What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

It's hard to find but does anyone have an idea of ammunition storage and layout within the VT4? Is it stored in protected compartments?

VT4_MBT-3000_MBT_Main_Battle_Tank_Norinco_China_Chinese_army_defense_industry_925_001.jpg
The VT-4 in the pic is just equipped with FY-2 ERA, and the evaluations of VT-4's armor protection we know are also based on FY-2 ERA.

China once wanted to export ZTZ-99 tank without FY-4 ERA...

Personally, I think VT-4 is very good. But many Pakistanis do not trust it. The reasonable alternatives are K-2 and T-90 tanks

Personally, I think VT-4 is very good. But many Pakistanis do not trust it. The reasonable alternatives are K-2 and T-90 tanks

It is good as per Western writers as well. The K2 is too expensive and the VT-4 is better than the T-90S, or at the very least doesn't offer anything groundbreaking.

K-2 extremely expensive. T-90(also one of the contenders for this project) was trialed by PA, metallurgy was found to be the best amongst all three, but was found wanting in optronics and Battlefield management systems, ease of maintenance and most importantly line of credit. Russians only deal in Hard Cold Cash. VT-4 version that we are getting I can claim on record here is much better than T-84 Oplot, T-90AM and T-90S.

K-2 extremely expensive. T-90(also one of the contenders for this project) was trialed by PA, metallurgy was found to be the best amongst all three, but was found wanting in optronics and Battlefield management systems, ease of maintenance and most importantly line of credit. Russians only deal in Hard Cold Cash. VT-4 version that we are getting I can claim on record here is much better than T-84 Oplot, T-90AM and T-90S.
Where does that leave AK II project?

Back
Top Bottom