What's new

Pakistan Could Have Technical Edge on Indian Air Force Despite Rafale Jet Deployment: IAF Veteran

Guilty as charged, it was wikipedia. But what you are saying only further illustrates my point. Cost of several amraams shot to bring down the jet far more than the cost of the jet.
you are just a waist of time.
Mig-21 upgrade deal with russia costed $700 for 125 and then India acquired radars and other avionics from Israel which added up the cost. Since this was 20 year ago the current value would be x 1/2 more which bring up with total cost to nearly $20 per Mig-21 Bison with 4 missiles it was carrying.

We are talking about proven facts here. The comments of your DG ISPR about the capture of 3 pilots, then 2 pilots then 1 pilot make me confident that an F16 was shot down. But i'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt based on official statements of losses. I could make several exaggerated claims about number of ground losses during Balakot strike etc, loss of F16 etc but i'm strictly arguing based on things that we are 100% sure about. That a mig 21 was shot down. Bringing things like Sukhoi MKI loss is meaningless, there is simply no proof ,just as i have no proof of shooting down your f16.

How many Indiots do we have to debate with over same topic which they always lose and then run away just like rest of the bharatraksaw clowns!!!
I will let other pdf members shoot down this clown.

you are just a waist of time.
Mig-21 upgrade deal with russia costed $700 for 125 and then India acquired radars and other avionics from Israel which added up the cost. Since this was 20 year ago the current value would be x 1/2 more which bring up with total cost to nearly $20 per Mig-21 Bison with 4 missiles it was carrying.

How many Indiots do we have to debate with over same topic which they always lose and then run away just like rest of the bharatraksaw clowns!!!
I will let other pdf members shoot down this clown.

So a laptop bought for $500 in 1995, heavily used for 25 years is worth $750 today. Great job, you have a very bright future :rofl::enjoy:. Obviously concepts like depreciation, amortization, technological obsolescence are unknown to you. So i'll help you out. This is not money stored in an account. This is a piece of hardware that was bought, it doesn't go up in value, only down. If you had invested $700 million in a fixed deposit, it would probably be worth 1.5 times more, depending on the annual interest rate. But if you invested that in some sort of hardware and used it extensively, it is worth junk today. According to your logic, a WW2 plane bought for $1 million must be worth like $10 million today. Great going.

Last edited:
So a laptop bought for $500 in 1995, heavily used for 25 years is worth $750 today. Great job, you have a very bright future :rofl::enjoy:. Obviously concepts like depreciation, amortization, technological obsolescence are unknown to you. So i'll help you out. This is not money stored in an account. This is a piece of hardware that was bought, it doesn't go up in value, only down. If you had invested $700 million in a fixed deposit, it would probably be worth 1.5 times more, depending on the annual interest rate. But if you invested that in some sort of hardware and used it extensively, it is worth junk today.

No wonder India couldn't make toilets.

In order to make up for an aircraft loss, India will have to spend 20 million or so in today's money to acquire a replacement (if it has to be a Mig 21 bison) or else deal with already falling squadron strength.

I would never refer you for a job. Trust me.

No wonder India couldn't make toilets.

In order to make up for an aircraft loss, India will have to spend 20 million or so in today's money to acquire a replacement (if it has to be a Mig 21 bison) or else deal with already falling squadron strength.

I would never refer you for a job. Trust me.

but he can sell your laptops ;)

USA overestimates strength of Iran and China to demand higher defense budget from the US Congress. While Randians overestimate Pakistan strength to ask for more defense budget. Pakistan has a shoe string defense budget.

A 1940 spitfire bought for 1 million must be worth more than 10 million today, as per your logic, you are so intelligent, please tell me how can i be as smart as you.
okay indiot, you got me their.
But can you now stfu and understand that the cost for Mig-21 Bison is 10x times more then a AMRAAM?

okay indiot, you got me their.
But can you now stfu and understand that the cost for Mig-21 Bison is 10x times more then a AMRAAM?

Glad you agree. I also might have exaggerated the low cost of mig21, but i can tell you its much less than 10 times the amraam. These were junk air frames soon to be retired.

Glad you agree. I also might have exaggerated the low cost of mig21, but i can tell you its much less than 10 times the amraam. These were junk air frames soon to be retired.

Add the production cost for Mig-21 + upgrade with Russia + Israeli Avionics + Missiles it was carrying adds up to well above 10 million dollars.
I will let you do the research and let me know what you find out.

So abhi, 4 AAM, dignity, 8million$ frame update (13m adjusted for inflation) & 8 million dollar avionic update (13M$ adjusted for inflation) isnot 20x the cost of aim120c..buddy how much does the aim120cost ?
PS
sorry abhi we learned you are so cheap

I have attended classified briefings on Chinese weapons incl. Pl-15 during quad exercises.
So I know very well PL-15 & it's reality.
To sir classified
2020-03-01 19.52.54.png

Only Pakistanis would feel any sort of pride at shooting down a 60 year old jet with a 300,000$ BVR missile :lol:. Like honestly, the 2 missiles were more expensive than the jet itself. Wow what an impressive accomplishment. Almost as brave as the D Day landings or the Red Army's fight against Germany.
It's not entirely PAF's fault that MKI and Mirage 2000s preferred to turn tail and run like hell, for whatever it's worth Abhinandan still gave it a try. Given the fact that IAF has been crying hoarse about how it managed to bring F-15s down via Mig 21s, you lot really need to make up your collective minds about your own air force. You hype up a jet, then bring it down yourselves. The poor old MKI got hyped up for a whole frikking decade, now no one even takes its name. =)

The one who is wromg is Vijainder Thakur not air chief.
Air chief is right that not 36 Rafales are enough and we need more Rafales or siminlar jets and also upgrade other jets with loger range astra AAMs
so where is your airforce statement that he is wrong if he is wrong?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom