What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

LOL.. Its not as easy as you think. Altay design is based on German engine. German engine powerpack consists of autotransmission gear, gearbox build into it. Is a very fine art. Its not just a matter of swap into it and it will work. A major redesign is needed. VT-4 engine is on the same route as Geman engine powerpack.

EDITED
I think you did't understand my post. What I mean if that If Pakistan already has good relationship with Ukraine, then why not get Ukrainian tank engines for Altay? It is called 6TD-3 engine but there maybe other options with Ukraine in engine development if 6TD-3 is not good.

EDITED
I think you did't understand my post. What I mean if that If Pakistan already has good relationship with Ukraine, then why not get Ukrainian tank engines for Altay? It is called 6TD-3 engine but there maybe other options with Ukraine in engine development if 6TD-3 is not good.
I think you still didnt understand my previous post. Ukraine engine is not same as German. They are major differences which basically you cannot just drop in with minor redesign and it will work.

Checkout 2017 article talkin of using Ukraine engine or tech.
https://www.defensenews.com/land/20...ainian-preference-for-altay-tank-engine-tech/

But right until early 2020, Altay tank still do not have any progress and the project is almost dead if the engine problem couldnt be solved.
https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkeys-first-indigenous-battle-tank-production-delayed-150706

If the Ukraine engine is really as you touted swap in for Altay tank that easy. The tank wouldnt face delay until now.

EDITED
The Army has a certain induction process and criteria. Altay does not fit into that criteria due to the fact that it is not currently in use by any of the worlds army not even turkish. However A lot of sub systems from Altay are already being incorporated into the AK-2. AK-2 can be denoted as a Pakistani Altay. Why VT-4? Because of the shortfall in production capacity and the urgent requirement in the field and of course the Delays in AK-II

EDITED
Let's go back to Power and Transmission System VT4,Its power system is nerely the same as the latest 99 tank power pack. The same all-in-one power pack, but the VT4 is tuned to 1300 horsepower. 150HB Series Engine and CH1000 Gearing
5db669dc5e2a864f91019712b28c61fb_24189472.jpg

the same power pack in 99A2
62b6ba48402928dc64a7fcc797077682_u=3602752502,36.JPEG

Last edited:
I don't think Abram frontal armour is as thick or thicker than VT-4. As I mention, the extra weight is to handle extra space for additional 4th manned crew.

Sir depleted uranium is reportedly used in Abrams frontal amour which can defeat all modern ATGMs/Threats perhaps missing in export version.

In another forum a credible member has confirmed that supply of VT4 has already started to Pakistan. It is perhaps the best option to counter even an upgraded T90 or Arjun of India.

Sir depleted uranium is reportedly used in Abrams frontal amour which can defeat all modern ATGMs/Threats perhaps missing in export version.

In another forum a credible member has confirmed that supply of VT4 has already started to Pakistan. It is perhaps the best option to counter even an upgraded T90 or Arjun of India.
A lot of countries are slowly phasing out Uranium depleted ammo as their hazardous effect are well known. Ammo is important but same as the gun which can gives extra muzzle velocity.

A lot of countries are slowly phasing out Uranium depleted ammo as their hazardous effect are well known. Ammo is important but same as the gun which can gives extra muzzle velocity.
Sir USA still using it as well as perhaps they used nuclear shells in last phase of Iraq war in Baghdad.

On other hand can u pls comment on muzzle velocity of VT4 as well as it's ammunition.
It looks quite good with GL-5 APS and FY4 era.

As you have knowledge can u pls share your own write up for Chinese MBTs capabilities against Abrams.

Any idea of in what numbers?

It is called 6TD-3 engine
It is called 6TD-5. As I have said here many years ago, it is a “fishing” program - Pakistan should pay for the research money and then wait several years it can become mature. But childrens here can not understand it. 5 years has passed, there is nothing come out because Pakistan do not want to pay.
Ukraine has many this kind of projects as 6TD-5, AI-32,An-418,et al, but nobody want to pay the research money the they will stay on blueprint forever, but kids here took these blueprint as something which really exist.
I do not even to mention that it is also possilbe even you pay the reasearch money they will fail because scientific problem does not neccessarily to be worked out even though you have worked hard on it. If you get a PhD and do some research on some serious problem you can fully understand what I mean.

In another forum a credible member has confirmed that supply of VT4 has already started to Pakistan
On our side, a credible person hints it is for some 大户 which means rich men. Generally it refers to middle east member in our linguistic context.

On our side, a credible person hints it is for some 大户 which means rich men. Generally it refers to middle east member in our linguistic context.

That is another potential middle east customer but for this 2 tanks shipped from inner Mongolia. Its seems the destination is confirmed Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom