What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

bJgLEV.png

Female Avionics developer testing weapons station
rZm1YV.png

Last edited:
Development of T-129 Atak helicopters' mission computer, source codes and avionics.
Year is 2003-2004.
Project Code name: Ar-Ge 2004

First trials with Atak avionics+mission computers on Cobra helicopter

you do not want too many choppers of different makes. then it will become a logistical and a maintenance nightmare.
the vipers your getting are very similar to the cobras you have, no problem there.

the mil 35, well you had the mil 24 before and the mil 35 shares some components with the mil 17, so i heard

the z10 or the t129.
pakistan has to make a decision here to pick one. and i personally think they should go for the z10 and implement some of the t129 components /systems . this means your doing business with other countries and also you can pic the best of each thing your looking for.

its always immature to throw in we need 100+ choppers. but what numbers do you actually need

Dear Good reply considering limited Pak resources, I want to further add that though Zulus are capable yet PA should not get them along with getting rid of old cobras. We should start to use only two plat forms i.e Z10 with some Turkish upgrades for attack roles and Mi35s for transfer of troops in combat areas along with light infantry fire support roles only.
Further should also get complete overhaul/facilities alongwith gradual production of necessary spares.

Dear Good reply considering limited Pak resources, I want to further add that though Zulus are capable yet PA should not get them along with getting rid of old cobras. We should start to use only two plat forms i.e Z10 with some Turkish upgrades for attack roles and Mi35s for transfer of troops in combat areas along with light infantry fire support roles only.
Further should also get complete overhaul/facilities alongwith gradual production of necessary spares.
the current cobras pakistan has are very old. the zulu's has commonality to the cobras so the cobras can be canibalised to maintain the zulus. as for the z10 i feel they will be the backbone of pakistan gunship needs. the t129 is long gone. if tai cant get an export license for the engines then they cant even sell it. now there is a rumor going around that the wz19 was spotted in pakistan now this can replace the t129. the mil35 is for anti drugs.

the current cobras pakistan has are very old. the zulu's has commonality to the cobras so the cobras can be canibalised to maintain the zulus. as for the z10 i feel they will be the backbone of pakistan gunship needs. the t129 is long gone. if tai cant get an export license for the engines then they cant even sell it. now there is a rumor going around that the wz19 was spotted in pakistan now this can replace the t129. the mil35 is for anti drugs.
It'd be ideal if the PAA can build a sizable Z-10 fleet for strengthening our borders. Pair that with local assembly, overhaul and parts manufacturing, and the PAA would be well set. The Z-19 is unclear at the moment, but it could be the PAA trying to see what brought India to develop the LCH, to determine the actual value of a lightweight attack helicopter and see whether acquiring one is worth it.

It'd be ideal if the PAA can build a sizable Z-10 fleet for strengthening our borders. Pair that with local assembly, overhaul and parts manufacturing, and the PAA would be well set. The Z-19 is unclear at the moment, but it could be the PAA trying to see what brought India to develop the LCH, to determine the actual value of a lightweight attack helicopter and see whether acquiring one is worth it.
yes, the z10 is an ideal platform for pakistan, its cheap its big and more importanly it comes with no string attached. so yeh it would be good idea to fully comit to the chopper by co production and service and overhaul facility. but where will they build it? pac is full to capacity and it would require about half a billion to build it and kit the place up with tools and machines. they need more than z10's. they need to replace the seaking's and the alouette3's what will they replace them with. thats a good idea for a good writeup you should consider. i like your work and im a frequent visitor of your site.

yes, the z10 is an ideal platform for pakistan, its cheap its big and more importanly it comes with no string attached. so yeh it would be good idea to fully comit to the chopper by co production and service and overhaul facility. but where will they build it? pac is full to capacity and it would require about half a billion to build it and kit the place up with tools and machines. they need more than z10's. they need to replace the seaking's and the alouette3's what will they replace them with. thats a good idea for a good writeup you should consider. i like your work and im a frequent visitor of your site.
Funny you brought that up because that is *exactly* the topic I am writing about right now :)

when will it be ready?
It'll be published Monday (today), but bear in mind it is merely a part one and quite simple in its form. I try to balance both complex long-form research and analysis with more frequent news-style shorter form writing. One takes a lot more time to write, the other is meant to be more nimble (with the news), but isn't a great representation of what I could do.

Z10 is a good sanction proof platform as ATAK is using NATO components. Turks offered ATAK but sanction prone parts make it difficult decision. Formidable platform though, we are currently evaluating it

Z10 is a good sanction proof platform as ATAK is using NATO components. Turks offered ATAK but sanction prone parts make it difficult decision. Formidable platform though, we are currently evaluating it
we WERE evaluating it,, right?
not ARE ? :undecided:

What about the Z10 we received? Are the taking part in the anti terrorist operations? It was reported that PAA have pointed out some little issues, some tweaks they would like for future procurement. It would be interesting to know if they actually took a active role in the operations or were just evaluated and tested in exercises and simulations. NOTHING would compare to actual field trails and battle tests and that was the primary reason the Chinese gave these to us in the first place. They must have been put through there paces.

Back
Top Bottom