What's new

Pakistan can no longer sustain cost of war, says expert

Peace deal, followed by a political framework from Islamabad will give us the results we need. With the help of the tribals. We never needed a single soldier to man the border for decades.

Yes but your talking about the decades of the 50's and 60's. The problem is more complex than "its the WOT" when the yanks go so will the taiban. It started with Bhutto got worse with Zia's Sunnization worse again with Afghanistan and the Russians then the yanks and the "WOT". Pulling one thread out of that mess wont end it.
Add into that that the Taliban recognised the threat of the tribal militia and have been taking out the elders and those they consider the most dangerous already.

Don't give me that bullsh!t! Your rant proves you know squat about how to calculate the cost of war. All this tripe you've written is TOTALLY subjective. You need to grow up so that you can comprehend the methodologies involved in calculating costs both military and non military.

The nonsense you've spewed is hilarious! So it's better you get back to tilling your little wheat field instead of the rubbish you've just exhaled by venturing into a topic that you know zilch about.

Now go breathe some fresh air to energize your brain cells that seem completely devoid of oxygen, seeing the blabber you've just written.

Your pointless post is proof that you had not considered those things and have no response, I am not surprised....neither at your earlier height of stupidity nor at your shameless ramblings.

1: Time to exit the war.

Without the mandate of your military, seems impossible, doesn't matter what your people say.

2: Seal the border with Afghanistan with only opening to NATO withdrawal.

And how do that, please dont tell me you guy's too are trying to build a wall now.

3: Stop all forms of trade to Karzai's Afghanistan. [Let Ahmadinejad do it.]

Rights of a landlocked country? wonder if some other country did something similar with geographical locations due to terror activities %%%?

4: Install check posts, shoot everyone coming from Afghanistan in the head..who's coming without a biometric entry tag. [I am sure They can fly to New Dehli]
Wonder where were these policies during airlift of Konduz?

5: Forcefully evict all Afghan Migrants from Camps in FATA. They should contribute to the New Afghanistan being Afghan citizens. [No, more asylum on our passports which screws our F.Relations]

Very interesting, cry for palestine,syria and iraq, and kick out afghans displaced primarily due to taliban+aftershocks caused in the first place by pakistan itself... hypocrisy unlimited!
6: Start negotiations with the insurgent groups, ONLY those who concern our national security.

In other words, give free hand to terror organisations in both India and afganistan as long as stuff doesn't implode as we are seeing now.

7: Let Karazai and 18 Indian consulates deal with Mullah Omar, and other factions of the Taliban.
Sure, anyways you guys haven't "uprooted" jack (plz tranlate +)

8: Hand over FATA back to tribals through a peace deal, backed by an ongoing political framework.
And how is the "political framework" workin out for ya

9: Deny India ANY transit to Afghanistan and close air space for ALL flights towards it. [They can detour from China or perhaps Iran]
Perhaps then India should pay you back in kind with water, whatsay?

10: Take targeted military strikes as a last option against those who cant be dealt with through the above process.
does than include the JeM and Let camps which apparently your government cannot control as they claim it?

Pakistan does NOT need to abandon, strategic depth. It needs to abandon Strategic depth and Afghanistan BOTH.Sooner the "End of brotherhood" comes, the better for Pakistan's internal security that would be. Afghanistan, should only be engaged with a strategy of calculative engagement, IF and WHEN needed, IF & When it serves our interests.
How bout leaving them alone, pay them back for death and destruction by just letting them be a free sovereign country?

Looks like ground being laid to demand/ask/request more money and material from the new USA govt :)

The opinion is presented by an independent economist as a personal opinion, it is by no means sanctioned by the Government of Pakistan. Pakistanis are free to speak whatever they want, but that does not mean that opinion is reflective of the official policy of GOP. I am surprised that an Elite Member with over 9000 posts would troll just to score brownie points :disagree:, tsk tsk tsk.

ISLAMABAD:
Pakistan’s economy can no longer sustain the cost of war as the money so far disbursed by the US to compensate the damages the country has suffered while fighting the war on terror is only 14% of the total losses, says a leading economist.

Dr Ashfaque Hasan Khan, Dean of NUST Business School and former member of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf’s core economic team, said that despite enormous sacrifices, the international community neither recognises nor appreciates the country’s efforts.
He was addressing the audience of the 14th International American Studies Conference, jointly organised by the US Embassy and Quaid-e-Azam University, on Wednesday.
According to figures published in the economic survey of Pakistan, the war on terrorism has caused direct and indirect losses worth $70 billion, while the US has disbursed only $9.97 billion under the Coalition Support Fund, he said.
He also held the country’s leadership responsible for the world’s apathy towards Pakistan’s problems rooted in the war on terrorism. He said the president, prime minister and finance ministry seldom highlight these sufferings with the international community.
Contrary to the US claims of giving huge assistance to Islamabad, the country has received only $4.8 billion in cash assistance from Washington, which comes up to roughly $437 million per annum, said Khan during his presentation, which was based on figures compiled by the finance ministry. He said in total the US has given less than $15 billion in the last 11 years.
He, however, said the CSF reimbursements did matter for the country as the money would relieve pressures on foreign currency reserves. “Had the last tranche of $1.2 billion, released in July, not come timely, the rupee would have depreciated to Rs100 against a dollar,” he said. The disbursement provided a two-month relief to the government.
Khan further said the country has reached a point where it can no longer bear the cost of war, which has adversely affected investment and privatisation, stressed the fiscal position and impacted exports.
“Pakistan needs the US for multiple reasons but it does not need cash assistance,” he said, while suggesting the US give market access to the country.
Over the last 11 years, the role of the US in Pakistan’s development is on a decline, he said. Citing official figures, he said Pakistan’s exports to the US in terms of their share in the total exports have declined by a tenth. In 2001-02 the exports to the US were 24.4% of the total exports, and have come down to 14.7% in 2011-12.

Pakistan can no longer sustain cost of war, says expert – The Express Tribune
Mazrat ke saath ye to wahee misal hi

TERE SAMG RAHA BHEE NA JAYE AUR TERE BIN RAHA BHEE NA JAYE ....:D

sachee sachee bolo na ki Pakistan ko Incriment chaiye :woot:.........:taz::taz:...............:azn:

1: Time to exit the war.
2: Seal the border with Afghanistan with only opening to NATO withdrawal.
3: Stop all forms of trade to Karzai's Afghanistan. [Let Ahmadinejad do it.]
4: Install check posts, shoot everyone coming from Afghanistan in the head..who's coming without a biometric entry tag. [I am sure They can fly to New Dehli]
5: Forcefully evict all Afghan Migrants from Camps in FATA. They should contribute to the New Afghanistan being Afghan citizens. [No, more asylum on our passports which screws our F.Relations]
6: Start negotiations with the insurgent groups, ONLY those who concern our national security.
7: Let Karazai and 18 Indian consulates deal with Mullah Omar, and other factions of the Taliban.
8: Hand over FATA back to tribals through a peace deal, backed by an ongoing political framework.
9: Deny India ANY transit to Afghanistan and close air space for ALL flights towards it. [They can detour from China or perhaps Iran]
10: Take targeted military strikes as a last option against those who cant be dealt with through the above process.

Pakistan does NOT need to abandon, strategic depth. It needs to abandon Strategic depth and Afghanistan BOTH.Sooner the "End of brotherhood" comes, the better for Pakistan's internal security that would be. Afghanistan, should only be engaged with a strategy of calculative engagement, IF and WHEN needed, IF & When it serves our interests.
he he he he he

Na nau maan tel hoga naa radhaa nachegee bhai jaan aap to senior sirji hoke kaisee kaisee baten kerte ho mai sochta thaa ki mujhe hi din me kwaab dekhne ki bimaree hai :cheers:

I am curious to know what were the plans Pak had when it went into this WOT.

Did it expect the US to bank roll the entire war ?

Where have things gone wrong financially ?

.. and what of those that went wrong was not foreseen ?

Not a matter of dollars as few Indians mentioning on page # 1

In fact, this is a dirty US war, weakening our country and a few foreign hands get opportunity due to this war to play that game in our areas which had been played in case of Mashriki Pakistan (Now Bangladesh).

This was never a war of us Pakistanis. This will never be a war of us Pakistanis. We have been played in the hands of US.

Not a matter of dollars as few Indians mentioning on page # 1

In fact, this is a dirty US war, weakening our country and a few foreign hands get opportunity due to this war to play that game in our areas which had been played in case of Mashriki Pakistan (Now Bangladesh).

This was never a war of us Pakistanis. This will never be a war of us Pakistanis. We have been played in the hands of US.

bhai ji ever heared the story of two cats fighting over the cake and monkey dupes them both well thats the story of pakistan but with a slight twist of fate the smaller cat though more cunning and i say over smart got toooo carried away and the bigger cat got a little smart and instead of keep fighting she traced the origin of the cake hope u got my point :D

well your army from day one created a myth of demon called indian hegemony and feuled it first ayub , then zia and now any one is doing the same ...THINK ????

bhai ji ever heared the story of two cats fighting over the cake and monkey dupes them both well thats the story of pakistan but with a slight twist of fate the smaller cat though more cunning and i say over smart got toooo carried away and the bigger cat got a little smart and instead of keep fighting she traced the origin of the cake hope u got my point :D

well your army from day one created a myth of demon called indian hegemony and feuled it first ayub , then zia and now any one is doing the same ...THINK ????

Just once listen Pakistan news at your Kashir Channel. The way they bark against Pakistan is always increasing my blood pressure. After seeing n listening their style, i always use to realize that Pakistani books have told us truth about your country. Leave our lands for ever.

Just once listen Pakistan news at your Kashir Channel. The way they bark against Pakistan is always increasing my blood pressure. After seeing n listening their style, i always use to realize that Pakistani books have told us truth about your country. Leave our lands for ever.

Pakistan news at your Kashir Channel.............ye kya hai maamoo :azn:

Leave our lands for ever..........................warna fir ????????:chilli::rofl:

Yes, u should get some knowledge about ur own channels........

This word "Warna" is logically indicating that my statement is true and u people are playing ur dirty games in our Balochistan and KPK

Yes, u should get some knowledge about ur own channels........

This word "Warna" is logically indicating that my statement is true and u people are playing ur dirty games in our Balochistan and KPK
remeber i am a evil hindu banya :rofl:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom