What's new

Pakistan conducts test of Shaheen 3 missiles - ISPR .

I wonder if those are thrust vectors.

View attachment 708650
These steer the missile in the third/final stage, and are part of the reason why this missile is a nightmare for any BMD system. It can continuously change the trajectory, making calculating a way to intercept it impossible until the warhead itself is released at Mach 18. And intercepting it at this speed is like hitting a bullet with a (faster) bullet, something difficult to do even with the most advanced technology in the world, and certainly far beyond the capabilities of those systems which are operated by India.
1611147201185.png

This was noted earlier.

The publicized 2,750 km range of the Shaheen 3 suggests modest improvement over the Hatf 6 or Shaheen 2, which is reported to have a range between 2,000 and 2,500 km. The additional range allows the missile to target Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal, which is the sole reason for its development according to General Khalid Kidwai, the former head of the Strategic Plans Division.4

Some speculation suggests that Pakistan is also working to equip the Shaheen-3 with multiple independent re-entry vehicles (MIRV) as a response to Indian attempts to develop a missile defence capability.
The missile underwent at least two successful tests in 2015 in March and December. 6

Interesting as I was making a guess though.

However, that red speaks well. Deterrence validated time & again.

My guess is that Ababeel (MIRV tech) will be tested closer to the delivery of S-400.

Interesting as I was making a guess though.

However, that red speaks well. Deterrence validated time & again.
I'm dismayed when people ask and complain that why Pakistan doesn't test an ICBM.
Why do you need a weapon that flies over your enemy's head, why not the one that strikes in it's heart.

I heard from some one that each shaheen 3 launch cost around 90 crore Rs including missile. Not sure how true it is.

I'm dismayed when people ask and complain that why Pakistan doesn't test an ICBM.
Why do you need a weapon that flies over your enemy's head, why not the one that strikes in it's heart.
Exactly. Pakistan has no targets that it needs to hit that the Shaheen 3 can’t hit, so why waste money on longer range when you can put that time and effort into making a better missile with shorter range.
Then again, Pakistani people are always unhappy with everything. Tomorrow Pakistan will buy F35 and they’ll say “Why didn’t they ask USA to build F36 for us”

Pakistan has the capability to make an ICBM. It simply doesn’t need the fuss involved with it that the USA will make when and if Pakistan tests it. Nor do we need the range when we can hit India (and a certain country in the west).

Bro even i was against the ICBM test as it probably will invoke some short term response from the West but having said that in the long term it will shut down once and for all our schemers, afflicter's and planners office's . We have got a front man as an enemy and then we have got forces behind that open enemy we need to have remedy for both otherwise they will keep on coming after us in the knowledge that they are safe.
This is not the time to spoil the moment of celebration and we are proud of our armed forces and what they have achieved despite the state of the economy to work tirelessly for our country safety. Long live Pakistan. :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan:

My guess is that Ababeel (MIRV tech) will be tested closer to the delivery of S-400.
These two systems have nothing to do with each other

S400 antiblastic capability is over rated..it isnt THUD

Depends upon your definition of the enemy

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom