What's new

Pakistan buys 40 T-129 ATAK helicopters worth 2 billion $ along with 1 million assault rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Existing Cobras
2. Z-10s
3. Bell AH-1
4. MI 35
And Now 5th entry T 129

I wonder plans of PAA. :undecided:
Bell AH1 and Cobras are same thing and they will be replaced by T129/Z10.
Mi35 is for Special Forces, completely different thing.
AH1Z will be second gun ship meant to give key ''Quality'' to PAA.

They are in production line. They are not going any where unless and untill some very crazy stupid thing happen between Pakistan & United States
Well some thing has happened in USA already. Pakistan wanted Mrs. Clinton but Mr. Trump became President. How would he proceed with Pakistan we will see in the near future.

I think Mi35 ordered for ANF.

you mean we have to make a choice between T129 and Z10

Lets wait for something official, we know this too good.
If @cabatli_53 posts then we can be sure its true.
I always prefer this copter over other choices hands down because it is from a proven pedigree and from best reliable friend and partner
whether or not Pakistan ends up buying is a different matter.. i always like it over super cobra or z-10

IMHO the arrival of AH-1Z may appeared bleak to Pak Army; leading to the same fate as the F-16 deal as Indians can sabotage the AH-1Z deal because of the win of Trump as president of US. With the freedom to export of British engines by Turkey, Pak Army may have decided to go to ATAKs instead of taking the risk of waiting for AH-1Z only to see it cancelled.

Lets see how the future unfold itself.

Guys you are killing me with excitement, please confirm this, especially about T-129 ATAK gunships. I am confused about rifles part, which rifles would it be. Didn't POF sign agreement with Belgium for FN SCAR.

Yup. Very likely.
Sir,
Z-10's might be sought by PA because of the IA deal of Apache, where as ATAK's would replace the older Cobras.
The AH-1F's procured by Pakistan along with the Zulu's were to stay. AH-1F were to be upgraded to AH-1Z standards.

With the new US President how things would be no one knows. What he has been saying during the elections then things can go south or north as he is unpredictable.

If he truly wants to make USA great then all industries would be allowed to sell their products along with the military cuts EDA articles would also flood the markets, which would be a lot cheaper to procure and upgrade. This would hamper the new product market.

IMHO the arrival of AH-1Z may appeared bleak to Pak Army; leading to the same fate as the F-16 deal as Indians can sabotage the AH-1Z deal because of the win of Trump as president of US. With the freedom to export of British engines by Turkey, Pak Army may have decided to go to ATAKs instead of taking the risk of waiting for AH-1Z only to see it cancelled.

Lets see how the future unfold itself.

No, US Congress has already approved the deal. Not easy to block now.

I always prefer this copter over other choices hands down because it is from a proven pedigree and from best reliable friend and partner
whether or not Pakistan ends up buying is a different matter.. i always like it over super cobra or z-10

I think the $ amounts are for the book keeping purposes only. Where there's a will there's always a way, especially for the defense matters...

Sir,
Z-10's might be sought by PA because of the IA deal of Apache, where as ATAK's would replace the older Cobras.
The AH-1F's procured by Pakistan along with the Zulu's were to stay. AH-1F were to be upgraded to AH-1Z standards.

With the new US President how things would be no one knows. What he has been saying during the elections then things can go south or north as he is unpredictable.

If he truly wants to make USA great then all industries would be allowed to sell their products along with the military cuts EDA articles would also flood the markets, which would be a lot cheaper to procure and upgrade. This would hamper the new product market.

As far as Mr. Trump is concerned, everything is negotiable; hence, up for grabs. Therefore, I suggest a Herem for him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom