What's new

Pakistan Army soldier inadvertently crossed LoC; Indian Army killed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we have to wait for further reports. PA returned Indian chopper and the IA has also returned PA soldiers, even civilians. As members said previously either he fired mistakenly or IA took him mistakenly. In any case he alone should not have gone too far inside LOC. Since the beheading of IA soldiers happened recently, soldiers on both side should be more careful while patrolling. Elections are near in both the countries so I hope political parties on both side would not try to politicise these issues.

India army kills Pakistani soldier who crossed LoC
By Web Desk / AFP
Published: February 15, 2013

Indian Border Security Force (BSF) soldiers patrol the fenced border with Pakistan in Suchetgarh, southwest of Jammu January 16, 2013. PHOTO: REUTERS

ISLAMABAD: Indian troops shot dead a Pakistani soldier who had strayed onto their side of the de facto border in the disputed Kashmir region, officials from both countries said Friday.

“We detected some suspicious movement yesterday near the LoC (Line of Control) inside our territory and the challengers from our side fired and in the ensuing firefight he was killed,” Lieutenant Colonel Rajesh Kalia, a spokesman for the Indian army’s northern command, told AFP.

An AK-47 rifle was found alongside the body of the soldier, the spokesman added.

A Pakistani security official said contact was being made with the Indian authorities for the return of the body of the soldier, identified only as Ikhlaq.

The soldier had been killed on Thursday night after he “inadvertently crossed the Line of Control in Khoi Ratta sector”, the Pakistani official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

And it proves that the Pakistani soldier did not fire at Indians.

anyway they killed him. no point to discuss.

but keep it as reference for future incidents

Lack of communication to all posts on the Indian side is the cause of this casualty. The SOP is to microphone the soldiers name and his commanding officer along the path he strayed. There might be other procedures that I do not know about but its a very regrettable occurrence which could have easily been avoided. My prayers go out to his family and hope his unneeded sacrifice is remembered by both countries. This could very well happen to anyone of them.

The guy was probably an infiltrator sent by pakistanis. They usually pull these kind of stunts--provide covering fire while infiltrators cross across into India. I don't believe that a "single soldier" simply happened to lose his "way". These guys usually travel in packs. Even to take a piss on patrol.

If you ask me, he got what was coming to him. The LoC is a highly charged atmosphere--24/7. You don't have the luxury of being stupid along the LoC. I do not for one second imagine the PA patrol men to be stupid. Which is why, i think this was a deliberate attempt and a cover-up from the pakistani side.

Pakistan Army should start killing the intruders as well as those inadvertently crossing Indian Army soldiers as well as those fishermen.

The guy was probably an infiltrator sent by pakistanis. They usually pull these kind of stunts--provide covering fire while infiltrators cross across into India. I don't believe that a "single soldier" simply happened to lose his "way". These guys usually travel in packs. Even to take a piss on patrol.

If you ask me, he got what was coming to him. The LoC is a highly charged atmosphere--24/7. You don't have the luxury of being stupid along the LoC. I do not for one second imagine the PA patrol men to be stupid. Which is why, i think this was a deliberate attempt and a cover-up from the pakistani side.

Indian Army would notify if there were others. Unfortunately for your dream theory, it is nothing but garbage to defend Indian Army's failure.

Its kind of difficult to imagine a single soldier getting lost, but possible I guess.

Regrettable if he was lost and was killed due to the suspicion that prevails.

What pakistani posters need to realise is thatif the PA story is true, then the soldier probably did not know he was on the Indian side and hence was not thinking of surrendering or seeking help from Indians. That may have played a part. In all cases, a lost life is regrettable.

@UmarJustice - India has also returned pakistani plane that landed in India. Muradk recounts a story on the forum. All circumstances are not the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan Army should start killing the intruders as well as those inadvertently crossing Indian Army soldiers as well as those fishermen.

I understand your feelings, but an armed person deep inside Indian territory is bound to be suspicious. Specially when the LOC has been repeatedly being used by insurgents to get into indian territory.

And how can you apply the same logic to fisherman? There isn't any visible territorial demarcation on territorial water, neither does all fisherman can afford GPS systems.

Indian Army would notify if there were others. Unfortunately for your dream theory, it is nothing but garbage to defend Indian Army's failure.

Should have fired those fuckers down.

How is it failure when the Border patrol do their job ? Do you expect the Indian border patrol to roll out the red carpet and invite the infiltrators for tea ? They did their job, exactly what's expected of them. If they guy was a lone soldier who happened to get "lost" he wouldn't have attempted to fire at the people trying to secure him.

Should have fired those fuckers down.

I'm sure the PA will remember....there's always a next time.

There's no way anyone 'inadvertently' crosses over when ceasefire violations are going on. It helps Pakistan's case that the soldier wasn't captured alive, now everybody can cook up any story they want. I wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan claims that we crossed over and dragged the soldier's body over the LoC.

This whole bit of the Pakistani army informing India about a soldier crossing the LoC is silly. How do they know that? Did they see him cross? If not, the only way they could have found out is after the IA shot him & checked with the PA.

Its kind of difficult to imagine a single soldier getting lost, but possible I guess.

Regrettable if he was lost and was killed due to the suspicion that prevails.

What pakistani posters need to realise is that the soldier probably did not know he was on the Indian side and hence was not thinking of surrendering or seeking help from Indians. That may have played a part. In all cases, a lost life is regrettable.

@UmarJustice - India has also returned pakistani plane that landed in India. Muradk recounts a story on the forum. All circumstances are not the same.

Have you ever seen the LoC ? It is not humanely possible for experienced soldiers to "wander" across unless they are blind and stupid at the same time. I am quite certain PA does not have quota for autistic individuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom