What's new

Pakistan-China Joint Exercise "Shaheen VII - 2018"

Well, given any system, if you go and create a slightly better system... well OK you just created a better system. But does that take away from the original system? No! You link above is like Porsche on upping Lamborghini. Both are awesome cars.

Su-35 has reportedly suffered because of its PESA radar, but this is what I mean by the Russian philosophy. You don't use Su-35 without an AEWACS. Now, if you have analyzed their warfighting strategy and want to make an informed decision to install an AESA radar, well you can make your own, or you can have Zhuk.

Same logic applies to the missiles. But the whole point is to first acquire that platform. These discussions are secondary.

Well, given any system, if you go and create a slightly better system... well OK you just created a better system. But does that take away from the original system? No! You link above is like Porsche on upping Lamborghini. Both are awesome cars.

Su-35 has reportedly suffered because of its PESA radar, but this is what I mean by the Russian philosophy. You don't use Su-35 without an AEWACS. Now, if you have analyzed their warfighting strategy and want to make an informed decision to install an AESA radar, well you can make your own, or you can have Zhuk.

Same logic applies to the missiles. But the whole point is to first acquire that platform. These discussions are secondary.
what's the backup plan if PAF cant get Su35?

Dt0c6NAXgAU9itc.jpg:large

I'd stay away from Western fighters, Period. And I refuse to believe that PAF can't get Su35, until some kind of official statement says otherwise.
The reliability on Russian fighters does not match up to Western fighters. The F-6s and A-5s were examples where the pilots were tasked to maintaining 200 hours a year YET the heavy aircraft maintenance took a heavy toll in terms of operating costs. A PAF pilot had evaluated the Flanker in the 1990s, they were in favour of the program.

However operational and maintenance costs were of a significant importance. The Indian government also raised voices, but the former was the primary issue. Indonesia is a prime example where they are trying to maintain Flankers and Vipers at the same time, while generating far more sorties with their ageing F-16s than their recent Flankers.

The reliability on Russian fighters does not match up to Western fighters. The F-6s and A-5s were examples where the pilots were tasked to maintaining 200 hours a year YET the heavy aircraft maintenance took a heavy toll in terms of operating costs. A PAF pilot had evaluated the Flanker in the 1990s, they were in favour of the program.

However operational and maintenance costs were of a significant importance. The Indian government also raised voices, but the former was the primary issue. Indonesia is a prime example where they are trying to maintain Flankers and Vipers at the same time, while generating far more sorties with their ageing F-16s than their recent Flankers.

Read the link I posted earlier. Su-35S is a completely revamped system. Maintenance issues have been addressed.

Back
Top Bottom