What's new

Pakistan could take additional Jordanian F-16s

I simply can't understand what the hell Jordan is up to they already don't have much fighter jets what are they doing they already lack in Air Force and they are selling their fighter jets to us what the hell is going on @Aeronaut @fatman17 @Munir @Luftwaffe @BLACKEAGLE @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @al-Hasani @Altamimi
Because of budgetary restraints,
U S Govt has abandoned the program of upgrading 300 F-16 Block 52 with Scaled Beam AESA radar and other high tech avionics,till the delayed arrival of F-35. Hence the availability of better F-16 for Jordan.

So it's good to buy old F16's & not new J10B's? PAF will have to replace their old aging Mirages soon & J10B is the right choice but I don't know why they are not going for it as no European country or US will give any more fighter to Pakistan. So Pakistan should go for best available option which is China.

So it's good to buy old F16's & not new J10B's? PAF will have to replace their old aging Mirages soon & J10B is the right choice but I don't know why they are not going for it as no European country or US will give any more fighter to Pakistan. So Pakistan should go for best available option which is China.
Government's broke, can't afford stuff from China.

Hi,

US and europe will sell fighter aircraft to pakistan if they want them. The J10B is inferior to our BLK 52's and MLU'd F16's---.

Currently the F16 is the best available option for pakistan.

Pakistan still has the option for 18 Block-52+ F-16s from the US.

F-16 is something we have mastered over the last 30 years, it has repeatedly and decisively proven to be one of the best aircraft in the world, we are in the process of inducting the JFT, why go for another new airframe when the current fleet of F-16s meets or even exceeds the J-10 capabilities.

@Windjammer sahib, I think it is wise to fill in the gaps now when we can... ;) To be a decent force the F16's need to be around 100.Imagine you see a stopforce of 100 block52's flown by the best pilot in the world...

We re improving JF17 rapidly but where the Gripen took say 10 years we still need to do maybe 5 years... Yo do not see everything on the outside but I can tell that there is a lot done on the inside. Just imagine a nation that had a few F16a (1980 era), tons of outdated Mirages (even 60 era) and a fe hundred mig19's (what era was that?)... Now flies block52, is building a decent block 40+ kind of JF17 and maybe will get FC20 with AESA in two years... If you think that is nothing then look at IFR systems, AWACS, UAV, Drones and many more developments. We did it. Look at what India did... Look even at what Switserland did with the Gripen deal... We are doing pretty fine.

People tend to forget that we maybe not topping marketing the JF17, in engineering and producing we do better then expected. If the JF17 starts selling then just imagine what we can do. Basic training in house (other nations can skip that), advanced training in house, production of spare parts in house. We can provide turn key/lease JF17. Nations like Sri Lanka can have smaller then a squadron JF17's. We just provide them full support. We ferry the planes for maintenance cycles. We can upgrade them etc etc There is a whole world open for us. But do we have the political and commercial management? That is the question.

Last edited:
@Windjammer sahib, I think it is wise to fill in the gaps now when we can... ;) To be a decent force the F16's need to be around 100.Imagine you see a stopforce of 100 block52's flown by the best pilot in the world...

We re improving JF17 rapidly but where the Gripen took say 10 years we still need to do maybe 5 years... Yo do not see everything on the outside but I can tell that there is a lot done on the inside. Just imagine a nation that had a few F16a (1980 era), tons of outdated Mirages (even 60 era) and a fe hundred mig19's (what era was that?)... Now flies block52, is building a decent block 40+ kind of JF17 and maybe will get FC20 with AESA in two years... If you think that is nothing then look at IFR systems, AWACS, UAV, Drones and many more developments. We did it. Look at what India did... Look even at what Switserland did with the Gripen deal... We are doing pretty fine.

People tend to forget that we maybe not topping marketing the JF17, in engineering and producing we do better then expected. If the JF17 starts selling then just imagine what we can do. Basic training in house (other nations can skip that), advanced training in house, production of spare parts in house. We can provide turn key/lease JF17. Nations like Sri Lanka can have smaller then a squadron JF17's. We just provide them full support. We ferry the planes for maintenance cycles. We can upgrade them etc etc There is a whole world open for us. But do we have the political and commercial management? That is the question.
Well I think we should have around 108 to 126 F-16 at least that makes it 6 or 7 Squadrons and than go for at least 216 JF-17 BLOCK II and III Sir that is what I think and hope it would happen and our economy would improve @Windjammer @Luftwaffe

Well I think we should have around 108 to 126 F-16 at least that makes it 6 or 7 Squadrons and than go for at least 216 JF-17 BLOCK II and III Sir that is what I think and hope it would happen and our economy would improve @Windjammer @Luftwaffe

Your economy improves? I think you missed the reality. You are lending billions and billions. What happens with that? You are having shortage is electricity which harms commercial sector. Your political instability is huge. Your regional instability is huge. You are not going anywhere. Let us be realistic. There is zero chance.

Your economy improves? I think you missed the reality. You are lending billions and billions. What happens with that? You are having shortage is electricity which harms commercial sector. Your political instability is huge. Your regional instability is huge. You are not going anywhere. Let us be realistic. There is zero chance.
Sir don't be so disappointed we would INSHALLAH get better but we need the number which I said

Sir don't be so disappointed we would INSHALLAH get better but we need the number which I said

Just give me example when I was pessimistic from 1947 till today... The issue that Inshallah we will get there... I do not think it is related with Inshallah but the status of the nation which is realistically bad. I have learned to look at data and not hope.

Government's broke, can't afford stuff from China.
Its not question govt can't , its engine issue. Russia has refuse AL31 engine for Pakistani J10. All Chinese J10 are pump by AL31 Russian engine which is just inch away from TVC.

Plus Pakistan still can buy more Jordanian F16, they have almost 50 more left for retirement.

The Royal Jordanian Air Force operates a total of 64 F-16A/B aircraft, 16 of which are ADFs, while the remaining 39 are MLUs or have been modified to MLU standard.

Last edited:
Seems like good goal if the F16 comes with no strings attached

I personally prefer JF17 Thunder and J10B for Pakistan Airforce

Why have we not received more equipment surplus from USA , such as F16 kits and planes

We have not received any major delivery recently

Last edited:
Just give me example when I was pessimistic from 1947 till today... The issue that Inshallah we will get there... I do not think it is related with Inshallah but the status of the nation which is realistically bad. I have learned to look at data and not hope.

Well said.

Back
Top Bottom