What's new

Pakistan 'can and must' do more against terrorism: Obama

I see! So stupid of us. After all Israeli government takes permission from Lebanon and Syrian government very time IAF bombs them, right? What were we thinking!

That entirely depends on the stability and power if the government, Syria is barely intact .violating it is a act of war .

look who is saying this what an irony :haha::sarcastic: @Irfan Baloch what do u say?

I do not represent this non existent hive mind of Israel . My opinion is mine alone , no need to target people based in their personal information.

Lol u can't respond because u don't have anything. Typical way comeback to a defeated person lol.

LOL. You posted an incorrect picture. I called you out on it. And you came back with a nonsense answer of name change. What a weak response, devoid of substance, or even a reading of history. Go home.

Pakistan can and must do more to dismantle terrorist networks: Obama
By AFP
Published: January 24, 2016

NEW DELHI: US President Barack Obama has urged Pakistan to show it is “serious” about crushing extremist networks operating on its territory, saying the latest mass killing of students underlined the need for more decisive action.

In an interview with the Press Trust of India published on Sunday, Obama praised recent crackdowns by Pakistani security forces but said more should be done to eradicate violent groups.

“Pakistan has an opportunity to show that it is serious about delegitimising, disrupting and dismantling terrorist networks,” Obama told the news agency in Washington.

“In the region and around the world, there must be zero tolerance for safe havens and terrorists must be brought to justice.”

Twenty-one people were killed last Wednesday in an attack at a university campus in Charsada which was claimed by a faction of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, barely a year after a massacre at a school in Peshawar that killed more than 150 people.

Obama said the crackdown on extremists was “the right policy” but was quoted as saying that Pakistan “can and must” take more effective action.

“Since then (Peshawar), we have seen Pakistan take action against several specific groups,” said Obama.

“We have also seen continued terrorism inside Pakistan such as the recent attack on the university in northwest Pakistan.”

India has blamed gunmen belonging to the militant group Jaish-e-Mohammed for an attack on one of its air force bases close to the Pakistan border earlier this month that left seven soldiers dead.

Obama said that attack in Punjab was “another example of the inexcusable terrorism that India has endured for too long”.

The attack came only days after Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had paid his first visit to Pakistan, dropping in for talks with his counterpart Nawaz Sharif on his way home from Afghanistan.

Modi has resisted pressure to put ties with Pakistan back in deep freeze after the air base attack, and Obama endorsed the continuation of contacts.

“Both leaders are advancing a dialogue on how to confront violent extremism and terrorism across the region,” Obama said.

All roads lead to Kabul.

What you say about US may be true, but what is holding Pakistan back? Is Afghanistan a formidable enemy? Can the TTP not be dealt with? Pakistan seems to have the intelligence. They know what's going on.

You ought to know that the war carried out in this region is being fought covertly by all the involved actors. Pakistan will use all means to pursue the terrorists sent across from Afghanistan. You be rest assured about that. The blood of our children won't go in vain. We have dealt with terrorist supporters before. This time will be no different and we will do whatever necessary to bring justice to the perpetrators and their supporters.

LOL. You posted an incorrect picture. I called you out on it. And you came back with a nonsense answer of name change. What a weak response, devoid of substance, or even a reading of history. Go home.

Maybe denial is kicking in? The great USA cannot do anything wrong. How ignorant of me to criticise the greatest country in the world lmao.

And this might hurt a little too. Former General of Us army exposes the US.

Either way this threads about a Nobel prize winner whos criticising a small SA nation while bombing more than 5 countries in his 8 year tenure. None other than the US president himself.

Time for the Conspiracy theory comeback lol.

Last edited:
The geniuses who made pakistan an 'indispensable ally' of the US in every major war from the cold war to the Afghan wars must see how well US is paying pakistan back.

How dare to call them terrorists harbour land!!!

aylkj4.jpg

That entirely depends on the stability and power if the government, Syria is barely intact .violating it is a act of war .

Afghanistan is in greater mess. You may not know this as it is far from your region. Afghan government's control is barely in large towns that too through warlord militias. Take foreign troops out and foreign support (Iran+India) withdrawn and Afghan Taliban will overrun Kabul within a year.

Same old do more rhetoric with no substance.

I guess somebody needs to show this to Obama something he conveniently choose to ignore.
India - Terrorist Groups

India has 71 major terrorist networks with hundreds of inactive ones that can get active whenever they choose to.

As far as pathankot is concerned Indian silence and lack of any investigation evidence sharing with Pakistan clearly shows that was a false flag that failed to achieve its objectives as no one internationally bought indian allegation of Pakistans involvement and world has moved on.
Please understand that USA don't need to be taught by Pakistani establishment like Pakistanis do. Truth is different for others as that from Pakistan. You should have understood this by now. Pakistanis live in a different planet and have different realities.

You ought to know that the war carried out in this region is being fought covertly by all the involved actors. Pakistan will use all means to pursue the terrorists sent across from Afghanistan. You be rest assured about that. The blood of our children won't go in vain. We have dealt with terrorist supporters before. This time will be no different and we will do whatever necessary to bring justice to the perpetrators and their supporters.

I agree with your point that Pakistan is conducting covert operations in Afghanistan; and terrorism is down in Pakistan in general, but this TTP still seems a thorn that is hard to remove.

We will do whats best for Pakistan and its people.. they wanna wage war on Pakistan sure go head . Bed bug will runaway as we already highlight them..
US sud leave this area before we block supply permenantly..

Maybe denial is kicking in? The great USA cannot do anything wrong. How ignorant of me to criticise the greatest country in the world lmao.

And this might hurt a little too. Former General of Us army exposes the US.

Either way this threads about a Nobel prize winner whos criticising a small SA nation while bombing more than 5 countries in his 8 year tenure. None other than the US president himself.

Time for the Conspiracy theory comeback lol.

You are meandering into other areas that has nothing to do with anything. I'll just restate what I said before, that picture is incorrect. Ronald Reagan did not meet the Taliban in the White House since the Taliban was not created until the 1990s. My point was a matter of historical accuracy. Nothing more.

You are meandering into other areas that has nothing to do with anything. I'll just restate what I said before, that picture is incorrect. Ronald Reagan did not meet the Taliban in the White House since the Taliban was not created until the 1990s. My point was a matter of historical accuracy. Nothing more.
Lol and what I'm saying is that these people are the same as the Taliban. Didn't expect anything much from you any way. This discussion is over.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom