What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

QRF.

Movement sensors, cameras, drones, foot and motorized patrols for surveillance.
I will be more happy if that will happen. But considering our budget, it seems a distinct shot.
Clearance of terrorists and extremists from Western region has almost come to an end through different Ops conducted under different timelines. Its the threats from across the border (Afghanistan) that require quick decimation on the border itself. This is why walls are being put up which will be monitored by FC. Dynamics of KPK have changed, while Baluchistan and Afghanistan are changing along with Iran. In a conventional war with India, all suitable assets will be shifted to east. Mi-35 will be able to see war in all sectors, except Kashmir. Light helis are already being used at high altitudes of Northern areas.
I don't think things have come under complete control, particularly in Balochistan where IED blasts and ambushes are still a reality. Mi-35 are there to support special Ops as it is among fastest gunship out there. It carries troops and provide fire power at the same time. As long as a comprehensive Balochistan operation is not executed, these gunships will remain there. Once things settle down, introduce Fennec in West for QRF based operations.
Same was once said about modern equipment, tanks and artillery. All are now found in FC.
Yes, but equipment moved to FC was obsolete for army. As far as helicopters are concerned, we already have their shortage in Army so I don't see transfer of any light attack helicopters in FC soon.

T-129 as the heavy weight option?

Z-10 max take-off weight is 7 ton
T129 max take-off weight is 5ton!

Z10 is the heavier one. What am i missing?
The Chinese equipment, just like Russian, usually don't display as much capabilities practically as is displayed in their infographs. T129 has proven itself by carrying max load to the limits of its flight capacity. Z10 ki saans phool jati he...

I think the solution is a Mirage - like program before a JF-17 like program. I would suggest choose a utility / light attack helicopter that was produced in the past and is now being retired. A successful design with capability that is useful today. Build an overhaul facility and "do a Mirage to it". For instance, the Gazelle, a relatively modern design and used by a large number of countries, now being retired / is retired and could be bought at salvage prices.

Bonus - it has not only been used successfully as an attack helicopter but is also a utility aircraft that can seat 4.
We already have mirages in our line. So later due its experts and financial issue Pakistan goes its extensive rebuild process
But going for used plateform which we previously now in our lines and then investing in rebuilding does not make sence technically nor financially

Instead best option is for Pakistan to induct plateform form china or turky which can have light attach and utility with minimal operational and induction cost (offcouse long term soft loan based) additional request for ToT if get in good number

Dont worry Plan B has been activated.
Plan B = additional zulus other then 12 or inductions of Z10ME ? @Blacklight

Yes, but equipment moved to FC was obsolete for army. As far as helicopters are concerned, we already have their shortage in Army so I don't see transfer of any light attack helicopters in FC soon.
Is UH-1 obsolete?

I do not understand. Both Kpk and balochistan have mountainous terrain and z-10 didn't perform well on high altitudes as they were underpowered (speculation). How can Z10 be selected if they cannot perform over the very terrain these helis will be used frequently?

I do not understand. Both Kpk and balochistan have mountainous terrain and z-10 didn't perform well on high altitudes as they were underpowered (speculation). How can Z10 be selected if they cannot perform over the very terrain these helis will be used frequently?
Now engine power and other exhaust issue solved in Z10M

upload_2020-6-17_21-24-47.png

may be we can ask the Americans for these

Back
Top Bottom