What's new

Pakistan blocks NATO supplies

That's very difficult.

Why? The trucks can only take major roads, no? And those can be blocked by volunteers. Media cameras and 24/7 webcams should be present.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

I think we need to look at things in proper perspective. The article is saying that the NATO supply would be closed for 10 days until the US apologized. What if the US did not apologize in 10 days? Would it open the supply routes or not? Seems like a logical contradiction.

The article is not written well.

A permanent blockade is an UNCONDITIONAL blockade, regardless of any apologies. This article shows the government is already looking for wiggle room. The snakes...

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I am not denying the politician part, no doubt. However the steps to be taken, listed by you will create awareness among the public, what about the decision makers? You see once you put pressure and that too a direct one on them to spell out their stance then they can't back track on it can they?

While the suggestions of yours should be followed, this can put forward a direct head ache to these snakes as they can't get around once spoken in public.

I am not even asking the politicians to do anything. This is purely a civilian endeavor, which must have nothing to do with the GoP. This way the US will find it harder to punish Pakistan. They can punish us for allegedly supporting the Taliban, but how can you justify punishing a country for an anti-war civil disobedience movement?

A permanent blockade is an UNCONDITIONAL blockade, regardless of any apologies. This article shows the government is already looking for wiggle room. The snakes...

I don't think an apology will change Pakistan's mind on opening the supply routes, but it might change their mind on attending the conference in Germany in 10 days' time. That's what the article was alluding to, I believe.

If you ask me, I would say, start burning NATO containers if blockade turns out to be temporary. I know many of the members will not agree with me on this but there's no other choice, we didn't do it when Dr. Afia was sentenced, when our sovereignty was violated again and again, now our Troops are being attacked deliberately, I ask, WHEN?

Set them on fire, no one will resist, Forces wont interfere. That's the only way Government will take things seriously.

Other options:

Start a phamphlet movement.
Put posters in the cities.
Send letters to the News Channels, force them to keep the pressure on Government.
Send letters to the GHQ.
Start a mass movement on internet.

This thread is intended to share ideas for maintaining a PERMANENT civilian blockade of NATO supply routes through Pakistan.

It is not intended to debate the blockade itself -- if you disagree with the blockade, please avoid this thread.

We know that the politicians will reopen the routes once the heat is off; already they are backtracking from earlier claims of a 'permanent' blockade to a '10 day' blockade now. The military will also be under pressure to deescalate the situation. Therefore, it is up to civilians to enforce a permanent blockade.

Some suggestions:
- Green ribbon campaign to raise awareness and funds (PTI, college campuses).
- Set up a fund to support volunteers (expats can help).
- 24/7 webcam at each crossing site (Pakistani web server).
- Enlist national media to promote and monitor the blockade.
- Celebrity endorsements for the campaign.

All are good suggestions IF they are truly implemented. :frown:

Anyways I am on it with you.

If you ask me, I would say, start burning NATO containers if blockade turns out to be temporary. I know many of the members will not agree with me on this but there's no other choice, we didn't do it when Dr. Afia was sentenced, when our sovereignty was violated again and again, now our Troops are being attacked deliberately, I ask, WHEN?

Set them on fire, no one will resist, Forces wont interfere. That's the only way Government will take things seriously.

No violence, please.

The moment you burn a truck, the govt. will declare the movement is run by terrorists and use force to reopen the roads. They might still do a false flag for that effect, ...

When a close relative like son or brother or sister of the generals and corrupt politicians in Pakistan will be kidnapped then they will do something, maybe that also wont be enough as these generals and corrupt politicians are dogs and dogs are loyal to their masters.

do road roko.. some 50000 should go and sit down on he road..
do hartal of major factories
do rail roko of trains
do gherao of govt and army offices.
demand disbanding of isi and reduce army powers

these are some ideas

Thanks, but no thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

No violence, please.

The moment you burn a truck, the govt. will declare the movement is run by terrorists and use force to reopen the roads. They might still do a false flag for that effect, ...

I don't think that anyone will consider it "terrorism", it's public anger, they must understand. This is the last thing if everything else fails.

do rail roko of trains

these are some ideas

Yeah would be nice to have thousands of people blocking the NATO supply roads if the Pakistani government reopens them.

do rail roko of trains

these are some ideas

We are trying to block NATO routes, not ruin the Pakistan economy or cause civil unrest in the country.

I don't think that anyone will consider it "terrorism", it's public anger, they must understand. This is the last thing if everything else fails.

Violence is violence. People who cannot control their actions should stay home.

I think the approval rating for the US has probably gone from 12% to 0.12% in Pakistan as a result of this incident.

I am not even asking the politicians to do anything. This is purely a civilian endeavor, which must have nothing to do with the GoP. This way the US will find it harder to punish Pakistan. They can punish us for allegedly supporting the Taliban, but how can you justify punishing a country for an anti-war civil disobedience movement?

I don't think that ultimately without the decision makers, getting involved the result of permanent blockade can be achieved can it? I mean u can do all the naara baazi but only the govt and armed forces can take that intended decision of permanent blocakde.

By the way moderator of Pak Passion forum has emailed the PCB to allow the Pakistani team to wear a black armband in protest to these attack in the T20 against Bangladesh. Other members here do it too.

Back
Top Bottom