What's new

Pakistan buys 40 T-129 ATAK helicopters worth 2 billion $ along with 1 million assault rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Move it will strengthen both brotherly countries defense ties as Pakistan will also export Super Mushak to Turkish friends too.

The deal is highly possible for exchange. Has Nato approved the deal as T129 using American engines and European equipment.

Contrary to popular belief, it is open knowledge everywhere else that the Z-9s have not been purchased but sent over for combat trials and operational testing with us due to our varied environment and terrain. They are basically gratis and sent over to see if they can be offered for export and as a sweetening deal.

The ATAK is basically the backup to the Zulus and it all depends upon the Trump presidency. However, the Ah-1Z shares a common engine with the Leonardo 149 we just bought. On the other hand the ATAK brings very little commonality with it and besides a reliable supplier, not much more.

Still, the Cobras are really showing their age and we need at least 40 machines that need replacement eventually. Whether it will be ATAKs or more Z-10s is the question.
Yes. The PWC PT6 MRO facility at PAC is nearing completion and the PAF chairman even invited the private sector to invest in it in exchange for access to the MRO market. Would be interesting if TAI could cram the PT6C into the T-129, though I doubt it since that, at best, would take all parties back a few years.

We'll need the T800. OTOH the T800 market is slowly growing, the Leonardo AW-159 uses the engine and we'll likely see newer helicopter designs and upgrades adopt it too in the long run. Partial support from the private sector and a focus on securing third party maintenance contracts early on could be an interesting, albeit risky and difficult, business decision.

PS: Just checked the AW-129, it had used a turboshaft that is very close in dimensions to the PT6C. Switching the engine to the ubiquitous PT6C is plausible, though unlikely.

Last edited:
TURKEY TO GIVE PAKISTAN 40 MODERN FIGHTER HELICOPTERS
Turkish President says his country will provide Pakistan light assault rifles of worth one million dollars.
File photo

file-photo-1479995179-9143.jpg

06:43 PM, 24 Nov, 2016

Turkey will give Pakistan forty modern fighter helicopters of worth two billion dollars.

In a tweet message, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that his country will also provide Pakistan light assault rifles of worth one million dollars.

Similar news was reported 2 days ago but the source was challenged

The way this news is published it sounds like Turkey is giving for free rather than selling it for 2 billion usd.

Poor journalism as I believe its being sold if true

Similar news was reported 2 days ago but the source was challenged

The way this news is published it sounds like Turkey is giving for free rather than selling it for 2 billion usd.

Poor journalism as I believe its being sold if true
don't you think numbers are still too high

Arent these heli expensive? just asking

TURKEY TO GIVE PAKISTAN 40 MODERN FIGHTER HELICOPTERS
Turkish President says his country will provide Pakistan light assault rifles of worth one million dollars.
File photo

file-photo-1479995179-9143.jpg

06:43 PM, 24 Nov, 2016

Turkey will give Pakistan forty modern fighter helicopters of worth two billion dollars.

In a tweet message, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that his country will also provide Pakistan light assault rifles of worth one million dollars.

So the curtain now over which Attack is coming as radio Pakistan report could be consider official .
Assault rifle worth 1 million dollar means some MPT-76 will be procure by Pakistan or it means Pakistan will buy from the short listed assault rifle from ongoing competition ?
but

Arent these heli expensive? just asking
less then viper though will be expensive then Chinese maybe .

50 mil $ per heli. Isn't it too much for a heli?
Pakistan is not KSA to bankrupt it.
I'm in doubt with it's source

I think there is no confirmation about price. Am i right?

Which light assault rifles we are about to get from Turks? MPT-76 ??

Possible since Pakistan is selling trainer jets to Turkey and amount of both purchases could be adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom