What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Panzerkiel is either being ironic or the order, like usual for tank orders, is about 290 units : )
Personally I don't see Pakistan buying VT-4s, not from the quality issues that I personally know of with Norinco built tanks.
If Norinco was overall a sh*t then all of our AKs and AK-1s don’t deserve to be in PA...

K-2 extremely expensive. T-90(also one of the contenders for this project) was trialed by PA, metallurgy was found to be the best amongst all three, but was found wanting in optronics and Battlefield management systems, ease of maintenance and most importantly line of credit. Russians only deal in Hard Cold Cash. VT-4 version that we are getting I can claim on record here is much better than T-84 Oplot, T-90AM and T-90S.

I have always felt the no. of AK/AK-1 regiments is higher than estimated. These MBTs are everywhere in south & central Pakistan. How many AK/AK-1 regts presently exist?

A clear fact.

No dear, nothing emotional in that. But that's the way it happened.

It's not just cost of the task itself. We have to look at other things as well, such as ease of getting spares, near vicinity of support bases and factories, output capacity of Chinese factories etc.

As a whole, with all these considerations, and economic as well, VT4 suits us.

I gave here the same answer when Portugal choose the Vamtac ST5 instead of a Turkish vehicle, I told them that the factory was few Kms from the border.
And after all, if you need to change any equipment, the Chinese are the ideal partner.

K-2 extremely expensive. T-90(also one of the contenders for this project) was trialed by PA, metallurgy was found to be the best amongst all three, but was found wanting in optronics and Battlefield management systems, ease of maintenance and most importantly line of credit. Russians only deal in Hard Cold Cash. VT-4 version that we are getting I can claim on record here is much better than T-84 Oplot, T-90AM and T-90S.
Are we only going to get about 300 tanks? Also are they going to replace our existing tanks?

From the description from Chinese side. Rich Arabs countries are footing the bill but tank is send to PA...

Something like Egypt Mistral class. It also mention PA is in urgent need of new tank. Sounds like something big is brewing. It seems like front line is very tense and they are sensing something big may broke out if nothing is done to remedy the balance.

I might be completely wrong here but recent criticism of India coming from the middle east and some possible cash flow assistance to Pakistan may be pointing towards something in the works to wrap up the Yemen chapter. Since Pak was not getting involved directly, something under the UN umbrella may be in the works with Pak forces. Long shot though. Wars are started quickly but the ending is always unpredictable.

I have always felt the no. of AK/AK-1 regiments is higher than estimated. These MBTs are everywhere in south & central Pakistan. How many AK/AK-1 regts presently exist?
Pakistan Armed Forces like to keep their true numbers close to their chest...I've always maintained that Pakistan Army is not 700,000 in strength, its probably a million or more. It's impossible to conduct such massive operations against terrorist while keeping the indian army im check on the loc & ib...but the official army size has always been stated as 700,000.

In my opinion AK II will be 55 tonne version of Altay or pretty much K 2 Black Panther only thing will be it would be made us with help of Turkey
Well Turkey still hasn't resolved the engine issue... tank is great but can you fit a Chinese engine? The indigenous 1800hp engine is still a couple of years away. The program itself is great with an unmanned nextgen in pipeline.

Interesting development.This might provoke an indian reaction with armata or proryv-3 unless armoured corps decides the existing T-90s are enough.
Curious though why PA maintains so many tank types,must be a logistical strain.

why people are necroposting a two year old thread?

BOQs ki Gup forum p na charhao Kaka. Humble advice.
I barely comment, I have been following Pakistani Defence while you weren’t even born. Using it these days as this forum has become Langar Gup Forum instead of a professional forum. A lot of things here need correction the first one being Providing Credible info.
Hope u had a Good Iftaar, and now enjoy your Cup of tea and Langar Gup in your BOQ.
kindly cool down and don't take it personal.

Interesting development.This might provoke an indian reaction with armata or proryv-3 unless armoured corps decides the existing T-90s are enough.

They had to deal with obsolescence of a large number of units all together. So they bought what they could, modified some others, and made sure they had a force in existence. At every opportunity, they try to improve their capabilities. It is prohibitive for them to replace everything at one go.

Very unlikely. This purchase hardly affects the balance of power. It is not just a fresh intake, the PA will be retiring a number of older models over time.

Why not make a bet! If the buyer of the tanks is Pakistan, you cease your account. If the tank is not for Pakistan. I cease mine! How?

Calm down kid. You might get a seizure.

I told you long ago (2-3years) VT-4 will won. The spec of VT-4 beats T-84 Oplot , T-90S or whatever.

Its a tank PA cannot refuse. But then some told me they have insider info, very reliable... Blah Blah Blah. PA will not pick VT-4 becos its no good. lol.

It's engine is a laughing stock as it's based on the dreaded condor Perkins. Works well in cold climate but totalled in khairpur region. I hope they addressed the issue.

india can buy whatever her little heart desires...she rest assured that she'll be outgunned no matter what.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom