What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Will TAI allow Pakistan to license produce them in Pakistan?
let the engine integration and trials to complete successfully then demand exclusive favors from Turkey while expecting discounts and concessions very little or no money.

to your Question will TAI allow Pakistan to license produce them?
yes of course they will give up all their hard work, R&D and their Patent so that Pakistan can benefit from it as it pleases because we expect them to do this its a hardwired mentality in us to give nothing but expect all and then get dramatic and upset when we are shown our worth and put in place by our brothers like KSA and UAE.

let the engine integration and trials to complete successfully then demand exclusive favors from Turkey while expecting discounts and concessions very little or no money.

yes of course they will give up all their hard work, R&D and their Patent so that Pakistan can benefit from it as it pleases because we expect them to do this its a hardwired mentality in us to give nothing but expect all and then get dramatic and upset when we are shown our worth and put in place by our brothers like KSA and UAE.
Isn't it a licensed product from Agusta A129 Mangusta

Isn't it a licensed product from Agusta A129 Mangusta
Turkey bought IP rights of the helicopter , AW cant sell this helicopter to any outside country except Italy and UK. So the heli is basically Turkish anymore, all avionic suit is Turkish design , AW is nothing for avionics of the heli.

Turkey bought IP rights of the helicopter , AW cant sell this helicopter to any outside country except Italy and UK. So the heli is basically Turkish anymore, all avionic suit is Turkish design , AW is nothing for avionics of the heli.

Also we can't sell Italy

Will TAI allow Pakistan to license produce them in Pakistan?
Pakistan, or let's say it will be PAC, won't be able to do that. Turbofan engines are the platinum standard of metallurgical engineering, mechanical, thermodynamics and mechanical engineering.
At best PAC can assemble and setup MRO facilities.

No, they have spent pretty penny and lot's of time for their engine development. It's similar to Pak sharing their Nuke tech just on the name of Islamic Brotherhood.

With all the discussion, I can just say that I'm quite sure that 30 T-129 ATAK will be coming to PAA.

I'm pretty sure that Turkey originally offered Pakistan local production, as well as some limited ToT, so long as Pakistan picks the T-129 over the Z-10 and the Zulu, and orders a decent amount.

So its not outside of the realm of possibility.

I'm pretty sure that Turkey originally offered Pakistan local production, as well as some limited ToT, so long as Pakistan picks the T-129 over the Z-10 and the Zulu, and orders a decent amount.

I think provided Pakistan can produce parts of the Helo it will be a win win for both countries as Manufacturing costs for Pakistan would be lower than that of Turkey.
A

I think provided Pakistan can produce parts of the Helo it will be a win win for both countries as Manufacturing costs for Pakistan would be lower than that of Turkey.
A

economies of scale...
the setup in Pakistan for local assembly/ production (partial or limited) should be justified by a substantial number of units.

what I dont know is

what is the justifiable number?
what is justifiable timescale?
what is the current inventory?
will that number increase or decrease?
will PN and PAF also require their own units?
possibility of sharing production with TAI ? in case of future export possibilities?

if the plan is for 100s then maybe it will make sense to send our technicians to Turkey or bring their trainers here to train our workers (first make them available through fresh recruitment or peel them off from other projects ) and then find suitable locations to setup the workshops and factories within justifiable time frame.

following is not aimed at you but this rant is on all those baby posters over the year who remind me of (Anokha Ladla khalnay ko mangay chand)

g I find is amusing (if not irritating) that the moment a weapon or a platform is mentioned for Pakistan, then regardless of the ridiculousness of it all, our posters start including ToT, total intellectual rights and letter of gratitude from the supplier without considering

where the funds will come from?
if there is any planning or budget for that ambition?
is there technical workforce available?
why must every "brotherly" nation must surrender its technology or its funds for us Pakistanis?

economies of scale...
the setup in Pakistan for local assembly/ production (partial or limited) should be justified by a substantial number of units.

what I dont know is

what is the justifiable number?
what is justifiable timescale?
what is the current inventory?
will that number increase or decrease?
will PN and PAF also require their own units?
possibility of sharing production with TAI ? in case of future export possibilities?

if the plan is for 100s then maybe it will make sense to send our technicians to Turkey or bring their trainers here to train our workers (first make them available through fresh recruitment or peel them off from other projects ) and then find suitable locations to setup the workshops and factories within justifiable time frame.

following is not aimed at you but this rant is on all those baby posters over the year who remind me of (Anokha Ladla khalnay ko mangay chand)

g I find is amusing (if not irritating) that the moment a weapon or a platform is mentioned for Pakistan, then regardless of the ridiculousness of it all, our posters start including ToT, total intellectual rights and letter of gratitude from the supplier without considering

where the funds will come from?
if there is any planning or budget for that ambition?
is there technical workforce available?
why must every "brotherly" nation must surrender its technology or its funds for us Pakistanis?
Pak might have already made the down payment for that....

You don’t necessarily put everything in your “official” books!! Even Al Capone got caught because of a slight mistake over there....

The “White Middle Aged Male” accountants and lawyers, thy names are Devils...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom