What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

2.jpg

Probbly I think by early next year we will see Turkish prototype flying in air again ...

Hopefully they figured out the fan shut down problem , probbly atmospheric pressure could be culprit , or hose or wiring issue at high altitudes ... every thing has to be done perfectly ...

It would be interesting to see what the Turkish will conclude from the wrecke eavlution , what was the root cause of the crash beyond the high level discussion that it was rear wing stopped operating

8acac308f8900509ab338395fe98f2aa._.jpg

Judgeing at the picture , I am suprised at the top rotating rotars , they do not seem to be made of metallic material , it looks like its wood... ????

Can anyone elaborate why does the image gives an impression that the top rotator have wood like physical attributes ...

8acac308f8900509ab338395fe98f2aa._.jpg

Judgeing at the picture , I am suprised at the top rotating rotars , they do not seem to be made of metallic material , it looks like its wood... ????

Can anyone elaborate why does the image gives an impression that the top rotator have wood like physical attributes ...

it looks like carbon fiber to me.........correct me if i am wrong!

getAsset.aspx

it looks like carbon fiber to me.........correct me if i am wrong!

Yups right, nowadays most of the material in aircraft are made up of Carbon Fibre Composites and similar stuff like that.

Yups right, nowadays most of the material in aircraft are made up of Carbon Fibre Composites and similar stuff like that.

I think CF alone is not usable on halo wings because of its material properties. I think CF is only the composite carrier material of that composite.

I think CF alone is not usable on halo wings because of its material properties. I think CF is only the composite carrier material of that composite.

Thanks Sir, i know they are not made of just CF, rather something else is also added to make it more durable and strong. Composites are made up of different materials and combination of composite material used in special ways.

Looks like the already cleaned out the engine and took it back for analysis , I am suprise there is still something left in that copter

How does the eject option works in these choppers you can't possibly go up use an eject seat with the rotors on top must be
a tricky thing to get out of the copter with it just out of control and moving in all directions

Looks like the already cleaned out the engine and took it back for analysis , I am suprise there is still something left in that copter

How does the eject option works in these choppers you can't possibly go up use an eject seat with the rotors on top must be
a tricky thing to get out of the copter with it just out of control and moving in all directions

the roter blades are torn off by an explosion at the base of the blades and then the canopy flies off and the pilot seat jetisons as normal

the cut off you see is rougly where the blades before ejection are blown off.

check videos on helicopter ejection & it will make more sense

The pilots will be cut to threads if they eject from the cockpit and into the rotor blades!!!:what::hang2:

I guess no ejection seats!!!! Just kidding!

Last edited:
the roter blades are torn off by an explosion at the base of the blades and then the canopy flies off and the pilot seat jetisons as normal

the cut off you see is rougly where the blades before ejection are blown off.

check videos on helection ejection & it will make more sense

As for helos with the ejection seats, most designs use separation charges in the rotor head to separate the blades prior to the seats leaving. So they don't actually hit the blades on the way out -- hopefully.

In this case the rotor head did not separate -- seems like no ejection!

Furthermore, these helos are designed to fly low and fast - it would be a miracle if the separation system and the ejection sequence is successful at low levels of flight!

This is the reason that both the Apache and the Cobra does not have an ejection system but depend upon crash panels and armored panels for battlefield survivability.:tup:

As for helos with the ejection seats, most designs use separation charges in the rotor head to separate the blades prior to the seats leaving. So they don't actually hit the blades on the way out -- hopefully.

In this case the rotor head did not separate -- seems like no ejection!

Furthermore, these helos are designed to fly low and fast - it would be a miracle if the separation system and the ejection sequence is successful at low levels of flight!

This is the reason that both the Apache and the Cobra does not have an ejection system but depend upon crash panels and armored panels for battlefield survivability.:tup:

hey i saw a hele ejection in a bond movie it was like the rotors dis ingaged frn axel with charges and then the whole compartment of two pilots ejected...is it possible?

Greetings from a new member. :)

Currently Russian Ka-50 Kamov heli is using ejection seats. When pilot decides to eject, small explosive charges blow off the rotor blades to protect pilots. Rest is like in fighters, canopy is thrown away, seat is pulled away and little charges activated to fly the seat away.

Back
Top Bottom