all weaponry...
t-90 may be we can but...I don't think it would be wise to buy it...
With such huge account deficit and loans....I won't recommend...
we should stick with Turkish and Chinese arms only...

S-400 price actually - Unit cost $400 million per fire unit (artillery battalion) that consists of 8 launchers, 112 missiles, command and support vehicles.

Su-35 is $40m to $65m per aircraft with all weapons and accessories and for 12 Su35s that would cost $700m, which is reasonable.

Problem with Russian supplies is that they hike prices midway, spares support is inadequate and deliveries are not on schedule

S-400 price actually - Unit cost $400 million per fire unit (artillery battalion) that consists of 8 launchers, 112 missiles, command and support vehicles.

Su-35 is $40m to $65m per aircraft with all weapons and accessories and for 12 Su35s that would cost $700m, which is reasonable.

Problem with Russian supplies is that they hike prices midway, spares support is inadequate and deliveries are not on schedule
I don't think so....you are talking about marketed prices …
not the actual bought ones....
payments are made in dolars usually...with the deficit we have , we wont be able to pay...
still I don't think we can afford it....

Su-35 is the mother of all Flanker series. If the chinese variants were so capable why would have china bought 24 Su-35. The Radar capability of 35 is awesome. It has a range if 250km. With on board superior sensors and capability to lock 4 targets at a time is the major advantage. It's not only air superiority fighter a Maritime strike and land attack as well. A true multi role

Su35 indeed is a true multi-role. Chinese Flankers are not upto mark yet, Su35 is a dangerous aircraft.

Imran Khan govt has to allocate money for this purchase, atleast 12 fighters.

PAF's need the ability to strike deep into India's territory. It's an offensive weapon.

Back
Top Bottom