What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

So how many years in actual to be in production mode using TS1400 for atak 129
I thik I have linked the paragraphs from different websites already on this thread. Turks re positive that engine will complete its testing on the helicopters (utility first and then ATAK 129 in next 3 yers).
. the TAI website I visited gave a timeline of 2023 of completion of testing on the helicopters

It depends on how fast they can place it in first helicopter and how fast that helicopter passes all the trials.
NOT so quick Hazrat, this engine has ONLY passed its first hurdle and that is manufacturing the trials and further testing will take years! so dont jump for joy yet.

NOT so quick Hazrat, this engine has ONLY passed its first hurdle and that is manufacturing the trials and further testing will take years! so dont jump for joy yet.
I am not jumping on anything. And not it has passes initial trials. Now the trials which are left are one when it would be integrated with helicopter. That is why it's handed over to TAI.

I am not jumping on anything. And not it has passes initial trials. Now the trials which are left are one when it would be integrated with helicopter. That is why it's handed over to TAI.
The integration of TS-1400 with Gokbey chopper will be completed ASAP. But, the real hurdle is passing the EU certification. Usually, it takes 3 months of constant tests, but for Turkey they extend it up to a year for they can't believe that the Turkish folks are surpassing them.....

The integration of TS-1400 with Gokbey chopper will be completed ASAP. But, the real hurdle is passing the EU certification. Usually, it takes 3 months of constant tests, but for Turkey they extend it up to a year for they can't believe that the Turkish folks are surpassing them.....
let them bring new tests and add further test regimes and if not done already , increase the test parameters pass requirements for certification
but I am sure that due to sheer awesomeness of the Turks the engine will pass though everything the jealous and hatred of Europeans will put in the way.
if it was up to me then I would wait for more years until the Turkish engine is tested and integrated successfully into its utility and ATAK T 129 helicopters instead of settling for an under performing Z-10 that doesn't match up to T -129

PAA should bank on ATAK 2 heavy weight since turkish engine is coming out will take 2-3 yrs to get mature ATAK 2 is better option since we are not in rush anymore or as stop gap PAA can induct Z10 ME ATAK 2 is a good replacement for our cobras and can be induct in decent numbers

It depends on how fast they can place it in first helicopter and how fast that helicopter passes all the trials.

gökbey has also civilian version the integration, trials and tests and the additional aesa certification will take 2 years . one of the experts said for military vehicle like atak will taken 3 month because it does not need aesa certgificatzion.

Last edited:
Besides what PanzerKiel mentioned you also have to take into account that in todays war theater there will be a significant amount of electromagnetic spectrum jamming which will have a profound effect on UAV especially if they are manual or semi autonomous. You cannot guarantee that you will be able to use a UAV in all theaters. Uptill now there have been no war fought between high tech adversaries which used UAV in conflict. (Azeri and Armenian example is a bad one as Armenians dont really have good jamming equipment).
Such threats (EW) are considered in design phase and then in deployment phase of the UAV. Every Army deploys its weapons according to its own Ops plans. Assets are not sent into battlefield blind and allowed to be jammed. Recon and Intel reports are taken into consideration.

So... we just wait for other countries to develop their capabilities while we do practically nothing in the meantime....

aight
1607321418574.png
1607321458723.png

The footage of the "firing" of TS-1400 turbo-shaft engine...

---------------------

More vidoes on TS-1400..

There was news TS1400 was first fired last in 2019. Now TEI has delivered it to TAI its parent company that would mean all tests are done and now integration and aviation tests will be conducted on the utility aircraft platform.
This is a big news. Maturing of the turboshaft engine will take time. It is both engineering and art. PA should go with these engines for T129 and become part of the flight test, evaluation, and integration testing.

Such threats (EW) are considered in design phase and then in deployment phase of the UAV. Every Army deploys its weapons according to its own Ops plans. Assets are not sent into battlefield blind and allowed to be jammed. Recon and Intel reports are taken into consideration.
I don't think I said in my post that UAV are useless my point was that only having UAV is not the option as its operations cant be guaranteed in all cases hence attack helicopters are also required along with UAVs.

Pakistan should ideally be jumping on this Turkish engine program. At least, make these engines domestically.

Pakistan should integrate its defense industry with Turkey. Imagine Turkish defense manufacturers owning stakes in Pakistani enterprises like PAC, HIT, KSEW etc.

Back
Top Bottom