What's new

Pakistan could take additional Jordanian F-16s

Just give me example when I was pessimistic from 1947 till today... The issue that Inshallah we will get there... I do not think it is related with Inshallah but the status of the nation which is realistically bad. I have learned to look at data and not hope.
The nation has some fundamental problems, if we want true progress we will need to make some difficult (yet painfully obvious) decisions. We need to look within ourselves and ask, "what political system suits us best?" and answer that question critically and honestly. The root of our problems stem from our inability and unwillingness to nation build, i.e. despite being a different people with our own values, we're copy-pasting the British Parliamentary system, makes no sense.

The nation has some fundamental problems, if we want true progress we will need to make some difficult (yet painfully obvious) decisions. We need to look within ourselves and ask, "what political system suits us best?" and answer that question critically and honestly. The root of our problems stem from our inability and unwillingness to nation build, i.e. despite being a different people with our own values, we're copy-pasting the British Parliamentary system, makes no sense.
SO what do you think is a system that would work in Pakistan. Thanks!

Don't mean to derail this thread. You could start a new one.

Last edited:
Well I think we should have around 108 to 126 F-16 at least that makes it 6 or 7 Squadrons and than go for at least 216 JF-17 BLOCK II and III Sir that is what I think and hope it would happen and our economy would improve @Windjammer @Luftwaffe

At the most 24 more is desirable to bring it to 100 as ideal Numbers, Achievable with-in 10 years period from 2014-2024 at 2-3 Aircraft [Block 52] per Year. Sounds good but if PAF have plans, That's just my mind and it would not over load the budget.

Even if economy stabilizes from 2018+ on wards [not current Government] there would always be budgetary problems.

Pakistan is well protected in Air

80 F16
50 JF17 Thunders

Sufficient Number of Mirage +F7

> We would be fine with 80 F16 / 80 JF17 Thunders combination

Last edited:
At the most 24 more is desirable to bring it to 100 as ideal Numbers, Achievable with-in 10 years period from 2014-2024 at 2-3 Aircraft [Block 52] per Year. Sounds good but if PAF have plans, That's just my mind and it would not over load the budget.

Even if economy stabilizes from 2018+ on wards [not current Government] there would always be budgetary problems.
if 100 I think we should go for 108 F-16 at least and make 6 Squadrons and around 216 + JF-17 Block II

SO what do you think is a system that would work in Pakistan. Thanks!

Don't mean to derail this thread. You could start a new one.
I'll keep my answer short, because a discussion like this will only remain theoretical.

Right now it isn't as much as "what is the right system for Pakistan" as it is "Pakistanis having the right to choose." From 1947 until now we have been at the receiving end of what others want us to be, e.g. a US ally, a democracy, a free market economy, etc. We've never had the chance - as a nation - to resolve this matter on our own, independently.

For us to get to the solution that best works for us, we need to be free and independent of foreign influences. Moreover, we need to be extremely honest with ourselves and put *ALL* options on the table for discussion and debate (as a nation). Whatever the end solution might be (e.g. Secular Capitalism, Khilafat, something else), we should get to the answer as an independent nation.

This what made the Westerners (especially US, Britain and France) different from all others, they went through this nation-building process and came to their respective conclusions. That conclusion is now ingrained into the conscious of every one of their citizens, and they thrive.

In Pakistan there is disconnect between what we rule by and the values of our people. As a result, we face chaos and disarray, and in that fog we see corrupt entities rise, promising to sedate (but never resolve) the confusion. That's not their job. In return for their aid dollars and safety of foreign bank accounts, they keep the nation confused and thus unable to move forward. So our step one is to break free of this interference, and step two is to have a genuine period debate and self-reflection, so that we as a nation can agree to -- once and for all -- on our system. Put all solutions on the public forum for debate, and then agree to the one that is the strongest in its merit, its truthfulness and its capacity to solve our problems.

It would be great if we could arm F16's with SD10 and JF17 with AMRAAM... Surely there are strings on foreign weapons. But we can improve our chances. The issue for American system is that these are good products. Often the best. One cannot afford not to have them. Or not have tested them.

The combo JF17 and F16 is pretty potent. Both are in the A2A arena extremely good. And we do need that rather then bomb trucks like MKI.

Pakistan is well protected in Air

80 F16
50 JF17 Thunders

Sufficient Number of Mirage +F7

> We would be fine with 80 F16 / 80 JF17 Thunders combination

It all a matter of opinion and depends upon who is the adversary. Against air forces of countries such as Afghanistan & Iran, this strength may be sufficient but against our most probably enemy India; NO.

Do people seriously consider that 80 F-16’s and 50 J-17 are sufficient to counter the threat from about 200 Su-31 Mk1s, 60 Mirage 2000 & another 70 odd Mig -29’s? Let us not forget the 126 Rafael on order by the IAF.

It is said that you underestimate your enemy at your peril.

It all a matter of opinion and depends upon who is the adversary. Against air forces of countries such as Afghanistan & Iran, this strength may be sufficient but against our most probably enemy India; NO.

Do people seriously consider that 80 F-16’s and 50 J-17 are sufficient to counter the threat from about 200 Su-31 Mk1s, 60 Mirage 2000 & another 70 odd Mig -29’s? Let us not forget the 126 Rafael on order by the IAF.

It is said that you underestimate your enemy at your peril.
Just a factual correction.
Its around 220 MKIs
and Mirages are no longer Mirage 2000, up gradation has already started to make them Mirage 2009 (UAE level iirc)
Mig 29 being upgraded to SMT2 level.

Back
Top Bottom