What's new

Pakistan Army restricts Geo Channels in its offices

Nothing wrong with that. Like you said it's legal.

However the cornerstone of journalism is objectivity; once you indulge in activism any promise of objectivity is lost.
Thus these two activities are self contradictory.

So that loss of objectivity would make it poor journalism, but there is nothing wrong or illegal about that either.

So that loss of objectivity would make it poor journalism, but there is nothing wrong or illegal about that either.

It is not poor journalism; It's exploitation of good journalism.

If a news channel indulges in activism in guise of journalism, that relinquishes the cover,

News become propaganda.

I said Break any clause of the Constitution & you are technically a Traitor .. where did I even mentioned Article 6 or high Treason ?

whats that? please dont overstress yourself with what treason is. there is high treason by article 6 and there is general treason by some Act which describe the actions that fall under treason, one of the types committed by dr shakeel afridi, which was conspiring with foreign agency.

whats that? please dont overstress yourself with what treason is. there is high treason by article 6 and there is general treason by some Act which describe the actions that fall under treason, one of the types committed by dr shakeel afridi, which was conspiring with foreign agency.
It seems you have no idea of the constitution & how law works in Pakistan , I am wasting my time ... you can think whatever you want ... wont make it right though .

It is not poor journalism; It's exploitation of good journalism.

If a news channel indulges in activism in guise of journalism, that relinquishes the cover,

News become propaganda.

No it does not. But you have your opinion on this, and I have mine. Let us leave it at that.

So where is the investigation and due process that has determined whether what has been said is false or true? Why the rush to pre-judge?

The military has every right to block Jang/Geo in its offices, absolutely. But to claim insult or defamation is premature without a proper investigation.

======================

It is far better to say that "We strongly deny the charges made and look forward to co-operating with the judicial investigation to clear our good name".
did geo news investigated before they accused our isi and army? And as far as ban is concerned, geo news should be banned immediately because they are defaming and demoralizing our army and they are misleading nation with their lies and they are working for raw and cia

Last edited:
did geo news investigated before they accused our isi and army? And as far as ban is concerned, geo news should be banned immediately because they are defaming and demoralizing our army and they are misleading nation with their lies and they are working for raw and cia

It is the job of the Tribunal to determine if the accusation made by the victim is true or not, not Geo's job. Geo's job was to report that such an accusation was made, which is all that it did.

None of that merits a ban just because some people don't like it.

It seems you have no idea of the constitution & how law works in Pakistan , I am wasting my time ... you can think whatever you want ... wont make it right though .

you can convince me with your wisdom anytime? make sure you dont waste your nor my time anymore.

It is the job of the Tribunal to determine if the accusation made by the victim is true or not, not Geo's job. Geo's job was to report that such an accusation was made, which is all that it did.

None of that merits a ban just because some people don't like it.[/quote

None of that merits a ban just because some people don't like it.
Taliban has took responsibility of this incidence but still geo is kept accusing Pak army and isi. If we turn on some geo channels it seems like as if we r watching some Indian channel in which all time they r accusing isi and army. It's not that geo don't know who is behind this attack geo knows everything but they are not telling others the truth. They r just saying isi is behind this attack because this is what they have been paid for by Uncle Sam and raw.

And one funny is that they have lodge FIR against namalom afarad ((anonymous )) :omghaha: If they really thinks army is behind this then they should lodge FIR against them.

Back
Top Bottom