What's new

Pakistan Beware, They Are Cornering China!

I presume the Chinese Prime Minister or even Mao was elected by votes of the Chinese people!

then serf-system trashed earlier.

I would suggest you put away your illogical satire works. since you dont want me to pull up your hero.

I looked up some more articles by this guy, Ahmed Quraishi, and I must say that I have absolutely no respect for him.
His writing is mostly cheap hearsay with no background in political science or journalism.
Frankly, a high school kid could write better than he does.

23march, the Tibet situation is quite clear - The Tibetans don't like the Chinese.
It won't help your cause by claiming that the Chinese have built roads and railways. Even the Americans built highways in Afghanistan. They built them in Iraq as well.

It also won't help your cause by claiming that the Chinese government are angels and the Dalai Lama is an evil mastermind. It just makes you look silly.

kvlin I don't know how you deduced that Dalai Lama is a Nazi, but showing pictures of him with a Buddhist Swastika is making me laugh.

Also, arguing that Tibet was a feudal monarchy etc. etc. isn't going to help your case either. Bhutan was a monarchy till recently, and it was doing fine. It had the most peaceful elections a couple of days back.

The fact is, that you guys never gave Tibetan society to a chance to evolve/modernize on its own, but went and imposed your violent self-righteous communist ideology on a very spiritual people.

And you are surprised that they hate your guts. :disagree:

Cheetah786, The world cares more about Tibetans than Afghans, because it pricks their conscience more when Tibetans are killed than when Afghans are. I don't want to explain why, I think its obvious.

However you twist it, Tibetans are a peace-loving people who have been brutally colonized. There is just no other way to put it.

Obviously, the Pakistani members here feel compelled to defend their long-time ally, but being a little more honest about it, by admitting that "yeah, we know that communists are brutal but we don't care because they are our allies" would earn you some respect.

this is just one of the examples...

And please don’t believe the U.S. propaganda depicting the riots as some kind of a Tibetan backlash against Chinese oppression. Lhasa, the Tibetan capital, is far ahead in modernization than India’s biggest northern cities across the border. This is the place where China spent a staggering U.S. $ 4.1 billion just to build the world’s highest rail track, a luxury service stretching 1,142km from Beijing to Lhasa. It’s part of an elaborate Chinese vision to ‘open up’ the country’s sparsely populated western regions and make them key to China’s growth in the 21st century.

now tell me howw many McDonalds KFCs or Adidas or Nike brands will u see in Kasmir?? where is "IT call centers"?? where is your tata factory?? ohh is kasmir even part of your country???

Salim and SPI

where is democracy where is justise??
wake up guys because Kasmir is a 24/7 massacre field for indian soldiers.. its just ordinary business for indians.. and
where is your "free media"? have they ever coverd any events regarding to that part of the world??
why dont you let the kasmiris decide??

you guys talk of peace loving harmony as if india is fukkin a
country of an example!!!

It is true that no political system is perfect.

But then, in a democracy everyone is allowed free thought and speech. And that is a boon that is not there in a totalitarian regime.

The very fact that Pakistan is a democracy is the very reason why you could change your govt to suit your convenience.

I am sure you find that (democracy) to be handicap and would have preferred to be under the military rule of Zia.

Even Musharraf who took over Pakistan through a coup gave you democracy and you are today having a govt of your choice!!

KV Lin

Get educated about the swastika.

In China, the swastika is a Chinese character ( Pinyin wan4, \ tone ) which means "ten thousand, a very great number, myriad".

Are you aware of the Red Swastika Society of China?

Are you aware that there is the Swastika in the Friday Mosque in Isfahan?

Or that it is there in Amiens Cathedral?

Buddhists and Hindus have the Swastika too!

So all religions have used the Swastika.

Does it mean Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and Chinese are Nazis?

then serf-system trashed earlier.

I would suggest you put away your illogical satire works. since you dont want me to pull up your hero.

Where there is no Freedom, as in China, it is a serfdom.

If one cannot have personal liberties, freedom of thought and speech or the right to move to anywhere within the country without a govt permit, what is it then?

In the 1958, Mao set up a residency permit system defining where people could work, and classified an individual as "rural" or "urban" worker. A worker seeking to move from the country to urban areas to take up non-agricultural work would have to apply through the relevant bureaucracies. The number of workers allowed to make such moves was tightly controlled. People who worked outside their authorized domain or geographical area would not qualify for grain rations, employer-provided housing, or health care.

In a democracy, you can go where you want and when you want. The govt does not control your movement!

Here is another conspiracy theory, god you guy's just don't give up. Refute or prove what is the correlation between nazis and dalai lama. Tell me what website i need to go so i can look it up.

And by the way Nazi believed in arian power, and everybody in the world were inferior, so why would nazi's talk to dalai lama, anyways please prove you conspiracy theory, and don't put empty statements, i can do that all day long.

bunch of you teenages have been doing that all day long.

why dont you just click on the title ""Dalai Lama and Nazi" and follow the link I've given there?

The logic that the Dalai Lama knew Harrar and so he is a Nazi is as far fetched as stating that Chou en lai after having graduated from Nankai in 1917 and sent by his family to Tokyo to continue his university education was a Japanese collaborator against China!

With such logic, anything can be proved.

Milk is white.

So, is chalk.

Therefore, milk is actually Chalk!!

KV Lin

Get educated about the swastika.

In China, the swastika is a Chinese character ( Pinyin wan4, \ tone ) which means "ten thousand, a very great number, myriad".

Are you aware of the Red Swastika Society of China?

Are you aware that there is the Swastika in the Friday Mosque in Isfahan?

Or that it is there in Amiens Cathedral?

Buddhists and Hindus have the Swastika too!

So all religions have used the Swastika.

Does it mean Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and Chinese are Nazis?

get out of your cave first, I dont think you really know a thing about 卐, while temporary google works can't fully cover your terrible education flaws.

anyway, if icons like 卐 doesn't necessarily prove the connections between Dalai Lama and Nazi, photograph talks as below:

91e86e62d2b62bf129fa3b6fc40b2f2c.jpg

Dalai Lama and Bruno Beger, Nazi SS Officer, Convicted War Criminal, the top Dalai Lama Adviser

8e05a442ef1e9d22b1078461769235b4.jpg

Dalai Lama and SS Nazi Officer, Death Squad Leader,Top Dalai Lama Adviser

ecdd5e5a478808ff85cd8dba65d0fc63.jpg

again Dalai Lama and Heinrich Harrer
the photo was taken long after the Holocaust and after the crimes committed by Harrer's SA thugs in Austria. Harrer was reportedly a die-hard Nazi and Hitler supporter to the very end

c14ea5ece1a9072f1b9607d9299fadf0.gif

Miguel Serrano: Head of the Nazi Party for Argentina and who promotes anti-Semitism and books purporting that Hitler was a "God". Also a good friend of the Dalai Lama whom he meets with regularly.
Picture taken in 1992.

74a87d25ac50fe106fbd82696f27403e.jpg

A 1994 photo from the Dalai Lama's own website. In the middle is The Dalai Lama. On the Dalai Lama's immediate right is former Nazi SS Death Squad Leader, Heinrich Harrer. On the Dalai Lama's immediate left is friend
of the Dalai Lama, Nazi SS Death Squad Leader and convicted Nazi War Criminal, Dr. Bruno Beger who was convicted of mass murder at Auschwitz Nazi Death Camp in Poland during World War II. Compare with earlier pictures of the Dalai Lama (below) being embraced by mass murderer, Bruno Beger and appearing on the front cover of Bruno's book.

c3e3b10c5e3fbc396de69156cb1b31f5._.jpg

Shoko Asahara. Good friend of Dalai Lama and praised by the Dalai Lama after
giving over a million dollars to Dalai Lama. Also an admirer of Adolph Hitler. convicted of mass murder by placing poison Sarin gas in the Tokyo subway.

The logic that the Dalai Lama knew Harrar and so he is a Nazi is as far fetched as stating that Chou en lai after having graduated from Nankai in 1917 and sent by his family to Tokyo to continue his university education was a Japanese collaborator against China!

With such logic, anything can be proved.

Milk is white.

So, is chalk.

Therefore, milk is actually Chalk!!

that's your logic.

Let me twist it in your way: hey there, can you have enough white milk for you next breakfast?

CCTV--The one and only.

Chinese Correct Television Version.

there are approx 2100 TV channels in China, including Asian, Phoenix, Pearl and Huayu in Hong kong.

Give me your favourite channel.

Relax, not Rediff

The Chinese have no free thought?

what else can be compared to China, except your label of democracy. I know you have the freedom to let nearly 1/3 of your people under poverty line, and the freedom to let nearly a 40% in illiteracy. that's really super.

beside, since you've proven the right to hijack every thread to your emptiness. I'm now taking the freedom of laughing at your cave life, as well as your acting to know something about China with internet googling. get your head out of it, Salim, ASAP, coz there are so much to know in the outside world.

there are approx 2100 TV channels in China, including Asian, Phoenix, Pearl and Huayu in Hong kong.
Relax, not Rediff

KvLin you do realize that there is quite a lot of censorship in Chinese Media??
Your rights are curtailed(esp on comparing with democratic free nations)

what else can be compared to China, except your label of democracy.

what is democracy??
In layman terms it means a govt whose rep are chosen by the people and who are responsible to the people...
If the govt is lazy,inefficient,weak etc. it doesn't mean it is undemocratic...
if the people are poor illiterate etc. it doesn't mean the govt is undemocratic...

I know you have the freedom to let nearly 1/3 of your people under poverty line, and the freedom to let nearly a 40% in illiteracy. that's really super.

India is second after China in the amount of people lifted out of poverty...

The people who are poor or illiterate are so because of circumstances, lack of opportunities and also a lack of will on their part.. Govt cannot force them to study or work, the endeavour has to be from their end too. They can haul up their elected reps if circumstances or opportunities are inmical to them.
(I am not sure about the right to work act of the govt.)

The illiteracy or poverty figures look out of place in a country calling itself developed...

beside, since you've proven the right to hijack every thread to your emptiness. I'm now taking the freedom of laughing at your cave life, as well as your acting to know something about China with internet googling.

Cave life?? Is it bad?? If I am not wrong every Indian tries to be known as a descendant of some Saint who used to live covered in tree bark in a cave subsisting on alms...

get your head out of it, Salim, ASAP, coz there are so much to know in the outside world.

I like cocky Chinese...

KV Lin,

You have posted a series of posts and some are one liners which are hilarious!

That apart, let me satiate your desire for enlightenment.

So you have nothing substantial to state in defence of your Yahoo post where you reproduced four anonymous answers to back up your contention. So be it! To expect more of course would be wrong of me from a person who states that there are 2100 TV channels in China and yet ominously avoid indicating ownership!! Am I to presume they are owned by private parties? Am I to understand that such channels can broadcast news that are not very conducive to the govt as in a democracy, as, let us say, India and Pakistan?

In so far as photographs being an indicator of one’s friendship or sharing of ideology, and it being a sureshot alliance, if one wishes one could also show photographs of Rumsfeld with Saddam or Nixon or Bush with the Chinese Communists. Would that make these ultra conservative right wing politicians, Communists or that the US shares the same ideology as Saddam?

I find that you are silent about Chou en Lai being educated in Japan, and if that means, he was a Japanese collaborator. By your logic and wizard presentation, I presume you agree that the first Chinese Communist Prime Minister was, in fact, a Japanese collaborator who took the Japanese Emperor to be God as per the Japanese tradition then!!

As far as the Dalai Lama knowing Harrer, I wonder if you know the circumstances of his meeting. Clever presentations of photos do not tell the whole story or does it?

You also have deigned not to comment on the Swatika being used by ALL religions and that it does not necessarily mean that it is a sole representation of the Nazis or that because the Nazis used a reverse Swastika, all religions are Nazis!!

Our democracies maybe flawed, but we are treated as humans,

Indeed, there is poverty. Am I to understand that China is a land overflowing with milk and honey?

Care to comment on the repeated mine accidents and the state of poverty in China as reported by the UN?

Poverty in China

Poverty means far more than simply not having enough money for minimal survival needs. It means the “denial of opportunities and choices most basic to human development - to lead a long, healthy, creative life and to enjoy a decent standard of living, freedom, dignity, self-esteem and respect from others.” (UNDP, 1997). Poverty affects all aspects of the nation’s life. It affects the environment, health, education, housing, nutrition and agriculture to name but a few areas. Its ultimate power is in distorting individual’s values, disrupting families and communities, sending millions from the poorer regions to the cities in a desperate search for work. There are at least 80 - 100 million people on the move in China as a result of poverty in the rural areas. Estimates of the extent of poverty vary depending on which indicators one chooses. Using the government poverty line, China’s rural poor decreased dramatically from 250 million in 1978 (30% of the rural population) to 42 million in 1998 (4.6% of the rural population). Using a standard international poverty line of $1 per day would result in a substantially greater number of absolute poor, but the trend in reduction of poverty is still confirmed. The proportion of the poor in the western provinces increased from less than half of all China’s rural poor in 1988 to more than two thirds in 1996 because poverty reduction efforts have not been as successful in these regions.

When poverty is measured in terms of nutrition, it often seems similar to that measured by the official income poverty line. A report based on National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) household data found that a quarter of the rural population had less than a minimum level of calorie intake in 1990, while a more recent survey in six poor counties found over one third had a per capita income below the national poverty line (Wang and Li, 1998). Linked with this is the high level of under-five mortality which indicates the deterioration of basic public health services, especially in remote poor areas where the infant mortality rate exceeds 100/1000, at least twice the national average.

Although well over one billion people live above the poverty line in China, the following illustration gives an idea of the possible effects of gender discrimination on the prospects of girls and women. Though gender discrimination is not equivalent to poverty, such discrimination is a vulnerability factor that can impoverish. The situation is such that if a girl were born today in a poor rural ethnic minority community in China she would experience more threats from poverty than most of her compatriots. Malnutrition, coupled with low access to health care, may heighten her vulnerability during the first five years of her life. If she attended school, there is a chance that the lessons would not be in her ethnic language and she is likely to remain illiterate. If she wanted to work off the farm there are far fewer opportunities for her than her brother and if she did find work, she would be paid less for it. She would be unlikely to be able to enter politics or the government services, as these are predominantly open to men. If she migrated to the cities she would find no welcome from the authorities or residents there as urban poverty and unemployment begins to climb. Continued poverty and a sense of desperation could lead her towards high-risk behavior or ill health, treatment for which she would not be able to afford in the city and would be difficult to find in her home region. As she became older and no longer able to work she would find fewer working people able to look after her as the income/dependency ratio changes to her disadvantage.

About China: Poverty

I could append more links if you wish, which may not be as generous as the above.

Obviously, you would not know of this since you delude yourself on freedom and thus you gleefully commented on our poverty.

I do not claim I am "know all" as you are. However, I do back up with links and not merely speculate under the influence of external and possibly illegal mood elevators.

Would not agreeing with you on point raised by you, yourself, mean hijacking a thread?

Would it not have been better than you, yourself, raise the issues that makes you feel that I hae hijacked the thread?

I appreciate your tack of going on the offensive for omissions of your own making!!

I too like cocky China.

Back
Top Bottom