What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Domestic CH1000 integrated engine compartment, can provide both 1300HP and 1500HP. For Pakistan, yes!

View attachment 447089
Man, Pakistan don't have to ditch Oplot M for VT4. You can make it both. Or using VT4 tech to improve AK tanks.

Thailand royal army had both Oplot M and VT4.

View attachment 447096

Thanks. and bro we don't need two different tanks , we already Operate T-80, T-85II , AK, AK I and Al-Zarrar .. we need another Tank for Al Haider Project , while the AK II is taking shape .

Thanks. and bro we don't need two different tanks , we already Operate T-80, T-85II , AK, AK I and Al-Zarrar .. we need another Tank for Al Haider Project , while the AK II is taking shape .
I'm afraid that you know littles about VT4,in fact its unit price is nearly 6 million USDs.

Two tanks from two diff countries can be a swift way to upgrade our inventory, with production lines running in two diff countries i.e ukarine n china, we can replace our tank inventory in half the time it would take if we just opt for one option. Tanks are not ultra expensive to mantain like aircraft hence we can support vareity in this dept. Lets say an order of 200 vt 4's and 200 oplot p's will replace 400 obselete tanks quickly, with options of extending the order by 100 more each in the future, the Ak 2 production line can run simultaenously i.e 50 tanks per year. In this way we can add 650 4th gen tanks to our inventory in just 5 years. While this is going on we can build on the oplot order platform to get engine tot from ukarine n simultaneously keep upgrading our production lines until we can manufacture 150 tanks per year in house. Than after half a decade, with domestically built engine n a robust production line, we wont ever have to look for tanks outside Pakistan ever again, without compromising existential threat preperations.

Two tanks from two diff countries can be a swift way to upgrade our inventory, with production lines running in two diff countries i.e ukarine n china, we can replace our tank inventory in half the time it would take if we just opt for one option. Tanks are not ultra expensive to mantain like aircraft hence we can support vareity in this dept. Lets say an order of 200 vt 4's and 200 oplot p's will replace 400 obselete tanks quickly, with options of extending the order by 100 more each in the future, the Ak 2 production line can run simultaenously i.e 50 tanks per year. In this way we can add 650 4th gen tanks to our inventory in just 5 years. While this is going on we can build on the oplot order platform to get engine tot from ukarine n simultaneously keep upgrading our production lines until we can manufacture 150 tanks per year in house. Than after half a decade, with domestically built engine n a robust production line, we wont ever have to look for tanks outside Pakistan ever again, without compromising existential threat preperations.

It will be a logistical nightmare, Al-Zarrar's were upgraded not long ago and they have quite good life left in them , Pakistan should have go for either Oplot P or T-99A's with a 1500 HP engine .. we need to replace a lot of old tanks but two different similar tanks ( Same Generation ) will be a waste of Money , you know that AK1 is almost as capable as VT-4 and any other tank .. AK-2 is going to be next Generation tank :)

I'm afraid that you know littles about VT4,in fact its unit price is nearly 6 million USDs.

I accept that i know very little about VT-4 but i do know that reasonable thing is to either pick Oplot P or VT-4 , not both ..

It will be a logistical nightmare, Al-Zarrar's were upgraded not long ago and they have quite good life left in them , Pakistan should have go for either Oplot P or T-99A's with a 1500 HP engine .. we need to replace a lot of old tanks but two different similar tanks ( Same Generation ) will be a waste of Money , you know that AK1 is almost as capable as VT-4 and any other tank .. AK-2 is going to be next Generation tank :)

I accept that i know very little about VT-4 but i do know that reasonable thing is to either pick Oplot P or VT-4 , not both ..
If we can cope up with logistics than choosing two tanks is the only way to upgrade our inventory quickly, by ur way it will take 10-15 yrs before we could field 2k 4 gen tanks by which time 4 gen may become obselete. To catch up with the modern world in defence tech we would've to face and cope up with logistical nightmares. No easy way around it. Jazba e Emaani is all well n good but i want to see a day when we field better equipment than our foe's in battle for a change. Logistics are a major, major factor in the domain of aircraft simply due to the fact that they are too damn expensive to build and mantain but in less capital intensive fields like MBT's we should be able to face logistics. Dont just think on expense alone, look at the bright side of the knowledge capital and experience our local industry would gain by mantaining 2 foriegn tanks and 1 local one.

If we can cope up with logistics than choosing two tanks is the only way to upgrade our inventory quickly, by ur way it will take 10-15 yrs before we could field 2k 4 gen tanks by which time 4 gen may become obselete. To catch up with the modern world in defence tech we would've to face and cope up with logistical nightmares. No easy way around it. Jazba e Emaani is all well n good but i want to see a day when we field better equipment than our foe's in battle for a change. Logistics are a major, major factor in the domain of aircraft simply due to the fact that they are too damn expensive to build and mantain but in less capital intensive fields like MBT's we should be able to face logistics. Dont just think on expense alone, look at the bright side of the knowledge capital and experience our local industry would gain by mantaining 2 foriegn tanks and 1 local one.

Dude, who will pay ? that is just one problem .. why you want 3 same generation tanks ? buying VT-4 or Oplot P but in larger numbers with as much as ToT we can get from either will be best , replace these ~400 tanks with AK-1 and one from the above ..

Just wondering about the current purchase cost for Al-khalid/MBT2000 in PA...
I read on some sayings it's actually around $4.0M, but need further confirmation, so anyone?

