What's new

Pakistan Could Have Technical Edge on Indian Air Force Despite Rafale Jet Deployment: IAF Veteran

Glad you agree. I also might have exaggerated the low cost of mig21, but i can tell you its much less than 10 times the amraam. These were junk air frames soon to be retired.
So you would write off the pilot as junk along with the junk aircraft itself? wow! No wonder IAF has to introduce strict laws to stop its pilots fleeing to passenger airlines!

So you would write off the pilot as junk along with the junk aircraft itself? wow! No wonder IAF has to introduce strict laws to stop its pilots fleeing to passenger airlines!

Pilot is not junk but aircraft is. These airframes are at least 40 years old, mostly 50 years old . They might have gotten the bison upgrade or whatever but they are still junk. There is simply no money to purchase new aircraft. Most of the defence budget is spent on paying salaries and pensions.

I have attended classified briefings on Chinese weapons incl. Pl-15 during quad exercises.
So I know very well PL-15 & it's reality.

Nonethless one does not need classified info to deduce that as PL-15 inferior propulsion tech is proof enough of it's inferior range and kinematic capabilities

Those who clearances to attend such briefings dont boast about them on the internet.

Holy Sh!t.

Someone better tell the Americans and the rest bandwagon that you're all broke and that they stop wasting their time.
That is hardly surprising news. Why do you think the MMRCA got cancelled? We have little to offer in terms of money and we demand a lot - TOT, local production etc. Mark my words, mig21 will be the frontline IAF aircraft at least till 2030

Pilot is not junk but aircraft is. These airframes are at least 40 years old, mostly 50 years old . They might have gotten the bison upgrade or whatever but they are still junk. There is simply no money to purchase new aircraft. Most of the defence budget is spent on paying salaries and pensions.

u r such a stubborn indiot. IAF only operates Mig-21 from 1980s production batch, the airframes are as old as PAF F-16 block 15 MLU, Mirage-III/V and F-7.

That is hardly surprising news. Why do you think the MMRCA got cancelled? We have little to offer in terms of money and we demand a lot - TOT, local production etc. Mark my words, mig21 will be the frontline IAF aircraft at least till 2030

you dont even know what the fk you are talking about. so what is Su-30 Mig-29 Mirages and soon to be Rafaels in IAF? Backline?

u r such a stubborn indiot. IAF only operates Mig-21 from 1980s production batch, the airframes are as old as PAF F-16 block 15 MLU, Mirage-III/V and F-7.

you dont even know what the fk you are talking about. so what is Su-30 Mig-29 Mirages and soon to be Rafaels in IAF? Backline?

Number of Rafales = 36
Number of Mig 21 = More than 300.

Purchase of Rafales was an emergency measure.

PL-15 effectiveness is watered down because the platform ... all modern missiles need proper guidance before in last leg around 20-30 kms they are able to use their own seekers.
PL-15 will add nothing more to PAF then Aim-120 C5 on F-16.

One this we have all seen from Feb 27 2019, if the opposing fighter is not with in NEZ the BVR shot will most likely be nulled.

Meteor on other hand provides to IAF a much better capability than R-77 which were purchased more than a decade ago.

Su-30 MKI now has longer range missiles R-77-1 and R-23. Of course these solid jets will lose energy/speed in last leg if fired from 50 kms away so less chance of kill same as Aim-120 C5 or PL-15 but meteor has an advantage over these missiles as Ramjet will give more speed during flight than solid jets which basically improve chances of strike close to 50kms.

But I do agree with the statement its for making point that Tejas is the one that needs more investment as quantity will come from thr only for whatever its worth JF-17 is over 100 now. Jf-17 Blk 3 is no bigger threat than F-16 Blk 52.

Also all Pakistanis posters should keep in mind even with 5:1 ratio in north F-16 wanted just 2 MKI out of contested area by firing Aim-120C5 from 80km+ distances these shots were not for kill it was to keep MKI away from area so targets can be locked in ground. But before guidance was given fully Mig-21s spoiled that chance.

MKI could have fired R-77 from D-Max ranges but they were coming for a kill not wasting the missiles.
Here Rafales would have countered the situation more easily due to its smaller RCS and mostly passive guidance it could have come around 60kms and fired Meteors.
Rafale’s radar is by design is smaller and relies on Passive guidance from enemy to close in for kill with Meteor.

Tejas could have been much better than Mig-21 for Abhinandan as it offers same advantages with smaller RCS and better ECM
The priceless bit in my view was how the IAF AAkept coming in like blind fools not knowing what was going on. Once panic ensued you took down one of your own helos. No one has really answered the following questions.
A. What was a M1 17 doing in an active zone and what was the source of the SAR?
B. Where was the AMRAAM found?
You are lying through your teeth when you say 2 AMRAAMS were discovered inside Indian airspace. I am calling your bluff. If you are true then give me proof.
A

What was a M1 17 doing in an active zone and what was the source of the SAR?
It was coming back from a supply mission in Tangdhar.
It took off 15 mins before skirmish began

B. Where was the AMRAAM found?
Mamankote village on pir panjal foothills.
Others might have fallen on top of inaccesible pir panjal range

On that day, we ruled the skies, we had target locks on multiple enemy bogeys, we had complete situational awareness with our AWACS, and we were blinding the enemy with our advanced EW systems both in the air and the ground.

In short, we fcked 'em up.

So you have attended classified briefings about aChinese missiles in India and are now sitting on the net telling us how you are aware of classified information. Now where do I start tearing a hole in your post. Unlike bharat ratshit there are some sane heads around here so cool it laddie.
What is a person with classified info doing sitting on the net. The RAW should have a whale of a time drilling your orifices.
Secondly not much is known about the PL15 barring some basic data. So what is the Indian source of such vedic information. Did you stand on the himalayas and catch the wind coming from the China side? Or was it just the Corona Virus.
If you want to let loose a lie at least make it credible. Otherwise as they say ""shut the fudge up"
People we have a choro in our midsts.
A

Sire, this is way to throw a blatant lie, cause a heating debate, expect others to spill out as much as not available in public domain, learn & note and then later claim it to be some data obtained from classified meetings and so the cycle continues. It is all about fishing.

They do when they know they can stay anonymous.
:no:

Those who clearances to attend such briefings dont boast about them on the internet.
Exactly - Non-disclosure agreement.

So you have attended classified briefings about aChinese missiles in India and are now sitting on the net telling us how you are aware of classified information.
Haven't seen anywhere if non-disclosure agreement permits even telling what kind of information a person possesses.

:agree:

NDA of my firm and other similar large international defence firms does not cover information on adversary systems and only applies to own or allied systems.
This is the first time i am hearing about so many loop holes concerning confidentiality of defense matters in a firm. Don't include other "large international defense firms" in this clause, because they don't, whether large or small.

Sir @araz,
Keep probing and truth will come out in many forms, just like above.

@The Eagle Please Please don't ever ban @silent_poison he is funnier than Michael McIntyre

Am speechless.

Their current level is like speak regardless of dignity (true or false) and storm internet contrary to the reality on the battle ground and the facts therein. Most of them doesn't even get an exhibition pass let alone such tall claims. I will be only surprised if any of these Arm Chair generals can share some true research paper or a bit credible information. What most of them have, is anything from internet... copy & paste and that's it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom