What's new

Pakistan discusses Su-35, S-400, T-90 MBT purchase with Russia.

IMO there's no Pakistani posturing. It's a lot simpler than that ... in 2016, IHS Jane's said the PAF had a requirement of 30-40 twin-engine fighters for deep-strike and to shore-up its maritime operations assets.

The mainstay - esp. in the strike-role - are the 50-60-year old Mirage ROSE. They're fine assets, but they're old and aren't getting cheaper to keep them in the air, especially at the level that's likely required to sustain frequent strikes w/SOWs and ALCMs.

Ultimately, this will be resolved with Project Azm/FGF, but realistically, it is far from a near-term factor. So the PAF will need to induct something through the 2020s to take the load off the Mirages.
I do concur there is a need for deep strike; but i dont believe this will materialise unless something changes between India and Russia. There is too much for Russia to lose in terms of what India can pay for vs Pak.

you forget im a Papee Pakhandee & Paleed Short dark Evil yaindoo baniya indian i will eat what i like and i will suggest what i wish ... jo ukhar na hai ukhar ke dikha ;) :D :haha:
Bhai apne to keh kar le li @BATMAN ki
I hope he will not call UN for this

Why do they want inferior T-90 when mighty al khalid is available?:coffee:

India has investment in Su57, so it's not on the shelf.

Since PAF starts AZM projects, it means they won't buy stealthy fighter off the shelf. The su35 can be taken as a stop gap to deal the Rafale IAF inducts.

We have a agreement with Russia that we can't sell Chinese Flanker derivatives to the third party. What a pity!

Or Russians will be mad at us.

The truth is they already mad at us.
India did invested in PAKFA but SU57 is Russian variant however India seems not very keen to invest any further and thinking to get out of the project.
China maynot be able to sell Flankers due to any agreement with the Russians but can sell its own developed avionics, radar and other equipment which is being used in various Flankers..

India did invested in PAKFA but SU57 is Russian variant however India seems not very keen to invest any further and thinking to get out of the project.
China maynot be able to sell Flankers due to any agreement with the Russians but can sell its own developed avionics, radar and other equipment which is being used in various Flankers..
Have you ever thought about why IAF wanna reduce their order numbers on Su57?

Have you ever thought about why IAF wanna reduce their order numbers on Su57?
what i have read in various blogs and news is that they are not happy with the development and their share in it. Russia is not exposing its technology to india as per agreement..

Ok go for s-400 bcoz Pakistan need this very badly. But don't forget they are Russians they don't give you any discount like USA & China

we will start with S-400 :) .[/QUOTE]

what i have read in various blogs and news is that they are not happy with the development and their share in it. Russia is not exposing its technology to india as per agreement..
India is disappointed with the product they pay for. All left is milking.

Back
Top Bottom