What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why Jordan would want to sell them. They are still flying old F-5s. Why not get rid of those first ?
Pakistan buy many weapons from 3rd party some time mid life weapons there are 2 reason of buying from 3rd partya 1st if you do not have direct contact for example Pakistan has Israeli made machinery Pakistan got through China and others....... in 1986 Pakistan sent his Tank to Israel for upgrading through America........ 2nd If you think Maker will put conditions on buying so you get through 3rd party contract how can we say these are use less when we know Turkey has same technology to upgrade F16 as U.S has, Many time Pak buy through K.S.A we have Russian weapons Israeli thing through 3rd Party....
Arab Countries Facilitate us ........Thanks to Allah we have one door open.
Always see the positive...
We need to upgrade JF17 up to the level of F16 and im hope full soon Thunder will be on peek point but for that time PAF is to level the Balance.......

Someone please spell it out for me ... it is clear that 16 F-16s were inducted to Sqd 19.
Are these all ex-RJAF?

I am a bit slow ... I know ... but please bear with me.
Royal.Jordanian.Air.Force

I was listening to the speech of air chief and he said that the induction of these jets was due to personal interest of COAS raheel sharif...... IMO he should not have said this.... I mean now the decision of what to induct and what not to will be done in GHQ..... if this is the case then what CAS is for.... he should then vacate his position.
you r perceiving it wrong dear, everybody is doing their work as per their Job profile and authorization.

I was listening to the speech of air chief and he said that the induction of these jets was due to personal interest of COAS raheel sharif...... IMO he should not have said this.... I mean now the decision of what to induct and what not to will be done in GHQ..... if this is the case then what CAS is for.... he should then vacate his position.
Bhai let me give you a bit of background. PAF approached COAS to buy these birds, BUT PAF didn't have the financial resources. COAS made it happen. He arranged the funds. Hope this clears the matter.

Bhai let me give you a bit of background. PAF approached COAS to buy these birds, BUT PAF didn't have the financial resources. COAS made it happen. He arranged the funds. Hope this clears the matter.

Was this one of the demands place directly to the Finance Minister when he was imperiously summoned to the GHQ by the COAS in violation of proper procedures?

Was this one of the demands place directly to the Finance Minister when he was imperiously summoned to the GHQ by the COAS in violation of proper procedures?
Could be, not sure. All I know is, he made it happen.

Btw, who are you? Which alphabet soup agency? You smell like CIA, NSA, Centcom, DIA, who?

p1_03.jpg

Could be, not sure. All I know is, he made it happen.

Btw, who are you? Which alphabet soup agency? You smell like CIA, NSA, Centcom, DIA, who?

Your computer has smell-o-vision? :D

=======================================

Back to the topic, major purchases like this F-16 deal, will strain the already over-stretched national resources even further.

Are you self appointed custodian of the procedural log when it comes to Pak Military?

@Abu Nasar is asking why not opt for cheaper price tag MICA.

While MICA provides added diversity, it might be difficult to procure from French, plus AIM120 comes tested and integrated on the F-16s.

Maybe in future PAF can look at it once more results for MICA are clear.

JF-17 is secured in the form that any emerging Chinese missile can be integrated. So no problems there. For F-16s, AIM9X should be the priority.

Why am I not amused by the F16 these are only block A/B , 80's era technology with out the MLU etc

I mean there is so much excitement , when we all were waiting for J10B , I know I was we were about to get brand new Toys , with wrapper and seals on the planes and yet we opted for F16 there were used

If these were F16 UAE , versions I would have said yes , great addition

I still don't understand , why no J10B , new fighter new equipment , new engine , and brand new radar etc (evolving avionics)

How is 16 better then 36 !!

Lets use the car analogy to compare ... had we bought a 80's car vs car made in 2014

Example Car made in 80's
cool-80s-sports-cars-6633-pic1.jpeg

Vs

Car made in 2014
2007-Mini-Cooper.jpg

We can argue that these both models are same class etc and performance level , but really the model from recent year will certainly have more "capability" and upside

Last edited:
Number 19 squadron has been Re-Equipped with Ex-RJAF F16s. Previously if i am not mistake, No.19 squadron was equipped with F-7P, and it was OCU.

Now your OCU has been upgraded from F7P---> F16.
Isn't it a giant leap?

Your pilots will horn their skills on more modern plane before going to main operational unit.
It will save precious flight hours of your MLUs and Block52s.

God knows what is wrong with us people, really disappointed over many posts in this thread.

Reactions: HRK
Number 19 squadron has been Re-Equipped with Ex-RJAF F16s. Previously if i am not mistake, No.19 squadron was equipped with F-7P, and it was OCU.

Now your OCU has been upgraded from F7P---> F16.
Isn't it a giant leap?

Your pilots will horn their skills on more modern plane before going to main operational unit.
It will save precious flight hours of your MLUs and Block52s.

God knows what is wrong with us people, really disappointed over many posts in this thread.
Well said and that is point some are having difficulty comprehending. These used F-16s came in cheap, certainly cheaper than JF-17, and they replaced F-7s. I'm sure every F-7 squadron commander would love his unit transition to F-16s, and used F-16A/Bs are the PAF's best bet to reach that goal. I'm sure the PAF is looking pursue as many F-16A/Bs as it can, and it wouldn't surprise me if our F-7s are replaced by F-16A/Bs and JF-17 Block-2 over the next 3-5 years.

Attention can then go into making JF-17 into a much more robust fighter. With the F-16s acting as a buffer the PAF can develop the Block-3 into something comparable to Gripen NG. They can incorporate composites, increase range and payload, adapt for CFTs, etc. The PAF can develop the JF-17 from what was originally a F-7 successor to a true Mirage successor, i.e. a strike-focused multi-role fighter. Will this raise the price-point of the JF-17? Certainly, but off-of-service F-16A/Bs can be our 'cheap fighter' - the JF-17 Block-3 can be our quality fighter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom