What's new

Pakistan court grants bail to 26/11 accused Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi: Reports

Pakistani Civil Society is too small and constantly under threat. Many of them have publicly denounced this verdict ( If twitter can be considered ). Today they are protesting at Lal-Masjid but their media is not covering it. We can only hope the tribe of rational people in Pakistan grows. But unless that happens, only solution ( lesser evil ) seems to be military.
I've heard this notion that India's best hope of peace with Pakistan is nursing and promoting Pakistan's civli society and for a while I had subscribed to that but no more. We all know what the status quo is in Pakistan and who maintains it. The Pakistani civli society will not be able to bring about meaningful change on their own.

Things are going to settle after sometime. I don't expect Pakistan changing it's policy regarding India and kashmir. You might go full throttle against TTP but i don't see Pakistan compromising it's "strategic asset"
strategic asset as you call declared war on us after we joined war on terror. yes
Ilyas Kashmiri .. LeT just like TTP dreams that Pakistan and India start a full blown out brutal war where these organisations will take advantage of the carnage and devastation and kill people on both sides
our Policy re Kashmir already changed since Musharraf , something your military and governments acknowledged, but we didnt get similar relief re Baluchistan and BLA ..

(this is the other uncomfortable side of story for you)

until things like this keep happening in pakistan, things like yesterday will keep on happening that too at price of innocent people.

The timing is rather peculiar. I wasnt expecting this to happen at a time like this. Why grant him bail now? This is a message but why? Does Pakistan feel that the recent attack had Indian hand? If so why so secretive. The nation deserves the right to know who facilitated such an attack.

Though i believe this guy was in prison for over 4 years but there was no progress w.r.t evidence from the prosecution and ultimately the court had to grant bail.

strategic asset as you call declared war on us after we joined war on terror. yes
Ilyas Kashmiri .. LeT just like TTP dreams that Pakistan and India start a full blown out brutal war where these organisations will take advantage of the carnage and devastation and kill people on both sides
our Policy re Kashmir already changed since Musharraf , something your military and governments acknowledged, but we didnt get similar relief re Baluchistan and BLA ..

(this is the other uncomfortable side of story for you)
No Indian is crossing border to wage jihad in your country and if you have evidence regarding your allegations about Baluchistan and BLA than expose India on the world platform, we will counter your allegations there until than the consensus will remain that BLA is the outcome of Pakistan's wrongdoings in balochistan.

until than the consensus will remain that BLA is the outcome of Pakistan's wrongdoings in balochistan.
I have same comment about Indian Kashmir. please don't kite me to that circular argument now

that said. I dont justify terrorism against any nation including India. this scumbag should have been punished instead of getting bail

Selective approach by Pakistan....

Good terrorist should not be harmed .... Well done :tup::pakistan:

I've heard this notion that India's best hope of peace with Pakistan is nursing and promoting Pakistan's civli society and for a while I had subscribed to that but no more. We all know what the status quo is in Pakistan and who maintains it. The Pakistani civli society will not be able to bring about meaningful change on their own.

Meaningful change happens when civil society shows some &alls and is not afraid to call a spade a spade.

according to wiki, BLA have an estimated strength of 500 militants

you can not compare these to LeT terrorists

Back
Top Bottom