What's new

Pakistan could take additional Jordanian F-16s

May be deliberate to let others keep guessing, remember in the original 40 there were 12 dual seaters, these ''B'' or more exclusively ''D''models are not just combat capable as the single seaters but when deployed in say ''Wild Weasel'' type role or night time operations, they become an assets unmatched by anything else in the region.

The Indians believe their Su-30 will chew up the 16s alive but they have no clue about it's capabilities in our hands.

I dont get why are we sticking too much to these MLU's ????

at max their life would be about 15-20 years more.
why dont we opt for a less number but advanced versions.......but is politics the issue here ???

why not countries that use it less like bahrain are considered as options they have F-16 C/D ????

@HRK
@Munir
@aliyusuf
@Donatello

Please!
Does anybody know anything about this? Among the fleet, which aircraft have this problem?

Radar interoperability issue on Pakistani (and Thai) F-16s
Pentagon Contract Announcement
(Source: U.S Department of Defense; issued May 12, 2014)

Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co., Fort Worth, Texas, has been awarded a $7,253,896 modification (P00068) to FA8615-07-C-6032 for F-16 production contracts. The total cumulative face value of the contract is $430,377,045. This modification incorporates a solution to solve a radar interoperability issue affecting F-16 aircraft produced for Pakistan and Thailand under the basic contract. Work will be performed at Fort Worth, Texas, and is expected to be completed by April 30, 2016. The contract supports 100 percent foreign military sales for Thailand and Pakistan. Air Force Life Cycle Management Center/WWMK, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, is the contracting activity.

Defense.gov Contracts for Monday, May 12, 2014

I've already opened a new Thread about it.

@HRK
@Munir
@aliyusuf
@Donatello

Please!
Does anybody know anything about this? Among the fleet, which aircraft have this problem?

Radar interoperability issue on Pakistani (and Thai) F-16s
Pentagon Contract Announcement
(Source: U.S Department of Defense; issued May 12, 2014)

Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co., Fort Worth, Texas, has been awarded a $7,253,896 modification (P00068) to FA8615-07-C-6032 for F-16 production contracts. The total cumulative face value of the contract is $430,377,045. This modification incorporates a solution to solve a radar interoperability issue affecting F-16 aircraft produced for Pakistan and Thailand under the basic contract. Work will be performed at Fort Worth, Texas, and is expected to be completed by April 30, 2016. The contract supports 100 percent foreign military sales for Thailand and Pakistan. Air Force Life Cycle Management Center/WWMK, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, is the contracting activity.

Defense.gov Contracts for Monday, May 12, 2014

I've already opened a new Thread about it.

No idea dear, there is a hint in the highlighted sentence but would restrain myself to make any assumption here at the moment. Its better to wait for further detail or official version of PAF.

there is a hint in the highlighted sentence but would restrain myself to make any assumption here at the moment

If you mean by this sentence: radar interoperability issue
I also thought about it. Let's wait and see what comes up!

Source: Flightglobal.com

Based on Flightglobal’s World Air Force’s directory, the deal reduces Jordan’s F-16 fleet to 29 examples, and boosts Pakistan’s to 50.

they need to update their directory,

32 (original) +18 (blk 52+) +14 (EDA) +13 (Jordanian) = 77 -1 attrition = 76

Last edited:
We should collect all of the World's F-16's at cheap prices.

We are the major buyer and the selling countries have two options.

Either sell their F-16's to Pakistan and make at least some money to buy newer aircrafts OR Put their F-16's in the Warehouse to rust away and make Zero dollars. This is a buyers market for Pakistan because there are not that many Buyers on the market who have expertise in F-16's to purchase them in large numbers. Buying in small numbers is not cost efficient because then you have to set up the whole infrastructure to support the F-16 Maintenance. Pakistan is in the enviable position because it already has extensive infrastructure to support old F-16's and we are experts in operating and maintaining these birds.

Exactly Dutch has around 60 and will be up for grab bcoz of F-35, Danish too have around 30 in storage plus belgium and norway also has vipers in surplus.... and don't forget portugal is also trying to sell its F-16, the most recent one to romania...also thai might sell theirs bcoz of gripen... and then there are south americans(chilean) too so i am guessing a market of around 150-200 aircraft and don't forget that USAF will retire their oldest units in big numbers.... but they would not be a good buy bcoz they have completed their life.... so yes PAF should not have a problem in supplementing its fleet with f-16 in good numbers....

The PAF's original plan was to have around 100 F-16A/Bs and some stored aircraft (as attrition replacements), so another surplus 40-50 F-16A/Bs are definitely on the cards. Not entirely sure about additional C/Ds, but given how much work PAF has done in building the infrastructure, why not?

Back
Top Bottom