What's new

Pakistan Army's Sikh officer has a 'Celebrity Status'.

Why only Punjab and not the whole country?

And why not the trends of minorities population after the partition as well?

Because most of migration and bloodshed happened in Punjab.

You are free to compare population of minorities of today with their population after post partition migrations.

Don't bother arguing with some intolerant folks here man.Just an advice.

I will continue to say what I know to be the truth regardless if someone heeds my advice or not.

Thanks for the advice though. ;)

Btw topic was a sikh officer treated by Pakistanis in the ideas 2014 why people bring ahmadis and others in that thread :-X :-X :-X
Btw singh is looking cool in Pak army uniform <3<3 :p:

The Pakistani Sikh soldier's service is well appreciated, commenting on the situation of other "minority" officers in Pak Army is not really off topic.

Admiral Bashir is not an Ahmadi. The people who first spread the rumour he was were on a famous Anti Ahmadiyya site who's apparent list of other Ahmadis included Musharraf's wife, and Tariq Aziz. You can still continue to believe it though, I have no problem with that.

I don't know about those rumors, i heard the name from an Ahmadi (aka Lahori Group)

As for promotions, just ask any Ahmadi who has family in the armed forces. They are almost always looked over for promotion after they reach a certain rank. That I was told from people in the armed forces, if you have different information, please share.

And I hope I didn't come off as offensive, you are one of the few people on PDF that I genuinely respect.

Dude, My colleague in ex-company was Ahmadi and her father retired at rank above brigadier and her uncle is still serving. That's why i am saying that your statement is factually not correct.

At the rate sikhs are going extinct in India, days are not far off when Indians will pose with Pakistani sikhs for photo.

I don't know about those rumors, i heard the name from an Ahmadi (aka Lahori Group)

Dude, My colleague in ex-company was Ahmadi and her father retired at rank above brigadier and her uncle is still serving. That's why i am saying that your statement is factually not correct.

Perhaps you are right, I don't want to argue for the sake of argument. I am just referring to the information I have, I thought this information would have come to my attention.

Can I ask what rank the father did retire at? If you know/you want to share, no pressure though. Thanks for the info.

Perhaps you are right, I don't want to argue for the sake of argument. I am just referring to the information I have, I thought this information would have come to my attention.

Can I ask what rank the father did retire at? If you know/you want to share, no pressure though. Thanks for the info.

2 Star

If I am not wrong there were also more than one Hindu officers who were commissioned into the Pak Army along with the very same Sikh officer!!Why are they nowhere to be seen now??Why this sudden emphasis on the Sikh officer only??The Hindu officers should also enjoy the very same status isn't it?? I seriously hope that this is not another failed attempt to show to the Indian members on this forum that Sikhs are doing extremely well in Pakistan!! :partay::partay::partay:
Pak army recruits first Hindu cadet - The Times of India
Sikh and Hindu officers usher in a new era in Pakistani Army | SikhNet

If I am not wrong there were also more than one Hindu officers who were commissioned into the Pak Army along with the very same Sikh officer!!Why are they nowhere to be seen now??Why this sudden emphasis on the Sikh officer only??The Hindu officers should also enjoy the very same status isn't it?? I seriously hope that this is not another failed attempt to show to the Indian members on this forum that Sikhs are doing extremely well in Pakistan!! :partay::partay::partay:
Pak army recruits first Hindu cadet - The Times of India
Sikh and Hindu officers usher in a new era in Pakistani Army | SikhNet

Sikhs despite being smallest minority somehow manage to get better treatment than other minorities. Sikh parliamentarians got lime light, nankana sahib enjoys status of holy city, birthday of of guru nanak is off day, their gurdwaras are under control of PSPGC while temples are under ETPB. And i agree with you Hindus and Christians should get more emphasis and importance than Sikhs.

Sikhs despite being smallest minority somehow manage to get better treatment than other minorities. Sikh parliamentarians got lime light, nankana sahib enjoys status of holy city, birthday of of guru nanak is off day, their gurdwaras are under control of PSPGC while temples are under ETPB. And i agree with you Hindus and Christians should get more emphasis and importance than Sikhs.

Yes guru nanak was basically a sufi saint and some muslims too later converted to sikhism.Maybe thats why.

Because most of migration and bloodshed happened in Punjab.

You are free to compare population of minorities of today with their population after post partition migrations.

It is true that Punjab was the worst effected. However in Pakistan (especially West Pakistan) the whole country was systematically ethnically cleansed.

In India, the effects were limited mainly to Punjab.

Also, in both Muslim majority countries after partition, the population of minorities continued to decline even after partition (becoming negligible in West so the Muslim sects became the target) while in India the trend is the reverse.

It does show something that one can ignore only if one is in denial.

It is true that Punjab was the worst effected. However in Pakistan (especially West Pakistan) the whole country was systematically ethnically cleansed.

In India, the effects were limited mainly to Punjab.

Also, in both Muslim majority countries after partition, the population of minorities continued to decline even after partition (becoming negligible in West so the Muslim sects became the target) while in India the trend is the reverse.

It does show something that one can ignore only if one is in denial.

You have to compare ratio of west Pakistan with neighboring Indian states East Punjab (now Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh), Gujrat & Rajistan. Minorities were less than 3% in west Pakistan after post partition migration, today they are over 3%. Regarding today's Muslims in India, they either opted to stay in India or were against creation of Pakistan. So, they were supposed to be in India.

upload_2014-12-13_13-50-6.png

You have to compare ratio of west Pakistan with neighboring Indian states East Punjab (now Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh), Gujrat & Rajistan. Minorities were less than 3% in west Pakistan after post partition migration, today they are over 3%.

Thanks. It does show ethnic cleansing on a massive scale during partition time in West Pakistan (and later on in East Pakistan/Bangladesh as well (35% to 7% today)).

Something you don't see in case of India.

And if there was an impact only in the neighboring states of India, it just shows that in India the violence was driven by retaliation and was limited in scope while in Pakistan it was all encompassing.

All the migration was not voluntary. People had to move because they were forced to, or they feared for their lives.

Regarding today's Muslims in India, they either opted to stay in India or were against creation of Pakistan.

They opted because they were given that option and they didn't fear for their lives to the same degree that non Muslims did in Pakistan.

A very large majority of Indian Muslims voted for Muslim league and it's partition agenda, in fact more than what Muslims did in today's West Pakistan where the demand was quite muted.
So, they were supposed to be in India.

View attachment 175344

In fact quite the reverse. It was the Muslims in Muslim minority provinces who most demanded Pakistan, not in the Muslim majority provinces. What you are saying goes against the grain of the two nation theory.

Thanks. It does show ethnic cleansing on a massive scale during partition time in West Pakistan (and later on in East Pakistan/Bangladesh as well (35% to 7% today)).

Something you don't see in case of India.

If you take off saffron glasses than you will see that same kind of ethnic cleansing also took place in east Punjab where population of Muslims reduced from over 40% to less than 1%

And if there was an impact only in the neighboring states of India, it just shows that in India the violence was driven by retaliation and was limited in scope while in Pakistan it was all encompassing.

Who started and who retaliated is like chicken and egg case, you will say Indian retaliated we will say Pakistani retaliated. So, i am not interested in running in circles, but the fact is both sides did massive killings.

All the migration was not voluntary. People had to move because they were forced to, or they feared for their lives.

So, was the case with Muslims as well.

They opted because they were given that option and they didn't fear for their lives to the same degree that non Muslims did in Pakistan.

A very large majority of Indian Muslims voted for Muslim league and it's partition agenda, in fact more than what Muslims did in today's West Pakistan where the demand was quite muted.

Hypocrites like you will bring examples of abdul kalam azad and others like him if tables are turned, you will come with different logic when topic is about hyderabad, kashmir and junjagarh.

In fact quite the reverse. It was the Muslims in Muslim minority provinces who most demanded Pakistan, not in the Muslim majority provinces. What you are saying goes against the grain of the two nation theory.

I am not fan of TNT.

A good point but its long finished.Stop wasting ur money and buy a block 52with it,,,will be more handy:D

Some times it's good to make long term investment, as no much funds are involved so what's problem with giving it a shot. If not more than at-least we will get religious tourism. :pop:

Back
Top Bottom