What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please provide a source for this information. it is contrary to what we have been hearing.
Araz
Pakistan got 200 russian engines via china on the condition of no sale to third country.Each machine requires 2 engines, this gives Pakistan 100 machines.50 have been delivered/inducted, the remaining 50 will be completed by the middle of 2016.By that time WS-13/17 Engine will be ready for JF-17 block 3 with aesa radar.Since Chinese do not allow Pakistan sell the aeroplane with any other engine ,Export and remaining PAF requirements will then begin.This is my cumulative assessment based upon continous following of JF-17 wprogram since 1992.Only AERONAUT can provide you with authoritative info.

Pakistan got 200 russian engines via china on the condition of no sale to third country.Each machine requires 2 engines, this gives Pakistan 100 machines.50 have been delivered/inducted, the remaining 50 will be completed by the middle of 2016.By that time WS-13/17 Engine will be ready for JF-17 block 3 with aesa radar.Since Chinese do not allow Pakistan sell the aeroplane with any other engine ,Export and remaining PAF requirements will then begin.This is my cumulative assessment based upon continous following of JF-17 wprogram since 1992.Only AERONAUT can provide you with authoritative info.

Surely JF-17 has only one engine. Why do you need 2 engines for each machine?

150 for the 150 jets ordered, and perhaps 50 more for reserve in case needed for new planes/replacement.

It will definitely not be 2 engines, but more like a bunch of them for reserve stocks.

150 for the 150 jets ordered, and perhaps 50 more for reserve in case needed for new planes/replacement.

It will definitely not be 2 engines, but more like a bunch of them for reserve stocks.
But we are hoping best from ALLAH that Block-IIs will be more advance like with composites, better engines & avionics and even better range and payloads. But there are some suggestion that PAC might going to produce about 100+ of these for PAF.

Also I would like to see that Jordan, Egypt, Libya and Algeria would gain license to produce them in large numbers as well.

Although it would be great if PAC has welcomed Egypt, Libya & Algeria on Mushak-Super Mushak, K-8s(20% shares of each along with China as well) and JF-17s program. As Pakistan along with Egypt, Libya & Algeria can easily take on the whole JF-17s program with 25% shares of each with CAC just helping to develop it.

Pakistan receives first batch of Jordanian F-16s

Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
30 April 2014

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) formally inducted the first five of 13 Lockheed Martin F-16 fighter aircraft it has bought from the Royal Jordanian Air Force in a 27 April ceremony at Mushaf airbase in Sargodha.

The PAF confirmed that the 13 F-16s to be eventually inducted comprise 12 F-16As and one F-16B. All were originally Block 15 models, but have undergone mid-life upgrades though no further information was disclosed on their weapon systems and/or avionics.

A PAF official told IHS Jane's that with the induction of the five Jordanian F-16s, the PAF now had 76 F-16s. These include 18 F-16C/D Block 52 versions; the remaining 58 are all of the A/ B variants.

(114 of 276 words)

Pakistan receives first batch of Jordanian F-16s - IHS Jane's 360

The second engine is a spare---when the first one is being worked on---.

Aircraft engine takes roughly about 2 months to complete an overhaul in Pakistan, thats when 2nd engine is used.During that period of time the aeoplane is usless if 2nd engine is not readily available.

There are no two engines per plane anywhere... You have a percentage of engines as being spares. Let say 5 engines per squadron. And you have always a book and planning where all the planes are put in to go through all those inspections and maintenance. And in case of Pakistan you do not even have planes for fixed place in a particular squadron. Planes go to maintenance and are released for duty. I hope that settles all the stories that we need 2 engines per plane.

150 for the 150 jets ordereis, and perhaps 50 more for reserve in case needed for new planes/replacement.

Normally yes, but due to no direct agreement with russians, PAF , I believe Is being careful.Establishment of repair/overhaul workshop was dicussed during Gen.Kiani's visit of Russia.

ADF F-16 is capable of firing the AMRAAM

I concur that, references suggest...that Jordan may have received the block-15, which werer upgraded for AIM.
But, my apprehensions are from where do we get spares, to keep them airworthy?

Thirdly even if we need to MLU/Update them and an MLU kit from information available is 20 million, then for 25 million you are getting a fine plane.
These were already upgraded in 1996-97, before being delivered to Jordan, out of AMARAC junk, now i'm not sure, how many times an airframe can be upgraded! May be a general overhaul and that's all.

In support I would say that PAF can only retain JFTs either at Kamra or at Peshawar inspite of so many years evolving. Does that tell you something!!

It does not tell me any thing wrong with JF-17, in 2006 it started its manufacturing of first batch, and later the program faced engineered setbacks, but it kept crawling upwards.

IMO, they are located at best possible place, and there are bright chances that a naval squadron may be next in line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom