What's new

Pakistan Declares Public Holidays On Holi, Diwali and Easter

Eloquently put, Sir, but what I find the most disturbing is the continued emphasis on image rather than substance. What good are such public holidays when minorities are never invited over to share a meal in our own homes? Do you know that many of the cleaning staff in homes across the country is Christian who live in their own ghettos, even in Islamabad, and most home have separate utensils for them to use? Need I go on?

Strange! Because I have shared food many times with them. Dine together on the same table. No problem. Yes, there are some people who wouldn't do it and this needs to be worked on. This would happen in almost every multi ethnic and multi religious country with a varying degree of severity. Try having a beef steak on a dinner table in UP India!

They wanted United India ..................
no actually what I originally asked....do their name appear in your syllabus or history lessons ? is younger generation Pakistan aware who were those people?

well, I'm kinda agree and disagree with this move, are we getting national holiday on Eids in non Muslim countries? ( don't mention India )!
what is in my knowledge the majority of us get a day off for Eid etc from annual leave or no pay holiday. If there is a poll on this topic I'm not goona Yes neither No^ - ^

Guyana, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania and many more countries where Muslims are a minority, Eid is a public holiday. If you are referring to Western countries then the reason for that is because Muslims are recent immigrants and not natives or an assimilated group to the region.

If cities like Karachi can get shut every other day because of this procession and that protest so can these holidays be announced as public holidays. Pakistanio nay 3 din may koi teer nahi mar lainay by the way. This is fair and nothing stupid about it, even a bit of relief to Muslim majority that sits late in offices because their bosses won't let them go on time.
Two wrongs dont make one right......

Two wrongs dont make one right......

Minorities do suffer because of this that is a fact............................... and many private sector employees (normally lower tier) be it Muslims or non Muslims sit late (after office hours) in offices without any compensation that is also a fact. And its more of a case of being just rather than trying to pose as if we are a hardworking Nation and cannot afford holidays like these. If Islamabad can get shut for useless sit-ins for weeks than what is harm in having holidays for minorities?

Good initiative.. Technically considering the horror our economy is in and how its trying to get back up, we should be working on Sundays and EID. However keeping that aside this is a great initiative. Yes ita out of the box but it actually integrates the minorities with the majorities and helps place the people and the govt on the path towards equal measure for minorities.

I am actually surprised with this great move by the government, i cant believe i am saying this but Pakistan might actually have progressed mentally

no actually what I originally asked....do their name appear in your syllabus or history lessons ? is younger generation Pakistan aware who were those people?
No..............I think there is no need to know about them they are heroes for their respected nation but not for us

72345_476571529202730_3788034771159970781_n.jpg

A welcome step, But I hope more concrete and practical steps are taken for their protection from the barbaric Blasphemy law and genocidal mullah mobs.
real breakthrough will come when Pakistani constitution is made secular.

Strange! Because I have shared food many times with them. Dine together on the same table. No problem. Yes, there are some people who wouldn't do it and this needs to be worked on. This would happen in almost every multi ethnic and multi religious country with a varying degree of severity. Try having a beef steak on a dinner table in UP India!
I have been told by christians that the lower classes and the village type areas have more discrimination. I also have no problem eating from the same table with them and in hospital I have seen Muslim nurses eating with Christian/Hindu ones. The problems exist because of terrorist minded individuals. They kidnap Hindu girls and frame Christians on the basis of blasphemy law. Ahmedis are beaten across the country. I had a friend who was beaten very badly by brainless mullahs even in the safety of Lahore. Mullas were hitting him and no one on the street even came to his rescue.

Zia and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto should be held responsible for the situation in the country today.

Back
Top Bottom