What's new

Pakistan, China & Iran Blocked From India Air Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am looking forward to what will be displayed. Not cause it is the opponent but purely what it is able to do. With indeed greed in the eyes of many producers it probably is going to be worth to watch. I doubt the LCA will make impact but still, it is a learning cycle of decades and we hopefully see something more then a few basic turnings. Otherwise it will be compared with what we have seen in Zuhai and that is no way going to be put aside.

Looks like you don't have that much faith in LCA that you don't display in it even in femina miss India 2011. Poor LCA it isn't that ugly or is it???

:lol:

we can display veena malik,meera etc in femina miss india but cant risk lca ,after all there is a bird named as human being to be qualified for such competition:lol::lol::lol:

A VERY GOOD/STRATEGIC move by not inviting Iran. I am really glad to read this news.

India should also boycott Iran.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Pakistan is in a win-win situation with Iran over this.

Good work India.

Exactly... I wonder why even we are discussing this news. It is a very positive news in many perspectives....:tup:

As if Iran was invited in all other air-shows in the neighborhood... :lol:

And even if they are invited , i dont think there is anything which is of interest to India or anybody else.

What happened to the Pakistani pride to reject anything Indian? Whats with all the special love towards an Indian Air Show? Were you guys ever invited to any air shows in India? If they so badly want to be there I guess there is no harm in inviting them. Will be fun!

I wish China was invited! It was a good platform in Asia for China to display its aircraft including its JF-17. It would be nicer to see American and Chinese flights take off from India. Missed opportunity for all aircraft enthusiasts.

India keeps Chinese journalists out of major defence show
Published: Tuesday, Feb 1, 2011, 19:51 IST
Place: New Delhi | Agency: PTI

Amid unease over China's visa policy towards Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh, India has ensured that Chinese journalists are not able to cover the upcoming 'Aero-India' international defence show in Bangalore as accreditations have been denied to them.

The Defence Ministry did not keep any slot for China in the list of countries whose journalists could apply online on its website to make them eligible to cover the event beginning February 9 to 13.

Officials said China, along with Pakistan and Iran, was also not invited to participate in the show.

The issue of Chinese journalists being unable to register for accreditation was raised by a Chinese journalist at a press conference addressed by Secretary (Defence Production) Rajkumar Singh here.

"As far as accreditation is concerned, the list of countries is given by the External Affairs Ministry. We go by their advice on these issues," Singh said in his response.

Asked why China was not invited to participate in the biennial exhibition, Singh said, "China was invited in the last edition of the show but it didn't come."

Officials said the names of China, Pakistan and Iran were not considered by the committee, which selects countries to be invited for the show.

The development comes against the backdrop of a continuing row between India and China over the latter's visa policy under which residents of Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh are given stapled visas instead of the proper stamped ones.

India keeps Chinese journalists out of major defence show - World - DNA

India keeps Chinese journalists out of major defence show
Published: Tuesday, Feb 1, 2011, 19:51 IST
Place: New Delhi | Agency: PTI

Amid unease over China's visa policy towards Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh, India has ensured that Chinese journalists are not able to cover the upcoming 'Aero-India' international defence show in Bangalore as accreditations have been denied to them.

The Defence Ministry did not keep any slot for China in the list of countries whose journalists could apply online on its website to make them eligible to cover the event beginning February 9 to 13.

Officials said China, along with Pakistan and Iran, was also not invited to participate in the show.

The issue of Chinese journalists being unable to register for accreditation was raised by a Chinese journalist at a press conference addressed by Secretary (Defence Production) Rajkumar Singh here.

"As far as accreditation is concerned, the list of countries is given by the External Affairs Ministry. We go by their advice on these issues," Singh said in his response.

Asked why China was not invited to participate in the biennial exhibition, Singh said, "China was invited in the last edition of the show but it didn't come."

Officials said the names of China, Pakistan and Iran were not considered by the committee, which selects countries to be invited for the show.

The development comes against the backdrop of a continuing row between India and China over the latter's visa policy under which residents of Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh are given stapled visas instead of the proper stamped ones.

India keeps Chinese journalists out of major defence show - World - DNA

Pretty uncalled for .. Instead of denying them visa altogether, we could simply give the visitors a "Free Tibet" T-shirt instead. :oops:

^^Nice one spark, in fact there is alot of tibetens in B'lore. Once I have seen them going in an open vehicle for protest. First I didnt understnad which political party is this? a new flag....then I understood...

All these lame actions by GOI shows its low self esteem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom