What's new

Pakistan confirms participation in Asia Cup, ICC World T20 2014

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Karachi: Feb 12, 2014

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) received the government’s clearance to send the national team to Bangladesh for the Asia Cup and ICC World T20 2014.
“Pakistan will be going to Bangladesh for these two important events,” a senior PCB said.
Pakistan had expressed apprehension over sending its cricket team to Bangladesh after anti-Pakistan protests in Dhaka over the trial of war-crime criminals and their sentencing by the High Court.
“We have been given clearance to take part in both the events. We had sent our security officer to inspect the arrangements for our team during the Asia Cup and he has submitted a constructive report,” the official said.
“As far as security of our players is concerned, we have been assured by the organisers that all our requirements would be met. So, we are satisfied,” he added.
Relations between the Pakistan and Bangladesh cricket boards have been strained for the last two years after the BCB twice called off short tours to Pakistan at the last moment due to security reasons.
In a tit for tat response, the PCB also did not allow its players to play in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) last year.
source: Pakistan confirms participation in Asia Cup, ICC World T20 2014 - Latest Cricket News, Articles & Videos at CricketCountry.com

There was a match between Pakistan and Bangladesh and we won but everybody here was very sorry for bd. i remember someone from my family had tears in their eyes :D

But I thought you were originally from Bihar, not Bongal. :-)

There was a match between Pakistan and Bangladesh and we won but everybody here was very sorry for bd. i remember someone from my family had tears in their eyes :D
and i cannot remember who but perhaps nawaz sharif gave a funny statement that i am unable to decide that who to congratulate and and who to condol :)

You got tears after watching this? :D

images

2012-03-22T172238Z_1216215972_GM1E83N043601_RTRMADP_3_CRICKET-ASIA.JPG

wessey maze ka tha final 2012

So BCCI officially takes over PCB.
Not yet. We have just ordered them to participate or be ready for the consequences:lol:

My internal sources in BCCI told me that India was prepared to ban cricket in Pakistan if they dont participate!

Not yet. We have just ordered them to participate or be ready for the consequences:lol:

My internal sources in BCCI told me that India was prepared to ban cricket in Pakistan if they dont participate!

BCCI would shoot itself in the foot, that would be it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom