What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I not amused by the F16 these are only block A/B , 80's era technology with out the MLU etc

I mean there is so much excitement , when we all were waiting for J10B , I know I was we were about to get brand new Toys , with wrapper and seals on the planes and yet we opted for F16 there were used

If these were F16 UAE , versions I would have said yes , great addition

I still don't understand , why no J10B , new fighter new equipment , new engine , and brand new radar etc (evolving avionics)

How is 16 better then 36 !!

Lets use the car analogy to compare ... had we bought a 80's car vs car made in 2014

Example Car made in 80's
cool-80s-sports-cars-6633-pic1.jpeg

Vs

Car made in 2014
2007-Mini-Cooper.jpg

We can argue that these both models are same class etc and performance level , but really the model from recent year will certainly have more "capability" and upside

Where do i begin with you? Forget it.

Final ex-Jordanian F-16s Delivered to Pakistan AF
Posted on: May 21st, 2014

Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Chief of the Air Staff, plus His Excellency Nawaf Khalifa Araieh, Jordanian Ambassador to Pakistan, together with the PAF pilots who flew the aircraft in from Jordan, pose for a group photograph at PAF Base Mushaf-Sargodha on April 27 following the delivery of the first five of 13 ex-Royal Jordanian Air Force F-16A/Bs to the PAF. The remaining eight aircraft arrived at the base today. PAF

DELIVERY OF the remaining eight of the 13 ex-Royal Jordanian Air Force (RJAF) F-16A/Bs being acquired by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was completed today, May 21. The aircraft were flown in to PAF Base Mushaf-Sargodha, joining the initial five ex-RJAF aircraft which, as previously reported on AFD, had arrived at the base on April 27.

All 13 of the new deliveries will be operated by 19 Squadron ‘Sherdils’, which was officially re-formed at Mushaf as an F-16 unit on the same day as the first five aircraft arrived. With the final aircraft now delivered, a formal induction ceremony was held today, with Army chief General Raheel Sharif as the chief guest.He said these aircraft will further increase the capabilities of the PAF and also noted that both the Army and Air Force are making co-operative efforts to get maximum results against war on terror.

PAF Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief of the Air Staff, said that the addition of the new squadron will increase PAF’s capacity in combating both internal as well as external challenges.

The precise mix of F-16As and ’Bs in the package of 13 aircraft remains unconfirmed. As we reported previously, it was said to have involved 12 F-16As and one F-16B, but when the first five arrived, it included two F-16Bs and three F-16As. Whether all of today’s arrivals were all F-16As has yet to be confirmed. AFD-

Dave Allport

Why am I not amused by the F16 these are only block A/B , 80's era technology with out the MLU etc

I mean there is so much excitement , when we all were waiting for J10B , I know I was we were about to get brand new Toys , with wrapper and seals on the planes and yet we opted for F16 there were used

I still don't understand , why no J10B , new fighter new equipment , new engine , and brand new radar etc (evolving avionics)

Lets use the car analogy to compare ... had we bought a 80's car vs car made in 2014

Hi,

It does not work like that with aircraft-----. The prime life of a car is 5 to 8 years---for fighter aircraft like F16-----it is 50 maybe 60 years----with one MLU-----.

So---your comparison does not look to be fair------.

Number 19 squadron has been Re-Equipped with Ex-RJAF F16s. Previously if i am not mistake, No.19 squadron was equipped with F-7P, and it was OCU.

Now your OCU has been upgraded from F7P---> F16.
Isn't it a giant leap?

Your pilots will horn their skills on more modern plane before going to main operational unit.
It will save precious flight hours of your MLUs and Block52s.

God knows what is wrong with us people, really disappointed over many posts in this thread.

Hi,

Thank you---smart man----.

Last edited:

Example Car made in 80's
cool-80s-sports-cars-6633-pic1.jpeg

Vs

Car made in 2014
2007-Mini-Cooper.jpg

We can argue that these both models are same class etc and performance level , but really the model from recent year will certainly have more "capability" and upside

very bad analogy.

These F-16 cost prob $5-10 million per unit which can fire Aim-120 and is better then PAF non upgrade block15. Later on PAF may chose to upgrade them to increase its capability. So its a very cost effective deal.

F-16 Squadrons.

No.5 - F-16C/D
No.9 - F-16A/B MLU
No.11- F-16A/B MLU
No.-19 - F-16A/B ADF

Reactions: HRK
Couple of things to note, the F-16s now certainly look the works compared to when they arrived obviously getting cleaned and touched up with markings and emblems applied. Fresh paint visible on the RWR, can anyone point out what's the steel ball looking instrument below the RWR. @Oscar, @Munir @fatman1

nvEivQI_zps3b9e9ea9.jpg

Your pilots will horn their skills on more modern plane before going to main operational unit.
It will save precious flight hours of your MLUs and Block52s.

God knows what is wrong with us people, really disappointed over many posts in this thread.
F-16s have best horns even without the MLU
people dont know that..

Couple of things to note, the F-16s now certainly look the works compared to when they arrived obviously getting cleaned and touched up with markings and emblems applied. Fresh paint visible on the RWR, can anyone point out what's the steel ball looking instrument below the RWR. @Oscar, @Munir @fatman1

nvEivQI_zps3b9e9ea9.jpg

That's the light...used for night ID of unidentified aircraft.

Is that a MLU thing, don't recall seeing it on older models.

A feature of the ADF models.

A 150,000 candlepower night identification spotlight was installed on the port side of the nose (below and in front of the cockpit) to aid in the identification of nighttime intruders. The aircraft were equipped to carry 600 (US) gallon (2,271 liter) external drop tanks, and to carry 6 BVR missiles such as the AIM-7 Sparrow or AIM-120AMRAAM.

F-16 Versions - F-16 ADF

Bhai let me give you a bit of background. PAF approached COAS to buy these birds, BUT PAF didn't have the financial resources. COAS made it happen. He arranged the funds. Hope this clears the matter.

Why did he approached COAS and not directly finance minister?, is he subordinate to COAS?, i thought both were 4 stars and both forces have separate budgets.....

you r perceiving it wrong dear, everybody is doing their work as per their Job profile and authorization.

i hope that is the case but in pak that's not usually how things work .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom