What's new

Pakistan could take additional Jordanian F-16s

I like the UAE Mirages they are the latest gen ones but not sure they would be on sale

We should collect all of the World's F-16's at cheap prices.

We are the major buyer and the selling countries have two options.

Either sell to Pakistan and make some money to buy newer aircrafts or Put them in the Warehouse to rust away and make Zero dollars. This is a buyers market for Pakistan because there are not that many Buyers on the market who have expertise in F-16's to purchase them in large numbers. Buying in small numbers is not cost efficient because then you have to set up the whole infrastructure to support the F-16 Maintenance. Pakistan is in the enviable position because it already has extensive infrastructure to support old F-16's and we are experts in operating and maintaining these birds.
On the other hand India will go all the way to make sure these birds do not fall into the hands of Pakistan.Just as they did with German surplus Helicopters BO105,that is, *India will pay,let the helicopters rot in warehouse*.

well what about buy some from EU countries ?
No country can sell its F-16 to any other country without the permission of U S A,even if it was bought on cash payment.This is how it works.

Last edited:
If we are counting on getting more MLU kits ... that may or may not materialize based on what the US stance on this whole scenario is going to be. At the moment we have 15 mlu kits to spare. 13 of those could be utilized to upgrade the ex-RJAF ADFs we just got. That would leave 2 to spare for sure.

Whether the US would actually clear the sales of more mlu kits, may not be a done deal.
It is likely they wouldn't mind because that would create demand for new fighter jets else where and promote sales of mlu kits from the US directly. But whether that weighs anything in their greater scheme of things remains to be seen.

Sir, I think you are forgetting one important piece of information.

All F-16 Re-Sale has to be approved by the US.

So it stands to reason that if they Clear the Re-Sale of Used F-16, they may not have a problem with selling the MLU kit.

Last edited:
This was always the plan, ever since PAF pressed on with the F-16's and the J-10 news fell silent, it became obvious PAF will start collecting up F-16's like it did with Mirages.

Don't anticipate any details though, just like the Jordanian F-16 deal, PAF's dealings will show up without warning and abruptly.

On the other hand India will go all the way to make sure these birds do not fall into the hands of Pakistan. Just as they did with German surplus Helicopters BO105,that is, *India will pay,let the helicopters rot in warehouse*.

The used F-16's number in thousands and India has no interest in F-16's.

How many thousands can India buy to simply put in the Warehouse.

Sir, I think you are forgetting one important piece of information.

All F-16 Re-Sale has to be approved by the US.

So it stands to reason that if they Clear the Re-Sale of Used F-16, they may not have a problem with selling the MLU kit.

Yes. A valid point.
In that case an even more contentious question arises.
We do not know in what scheme of things they allowed the sale of the ex-RJAF F-16s. Can we be sure that this permission is a blanket permission for future acquisitions as well? Will we be able to go in a shopping spree for used F-16s? Can this be taken for granted?

Just a query!

Last edited:
77 for PAF
Please, I need a favor. Can you describe the F-16 fleet per model? This way I can send a more accurate information.
If it's possible, please state each plane origin.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. A valid point.
In that case an even more contentious question arises.
We do not know in what scheme of things they allowed the sale of the ex-RJAF F-16s. Can we be sure that this permission is a blanket permission for future acquisitions as well? Will we be to go in a shopping spree for used F-16s? Can this be taken for granted?

Just a query!

I seriously doubt there is such a thing as a " Blanket Approval "

More than likely , these would be dealt with item by item.

For instance, the request for the 13 Jordanian F-16 was approved collectively.

Any other Purchases will have to be approved as well.

The used F-16's number in thousands and India has no interest in F-16's.

How many thousands can India buy to simply put in the Warehouse.
The point was,India will use its fiscal clouts and strategical muscles to make sure Pakistan does not get more than what they (India) wish or delay the delivery as long as possible,just as they managed in Bush Era,or Thales for avionics or Russians for RD 33 . In the end its the American who will decide quantity,quality and time of delivery,thousands of F-16 or not.

Please, I need a favor. Can you describe the F-16 fleet per model? This way I can send a more accurate information.
If it's possible, please state each plane origin.

Thanks in advance.

32+14+13 (recent addition from Jardon) all blk-15 origin USA. = 59
from original 46 (32+14) some of them have received MLU but exact numbers is not known publicly, it is expected that13 new addition will also received MUL upgradation, which will bring entire fleet of PAF F-16 equivalent to blk 52 , other than this PAF operate 18 blk 52+ origin USA

plz read a recent post of @Munir (TT)

As far as I know the official numbers are half of the older block15 are now MLU block 52 except engine/CFT. The rest is almost same (I am pretty sure there are parts that are not the same...). Those that are upgraded are all in airfield as the b52+.

Last edited:
Im not happy with this. Dr Afridi is going it seems.

That is probably one of the issues. But tell me... I am positive about how far the USA goes to help the ones that helped them. And after all OBL gone is not that bad, is it? We are getting big number of casualties thanks to others... How correct he might be about muslims being suppressed by others, I am not supporter in any way of destruction of anyone or anything at any side.

That is probably one of the issues. But tell me... I am positive about how far the USA goes to help the ones that helped them. And after all OBL gone is not that bad, is it? We are getting big number of casualties thanks to others... How correct he might be about muslims being suppressed by others, I am not supporter in any way of destruction of anyone or anything at any side.
The thing is that even after learning so much from last 10 years we r still hoping for help from unreliable foreign countries.

The thing is that even after learning so much from last 10 years we r still hoping for help from unreliable foreign countries.
You are misssing the most important part...

Politics are dirty. Everywhere. There are no friends but allies and those can change... If you grew up in a very positive and caring family then you might not believe it. But even at family level you have these issues.

Back
Top Bottom