Also seems there are reports that main stream of PA is made of various modded T59s waiting to be replaced with appropriate options , while MBT2000s are mostly used by elite forces.
Considering a total number of 1200 tanks, would the old vs new ratio be close to 5:1 ?

If the money can be found; older tanks like the T-59 should be turned into IFVs: similar to the Israeli Achzarit: with a 30 mm cannon and anti-tank missiles; mobility, firepower, and protection for troops; a good replacement from the m113 and mostly all "in house".
http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weap...nnel_carriers/achzarit/rcws-30_achzarit_1.jpg

Dude, who will pay ? that is just one problem .. why you want 3 same generation tanks ? buying VT-4 or Oplot P but in larger numbers with as much as ToT we can get from either will be best , replace these ~400 tanks with AK-1 and one from the above ..
One reason, production lines with just one country will take a lot longer than two running simaltenously in China and Ukraine.

If we were making 50 tank a year, we wouldn't have the issue of a shortage of new tanks we are facing today.
I feel like the Army threat or risk assessment is such that it is not in a rush for a replacement of lighter tanks hence the go slow approach in the production of Al-Khalid as well as any new replacements.

Listen at 36:00, one of the reasons.

His assessment is wrong.

M1 Abrams series MBT are renowned for their accuracy and much more advanced than the Chinese MBT he referred to. A professional should know what he is talking about.

Whatever happened in Bahawalpur - is mostly stories. Even if there was a problem, additional trials did not happen which suggest that PAK - US relations weren't up to the mark at the time.

Last edited:
His assessment is wrong.

M1 Abrams series MBT are renowned for their accuracy and much more advanced than the Chinese MBT he referred to. A professional should know what he is talking about.

Whatever happened in Bahawalpur - is mostly stories. Even if there was a problem, additional trials did not happen which suggest that PAK - US relations weren't up to the mark at the time.
You are entitled to your opinion.

I would trust an Army officer's word over a nobody like you, any day.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I would trust an Army officer's word over a nobody like you, any day.
I am not a nobody, kid.

During the Persian Gulf War (1991), M1A1 Abrams MBT not only performed well in the Arabian desert environments where sand is thin and soft like talcum powder but destroyed Russian (T-72 and T-62) and Chinese (Type 69, Type 59 and Type 55) MBT with ease, even from distances up to 2000 m. Demonstrations in the battlefield take precedence over stories.

M1A1 Abrams is a class apart from Chinese Type 59 MBT in every respect; better than even Russian T-90. One must do his homework irrespective of his profession; a military professional in particular. Pakistani army officers do not have access to M1 series MBT anyways.

Kuwait is grateful for US saving them from Iraq Invasion. So even the tank is defect, they are obliged to buy certain from US. Saudi closed r/s with US during those times make them close one eye on another thing bought from US.

Something a lot of military deal involves politics and nothing to do with merit. I saw a lot of make up youtube video by American self glorifying their M1A2 abrams tank with absolute no merit. How can a overweight 72tons tank which consume gasoline like no tomorrow is the world best tank? Most of the additional weight is to make space for the loader and nothing to do with thicker armour. US tank are overhype, weight and underpowered. It is a logistic nightmare to handle. It can never be the best tank.

Look at how mediocre it perform against Yemen by Saudi.
Right.

M1A2 Abrams MBT has no merit but Chinese VT-4 which is largely untested in combat situations has merit.

I have gone through your posts in this thread; you are being overtly hostile, rude and reactive. I shall be the first to call you out on this.

Relax and highlight your point-of-view with calm and levelheadedness.

Last edited:
I am not a nobody, kid.

During the Persian Gulf War (1991), M1A1 Abrams MBT not only performed well in the Arabian desert environments where sand is thin and soft like talcum powder but destroyed Russian (T-72 and T-62) and Chinese (Type 69, Type 59 and Type 55) MBT with ease, even from distances up to 2000 m. Demonstrations in the battlefield take precedence over stories.

M1A1 Abrams is a class apart from Chinese Type 59 MBT in every respect; better than even Russian T-90. One must do his homework irrespective of his profession; a military professional in particular. Pakistani army officers do not have access to M1 series MBT anyways.
Definitely, you are a nobody.

The program goes through ISPR's eyes and content is approved, before its screened on national TV, so yes the I trust the Military's word rather a nobody, online poster like yourself. Give the homework lesson to US Army which has much to accomplish in Afghanistan.

Definitely, you are a nobody.

The program goes through ISPR's eyes and content is approved, before its screened on national TV, so yes the I trust the Military's word rather a nobody, online poster like yourself. Give the homework lesson to US Army which has much to accomplish in Afghanistan.
ISPR screens it to ensure that nothing sensitive is disclosed to the public. There is nothing sensitive about a trial of an MBT that occurred 30 years ago, IMO.

People like you are the reason this nation is in heightened state of mess and delusions.

I tell you that M1A1 Abrams MBT has performed well in the environments of Middle East and Afghanistan also. It has utterly dominated various Russian and Chinese MBTs in the battlefield, and its accuracy has been praised by critics and proponents alike.

Same officers tell us that Pakistan Army is best which is a patriotic slogan, not reality. We cannot bury our head in the sand.

Accounts of Persian Gulf War (1991) are in the public domain and irrefutable.

You keep thinking that Chinese Type-59 MBT is better than M1A1 Abrams MBT and "Earth is flat."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom